EWR worker potential

In EWR, does worker potential get set somehow?

Like if I made 2 new workers in the file editor, say Eddie Edwards (really good) and Giant Gonzalez (really awful) - is there anyway to set it so Edwards has a ton of potential and Gonzalez does not other than just their starting stats?

There isn't like a potential stat or anything is there?

IIRC I think there is a potential stat, but it's hidden and randomly generated. I might be making that up, but I remember there always being talk of hidden stats.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure it's hidden somewhere in the code.  There also seems to be some unwritten rules to it too; like I think Japanese workers get a bonus in certain potential stats (because they are waaaay more patient to sit in developmental forever, lol).  But nobody has ever been able to tap into it.  Long ago someone spread out most of the code and was able to figure out most of the stats, but there was still a bunch that were a mystery and edits couldn't produce immediate results so they remained unidentified.

It's too bad that EWR is so old and won't be updated by its creator (for obvious reasons); because nobody has the patience/motivation to dig around such an old game's code when only a few people will benefit from it.