The New Mafia Waiting List Thread (now with 100% more democracy!)

46 minutes ago, Azazel said:

What's the rule to changing a game on the list?  I have my Godzilla idea set, but I got a great idea for a Futurama Themed mafia... can I just change the one I have signed up for?

Yup, went ahead and switched it for you.  Is the Futurama game ready to go or do you want to hold off on that?

Actually, you know what? Switch The Grand Experiment Out for Homestar Runner Mafia. It’s gonna be a wild freak-out bastardization of mafia.

This is in direct response to the fact that it seems most people don’t have any interest in actually playing mafia, so much as just signing up and using abilities. So, screw it, let’s just do a great big power fest with lots of bells and whistles.

25 minutes ago, Anjosha Baker said:

Actually, you know what? Switch The Grand Experiment Out for Homestar Runner Mafia. It’s gonna be a wild freak-out bastardization of mafia.

This is in direct response to the fact that it seems most people don’t have any interest in actually playing mafia, so much as just signing up and using abilities. So, screw it, let’s just do a great big power fest with lots of bells and whistles.

That's kinda what my game is. It may last two days. Should be fun. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Anjosha Baker said:

BUT. I beg of all of y’all. Start making these day phases muuuuuch shorter and everybody stop talking things to death and just vote!

Yeah. I insituted a day per required vote system and it took way too long. If I ever run another game, it'll be cut down by half at least.

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Can I start after Thanksgiving?  Got my parents in town this week, and I’d get it going next week but figure people will be busy 

that's cool with me.  if there's enough interest we can open up a poll game in the meantime, but since interest seems to have died down maybe its not a bad idea to take a little rest and start the next game after thanksgiving anyway

11 minutes ago, Sir C-MILes Headlock said:

Yeah. I insituted a day per required vote system and it took way too long. If I ever run another game, it'll be cut down by half at least.

I would love to see us universally adopt a 72 Hour day period rule. You really don’t need any more than that. Especially if you’re not being overly-serious about it, which a lot of people presently are.

• Like 2

I also support the idea of less waiting for things to happen and trying to move forward.  My philosophy is its just a game and as much as I am going to try to win it, the end result is either you win or lose and move onto a new game.  Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm horribly wrong, but I would rather games take a little less time so more people get a chance to run games.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alright, now that the holiday season is winding down, I figured I'd open up whether we want to start running two games at a time again.  The next game is gonna be a poll game, and I was thinking now would be a good time to start that poll if we're gonna have two games running as it would probably get started after New Year's.

• Like 1