jmac7164

***spoilers***
EWR Real World Update - April 2017

45 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Troy said:

You are in the wrong thread, as has been stated many times now.

Thanks, now he is going to be bringing this shit to my thread.

1 person likes this

Just now, TheWho87 said:

Thanks, now he is going to be bringing this shit to my thread.

I mean, I'd feel bad but if he's going to do it, he should do it in the right thread at least. :P 

Well really, he mentioned TEW 2013 - the free game in a series that he is so passionate about.

All of this is well and funny, never seen anyone like this REDDRAGONB character, but it's not fair on @TheWho87 to be getting criticism when he puts in a shit load of work to make our games fun and realistic to play.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

I'm not any good at stats, but does anyone want to give it a go putting something together for Darby Allin?

He's become a big part of EVOLVE lately, I think he's passed due for an addition to the game.

Edited by Cauchi19
spelling erros
1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Apsham said:

Well really, he mentioned TEW 2013 - the free game in a series that he is so passionate about.

TEW 2005 is the free game, not 2013, unless I missed something.

2 hours ago, Skummy said:

TEW 2005 is the free game, not 2013, unless I missed something.

treehouse-of-horror-v11.png?w=655

This is the most discussion in an EWR Update thread for quite sometime and it wasn't even about EWR.
SMH

1 person likes this

Just playing around with the data for a WWE Scenario came across A couple of theings.

Re-add Akira Tozawa to WWE
Correct Drew McIntyre's name spelling and change his short name to McIntyre
Change James Ellsworth's gimmick to Lackey

Add Cathy Kelley to Staff. Producer. Age 28. Birthday: September. Talent: 73
Add Charly Caruso to Staff. Producer. Age 29 Birthday: July. Talent 75
Add Mike Rome to Staff. Producer. Age 35 Birthday: October Talent 73
(I think these guys were in before. Haven't checked. Not sure.)

Noting the data is set up for a April 1st start I didn't mention Championship changes or Roster changes due to Shake Up Drafts/debuts.

On 4/25/2017 at 18:53, Rocky said:

This is the most discussion in an EWR Update thread for quite sometime and it wasn't even about EWR.
SMH

I'm glad I took a break this month. Lol.

i have been working on my updates and I plan to release my update for May on Monday.

Thank you to @jmac7164 for his hard work  while I took an uxexpected break (blame work, haha). I will be back bigger, stronger, faster!!!!!

4 people like this

where is Samantha starr shes been missing from updates since 2015 she still wrestles and is a champion last I knew

On 4/21/2017 at 22:17, jmac7164 said:

Oh I know that they are not from USA, Canada or Mexico. i meant to say does it really make a difference if the Company is listed in the right country? And I also think that those promotions are bigger then all the "small" promotions and bigger then some of the regional ones too. But I think That instead of adding the companies I will just add the people on the roster because some of them are starting to break into the USA. @Deathlok190

With the UK promotions, would it be likely that the closest way to get the same basic effect of a UK promotion would be to mark them as Canadian promotions instead?

Canada has some connections to the United Kingdom as it is anyway, so it's about as close to getting the spirit of the law as there could be with a game as old as EWR is.

@Reflecto Is My Favorite Poster Ill wait for PaigeTurners next update and then see what I could do with the UK Promotions.

Alright guys, to cut back on loading times i'm thinking about deleting some names from the database, any suggestions?

1 person likes this

The game loads fine, especially compared to the old updates. I wouldn't remove anyone. With how popular By2G games are everyone probably gets some use.

I was thinking just a handful, not a whole lot- just guys who haven't been active in years, etc. Bills updates before I took over were painfully bloated with workers and with all the up and coming names in the world, I want to keep the game as modern as possible. Im looking to add a few guys from the UK that are starting to make a name for themselves stateside.

Perhaps it's time to retire guys like HBK, Bret, Batista, etc. If we're keeping it modern, these guys might have to go.

- Rename Johnny Yuma to YUMA
- Rename Johnny Goodtime to Kevin Martenson
- Add Oliver Grimsly to CWFH as a heel, either with Weirdo or Gothic
- Turn Tyler Bateman face with Man On A Mission as his gimmick
- Peter Avalon's gimmick should be set to Arrogant
- Add Kevin Condron (Snowflake) to CWFH as a non-wrestler with a Staff Member gimmick
- Add Dylan Bostic to CWFH
- Maybe remove Morty Lipschitz and Stu Stone. Neither have been around in a while from what I've seen.
- YUMA is the new CZW Wired Champion. Perhaps add him to CZW?
- Add Levi Shapiro to CWFH and up his overness to 25
- Buddy Royal should be added to the game

Spoiler

Name: Buddy Royal
Short Name: Royal
Nationality: American
Birthmonth: Unknown
Weight: Lightweight
Wages: $5,000
Employer #1: CWFH
Disposition: Heel
Position: Lower Midcarder
Gimmick: High Society
Stats: 55/41/53/55/49/25/60/85/85 
Ticked: None
Primary Finisher: Figure Four Leglock (Submission)
Secondary Finisher: Figure Four Leglock (Submission)

- Add the team of Levi Shapiro and Buddy Royal (The Classic Connection) with an experience of 20. Make their finisher the Decapitation Elbow

Removing HBK,Bret,Batista, etc is ridiculous when half of them still appear and/or do events. Batista especially since he's only a couple years removed from being in the main event of WM and could easily do it again.

1 person likes this

As someone who recently went through and deleted over 1700 workers from my database, it really sucks. But seeing as you will only do a few it should be fine.

Japanese workers. Way too many for a game that cannot run a Japanese promotion. I know they are popular workers but they make up about 10% of the list and close to 50% of them probably won't even be noticed missing. Granted, they'd mostly be in there for the "Tours" but how many of those promotions still run? May cut a few of the lower end workers.

Non-Wrestlers. So many that will not be used. How many people are going to hire Celeste Bonin, Dustin Cutler etc when they can't be used as announcers or really for any purpose but angles here and there. I wouldn't consider them "Authority types". Possibly clear some of them up.

Lower end workers who have nothing that can help propel your company or themselves. Low Stats. Near no charisma. Not one redeeming factor. Maybe a $2000 wage but that'll be a waste of $2000 if used. Possibly clean this up.

These are just simple suggestions. I have no problems with the way the data is at the moment. Possibly putting a cap of 2000 workers would work. For every one after that you add, remove one.

Celeste is a bad example. She's pretty popular and I imagine a lot of people use her and just edit her back to a wrestler.

If you can't tell I'm still really against removing people. The data being as extensive as it is with workers is a huge draw to me. Just being able to find anyone I want in the game is awesome.