Chris Cornell is dead.

GoGo Yubari

I'm shocked its being reported as suicide. He always looks so happy in pics with his kids on Facebook or whatever and like people have said, he has been tearing it up performing his whole career literally up till last night.

I felt the sadness when Prince and Bowie passed but this is on a whole different level. I echo Tristy in saying you know inevitably it'll happen on some level but this is such a shock out of nowhere. It's selfish as hell but I'm so glad I got to see him live. Feel so bad for his wife and kids as well. Just at a total loss today.

8 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I'm shocked its being reported as suicide. He always looks so happy in pics with his kids on Facebook or whatever and like people have said, he has been tearing it up performing his whole career literally up till last night.

Probably preaching to the choir with y'all, but this reminded me of one of my favourite (if you can call it that) adverts ever.

• Like 4

Ach I know rationally what you say is correct it's just your immediate reaction is doubt and stuff.

Been listening to him on Spotify and just came across a French version of Can't Change Me and it's unreal how well it works. Like, it's Cornell singing in French and it still sounds good. The guy was incredible.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Benji said:

Probably preaching to the choir with y'all, but this reminded me of one of my favourite (if you can call it that) adverts ever.

That makes me think that the little old dears that say hello when I'm walking the dog are doing their little bit to make the world a nicer place :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaney said:

Ach I know rationally what you say is correct it's just your immediate reaction is doubt and stuff.

Been listening to him on Spotify and just came across a French version of Can't Change Me and it's unreal how well it works. Like, it's Cornell singing in French and it still sounds good. The guy was incredible.

Oh yeah, that version is amazing. I think I actually prefer it to the original.

9 minutes ago, Benji said:

Oh yeah, that version is amazing. I think I actually prefer it to the original.

I thought that one was a bonus track on Euphoria Morning? Can't quite remember.

Anyway, easily one of my favourite singers of all time, and a guy I inextricably link with my childhood. RIP.

I was never a huge fan but there is one song I love that just hits me right. It reminds me of being at the nice house my parents used to own because it was always on the radio when I'd swim.

11 hours ago, GA! said:

Fffffuuuuccckkk. Loved Soundgarden, loved Audioslave, even liked that weird Timbaland album he did (shut up). Bit gutted tbh.

I forgot about that album. I really liked that album and Scream was a song I fucking loved. 

1 minute ago, New Year New Srar! said:

This is so hard to deal with :( I can't imagine being so low that I would leave my kids behind. I don't blame him I just can't imagine it

Same here. Imagine how bad it must have been for him if he is willing to leave his kids and wife behind? Its a fucking Greek tragedy. 

46 minutes ago, MDK said:

Poor fucker. Its not the easy way out, it takes bollocks to do it. I'm legit broke up about this.

Same, I feel like I've been in quite a daze today whilst out and about (more so than usual I mean!). It is just awful, and so tragic that he chose to end his life, all alone in a random hotel room. I cannot even begin to fathom what his wife and kids are going through, I believe all his children are teenagers or pre-teens.

R.I.P. Chris Cornell. I'm shocked and saddened. Soundgarden was one of my favorite bands and I followed him through his solo work, Audioslave and his return to Soundgarden. He had such a powerful voice and once again was a family man. Why do the good people have to go young while assholes continue to live? I'm stunned that it was suicide, my thoughts are with his family and his band mates :crying:

Just now, Adam said:

Same, I feel like I've been in quite a daze today whilst out and about (more so than usual I mean!). It is just awful, and so tragic that he chose to end his life, all alone in a random hotel room. I cannot even begin to fathom what his wife and kids are going through, I believe all his children are teenagers or pre-teens.

Normally celeb or music deaths don't really phase me but this one got me by the jewels. I'm not even a massive Soundgarden fan but I fucking loved off Audioslave. So many times I've been in my mates motor and he is like "Ah, stick on that song... you know, the one with the wicked intro? Yeah, that one with the drums?!". Then I hear he has offed himself? Mate, it really did me in. 

Just now, MDK said:

Normally celeb or music deaths don't really phase me but this one got me by the jewels. I'm not even a massive Soundgarden fan but I fucking loved off Audioslave. So many times I've been in my mates motor and he is like "Ah, stick on that song... you know, the one with the wicked intro? Yeah, that one with the drums?!". Then I hear he has offed himself? Mate, it really did me in. 

Yep, I know it sounds cliche and typical when these famous folk die but his music, his bands, really mean a lot to me and have been a big part of growing up. Some of Soundgarden / Audioslave's songs really speak to me, I've just listened to "What You Are" which I listened to an awful lot after my first ever break-up, and "Show Me How to Live" and its lyrics are something I mull over frequently when struggling with my mental health issues. The fact he has died is bad enough, but to find out that he committed suicide is really heartbreaking and I just know I'm going to be down for days now.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Yep, I know it sounds cliche and typical when these famous folk die but his music, his bands, really mean a lot to me and have been a big part of growing up. Some of Soundgarden / Audioslave's songs really speak to me, I've just listened to "What You Are" which I listened to an awful lot after my first ever break-up, and "Show Me How to Live" and its lyrics are something I mull over frequently when struggling with my mental health issues. The fact he has died is bad enough, but to find out that he committed suicide is really heartbreaking and I just know I'm going to be down for days now.

Yeah, I'm having trouble with that.. 

Funny that, I also remember listening to the first Audioslave album after a breakup. I'd get upset a bit but as soon as Hypnotise came on it shook me out of my misery. 

• Like 1