Razor's EWR: May 2017 (real world update)

Hello folks. I have put together an alternative EWR real world update. I've recently came back to EWR after a prolonged hiatus.

This update is based off of @jmac7164's and I shall be using suggestions from these forums along with my own edits for future updates. I will not be releasing a full changelist, but in this first update I've altered a few promotions names and a lot of event names, tried to update the title holders as best as possible and added a fair few little known indy wrestlers. This time around I didn't have enough time to incorporate a whole lot of changes, but as the months go by I hope that my data will branch off enough to justify having more than one real world update.

I appreciate any suggestions and will consider every one. I don't watch a lot of wrestling these days so I could particularly do with help concerning things like roster changers, new signings and releases for each promotion.

Razor's EWR: May 2017 .rar @ https://www.mediafire.com/?55qa6rjpcy5iz3i

Razor's EWR: May 2017 .zip @ https://www.mediafire.com/?u5ceokc9cpn1xio

Edited by Razor's Edge
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Creator said:

Since other thread is locked I just wanted to say that since last 2 updates all salaries were raised like double or more so in real life mod now 60% promotions go bankrupt in first year...

Any thing on this? I've not noticed it myself, but I'm not the most fiscal player.

15 hours ago, Rocky said:

Any thing on this? I've not noticed it myself, but I'm not the most fiscal player.

What I’m considering doing is having set salary scaling for different overness levels. For example, Overness 0-10 will be set to $A, Overness 11-20 will be set to $B, Overness 21-30 will be set to $C, and so on. On top of this I’ll then factor in who is employed where, with bigger promotions paying more than the general going rate etc. Other factors which could then lower these salary levels would be Unemployed workers, foreign workers and older workers.

Example A./ If you have a 65 overness guy with WWE on $50,000, does it make sense for an unemployed 65 overness guy to also be on $50,000? He’d be pricing himself out of work with most of the top indy promotions most likely.

Example B./ I am considering lowering the salary demands of Mexican and overseas workers. This may make it possible to employ a foreign worker for a lot cheaper than a similar quality North American worker.

Example C./ Old workers like Shawn Michaels, to me it doesn’t make sense now for him to be asking for the same salary as current top Main Event guys in WWE. Yes he’s very over but at the same time he isn’t capable of carrying a promotion like the old days.

Edited by Razor's Edge

13 minutes ago, bigworm said:

Where is CM Punk and allot of a other wrestlers ?? it likes that allot is removed i think if you want to play a ewr save game sometimes you can use your imagination.

Appreciate the work though !!

You mean a lot of wrestlers who've left the business and don't look to be coming back any time soon? My intentions are to focus on current rosters and other upcoming talent employed by promotions who aren't in the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Razor's Edge said:

You mean a lot of wrestlers who've left the business and don't look to be coming back any time soon? My intentions are to focus on current rosters and other upcoming talent employed by promotions who aren't in the game.

Ewr was fun of the imagnation you can use on your save game.

I saw last month goldberg was wrestling wrestlemania and all other years he was not into wrestling anymore till it happend this year.

And thats one example of the millions wrestlers that said there were done with the buisness.

Question: If I wanted to redo the overness for WWE, how would you recommend I do that to reflect the brand split? For example Jinder Mahal was a lower midcarder but now he's competing for the WWE Championship at Backlash. Also most of the Cruiserweights are lower midcarders who in reality should be higher up in the cards since the Cruiserweight division is a big part of Monday Night RAW, especially with them having their own show in 205 Live.

7 hours ago, Razor1124 said:

Question: If I wanted to redo the overness for WWE, how would you recommend I do that to reflect the brand split? For example Jinder Mahal was a lower midcarder but now he's competing for the WWE Championship at Backlash. Also most of the Cruiserweights are lower midcarders who in reality should be higher up in the cards since the Cruiserweight division is a big part of Monday Night RAW, especially with them having their own show in 205 Live.

Base it around the title image. Not card overness. In WWE a Main Event is seen as 90+ Overness (cit) The WWE title is at 92 in image. So an Upper midcarder can hold it without making the title look less important. If someone like Jinder Mahal was to hold it, would he make the title seem more or less important? Realistically, It wouldn't look too strong coming from where Jinder Mahal jumped up from. but to make him seem like a legitimate contender he'd need to be pushed into Upper midcard position so the match doesn't lower the image. I'd put Jinder at a lower Upper midcard position which would be a low 80 Overness.
With other workers, compare them to whichever level belt you feel best suits them and work from that.

That's how I work out my changes anyway.

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 14:28, Razor's Edge said:

Example B./ I am considering lowering the salary demands of Mexican and overseas workers. This may make it possible to employ a foreign worker for a lot cheaper than a similar quality North American worker

I'm curious about the rationale for this - why would a foreign worker work cheaper than a North American wrestler of similar stats/overness? Would it not be more realistic to make them slightly more expensive, to represent that you're booking them from outside the country, to try and factor in transport/relocation costs?

• Like 3