Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

16 hours ago, TCO said:

I could see them hitting around the £30mil mark with add-ons, but if De Gea sets the market then recently relegated keeper with 30 league appearances should be much lower.

Difference is De Gea was signed from abroad and about 6 years ago when there was slightly less silly money going around in the Prem. 

• Like 1

Pickford is gonna be worth a lot more to a certain type of club. He's one of the best shot stoppers in the league, but let's be real, he's never going to make it at a big club. Somewhere like West Brom is probably his ceiling.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

No way is Pickford worth 2 Alan Shearers. Or 4.3 Andy Coles (Keith Gillespie adjustment not calculated).

How many Gerry Francis do you think he's worth? 

On 2017-5-20 at 09:56, Nerf said:

Pickford is gonna be worth a lot more to a certain type of club. He's one of the best shot stoppers in the league, but let's be real, he's never going to make it at a big club. Somewhere like West Brom is probably his ceiling.

Absolutely incorrect, he is much, much more than just a shot stopper. He has great command of his area, is not afraid to come and claim crosses, he makes the odd mistake so is far from the finished article. One of his best attributes is his distribution/kicking, he's capable of creating chances with it fairly easily. He will get a move to a top side eventually but it's not going to come cheaply.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Just Relegated said:

Absolutely incorrect, he is much, much more than just a shot stopper. He has great command of his area, is not afraid to come and claim crosses, he makes the odd mistake so is far from the finished article. One of his best attributes is his distribution/kicking, he's capable of creating chances with it fairly easily. He will get a move to a top side eventually but it's not going to come cheaply.

Is it really? Granted, I haven't watched much Sunderland but every time I've seen him he seems to be ponderous and wasteful with his kicking.

1 minute ago, Nerf said:

Is it really? Granted, I haven't watched much Sunderland but every time I've seen him he seems to be ponderous and wasteful with his kicking.

He's playing for Sunderland, most of our useless twats can't get on the end of them. 

I can't find the other examples from this season but trust me, he's one of the best.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Honestly, I figure if Liverpool aren't willing on giving Karius another go - why they went for him over the likes of Timo Horn is odd - and still don't trust Mignolet, Pickford might be a great choice.

I've been a big critic of Mignolet during his time here but this season he's been good and has improved a lot. His kicking has improved, he seems calmer in net and is starting to command his box more and is more aggressive when it comes to crosses. De Gea, Lloris, Courtois, Bravo and Cech have all made mistakes this season as well.  

If we had signed Mignolet this season and he's played the way he has, there wouldn't be questions of us needing a new keeper. 

Karius though, no idea what is going to happen next season for him. Is he still viewed as the future number 1 or will he be used in the domestic cups.  

Just now, Davidmarrio said:

I've been a big critic of Mignolet during his time here but this season he's been good and has improved a lot. His kicking has improved, he seems calmer in net and is starting to command his box more and is more aggressive when it comes to crosses. De Gea, Lloris, Courtois, Bravo and Cech have all made mistakes this season as well.  

If we had signed Mignolet this season and he's played the way he has, there wouldn't be questions of us needing a new keeper. 

I'm glad he's been good this season - I remember saying that he needed time to become more confident and get better similar to how De Gea did back when Fergie dropped him for a time. He could be a top top keeper from next season.

So apparently, one year into a silly three year loan deal that was an absolute ballache and took weeks/months to put together in the first place...Juve has just gone "fuck it" and signed Juan Cuadrado to a permanent deal anyway. The fee is 20m (aka 25m minus the loan fee already paid for this year).