Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoGo Yubari

Chris Cornell is dead.

67 posts in this topic

By hanging apparently, so yeah, suicide unless he got caught up in some auto-asphyxiation stuff. Horrible :(

I was never a huge fan but there is one song I love that just hits me right. It reminds me of being at the nice house my parents used to own because it was always on the radio when I'd swim.

Poor fucker. Its not the easy way out, it takes bollocks to do it. I'm legit broke up about this.

This is so hard to deal with :( I can't imagine being so low that I would leave my kids behind. I don't blame him I just can't imagine it

11 hours ago, GA! said:

Fffffuuuuccckkk. Loved Soundgarden, loved Audioslave, even liked that weird Timbaland album he did (shut up). Bit gutted tbh.

I forgot about that album. I really liked that album and Scream was a song I fucking loved. 

1 minute ago, New Year New Srar! said:

This is so hard to deal with :( I can't imagine being so low that I would leave my kids behind. I don't blame him I just can't imagine it

Same here. Imagine how bad it must have been for him if he is willing to leave his kids and wife behind? Its a fucking Greek tragedy. 

46 minutes ago, MDK said:

Poor fucker. Its not the easy way out, it takes bollocks to do it. I'm legit broke up about this.

Same, I feel like I've been in quite a daze today whilst out and about (more so than usual I mean!). It is just awful, and so tragic that he chose to end his life, all alone in a random hotel room. I cannot even begin to fathom what his wife and kids are going through, I believe all his children are teenagers or pre-teens.

R.I.P. Chris Cornell. I'm shocked and saddened. Soundgarden was one of my favorite bands and I followed him through his solo work, Audioslave and his return to Soundgarden. He had such a powerful voice and once again was a family man. Why do the good people have to go young while assholes continue to live? I'm stunned that it was suicide, my thoughts are with his family and his band mates :crying:

Just now, Adam said:

Same, I feel like I've been in quite a daze today whilst out and about (more so than usual I mean!). It is just awful, and so tragic that he chose to end his life, all alone in a random hotel room. I cannot even begin to fathom what his wife and kids are going through, I believe all his children are teenagers or pre-teens.

Normally celeb or music deaths don't really phase me but this one got me by the jewels. I'm not even a massive Soundgarden fan but I fucking loved off Audioslave. So many times I've been in my mates motor and he is like "Ah, stick on that song... you know, the one with the wicked intro? Yeah, that one with the drums?!". Then I hear he has offed himself? Mate, it really did me in. 

Just now, MDK said:

Normally celeb or music deaths don't really phase me but this one got me by the jewels. I'm not even a massive Soundgarden fan but I fucking loved off Audioslave. So many times I've been in my mates motor and he is like "Ah, stick on that song... you know, the one with the wicked intro? Yeah, that one with the drums?!". Then I hear he has offed himself? Mate, it really did me in. 

Yep, I know it sounds cliche and typical when these famous folk die but his music, his bands, really mean a lot to me and have been a big part of growing up. Some of Soundgarden / Audioslave's songs really speak to me, I've just listened to "What You Are" which I listened to an awful lot after my first ever break-up, and "Show Me How to Live" and its lyrics are something I mull over frequently when struggling with my mental health issues. The fact he has died is bad enough, but to find out that he committed suicide is really heartbreaking and I just know I'm going to be down for days now.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Yep, I know it sounds cliche and typical when these famous folk die but his music, his bands, really mean a lot to me and have been a big part of growing up. Some of Soundgarden / Audioslave's songs really speak to me, I've just listened to "What You Are" which I listened to an awful lot after my first ever break-up, and "Show Me How to Live" and its lyrics are something I mull over frequently when struggling with my mental health issues. The fact he has died is bad enough, but to find out that he committed suicide is really heartbreaking and I just know I'm going to be down for days now.

Yeah, I'm having trouble with that.. 

Funny that, I also remember listening to the first Audioslave album after a breakup. I'd get upset a bit but as soon as Hypnotise came on it shook me out of my misery. 

1 person likes this

4 people like this

Heartbroken. I grew up on Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, and Alice in Chains, and all three lead vocalists are now gone. Cornell had such a great, unique voice. I'm so glad I got to see Audioslave years ago, even if I was a much bigger Soundgarden fan. Just seeing him perform was incredible.

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty gutted....I wasn't aware of Soundgarden, when they were in their prime, I was more into Audioslave, but I have since got into Soundgarden since their subsequent reunion. Saw them back in 2012 when they headlined a festival in Australia, and then went to their sideshow on the same tour so I wasn't stuck with a festival set.

When I started playing guitar back in 2007, as a 19 year old, one of the first songs I wanted to learn was his cover of Billie Jean from the Unplugged Session in Sweden,even though the picking was way over my head, and the chord shapes. I ended up watching him do an acoustic show at the Sydney Opera House, which is one of my all time favourite gigs. Two things that stand out is him coming on stage at the start of the show and saying how great it was to play in a place that does not smell like piss. The other was him introducing a song, by saying it was originally written for a piano, but since there was no piano on stage, he had to play the backing track on vinyl, so he can't move around otherwise it will jump. He then went on to sing what is probably now my favourite song of his, which tbh nearly brought me to tears that night.

Edited by db07

The last song Soundgarden played was "In My Time Of Dying", a Led Zeppelin cover. It wasn't unusual for them to cover this, but in hindsight..

In my time of dying, I want nobody to mourn
All I want for you to do is take my body home

Oh, I did somebody some good
Somebody some good
Oh, did somebody some good
I must have did somebody some good
Oh, I believe I did
I see the smiling faces
I know I must have left some traces
And I see them in the streets
And I see them in the field
And I hear them shouting under my feet
And I know it's got to be real
Oh, Lord, deliver me
All the wrong I've done
You can deliver me, Lord
I only wanted to have some fun
Hear the angels marching, hear them marching, hear them marching

1 person likes this

Just realised I've only ever actually heard four of this guy's songs. Those being Rusty Cage (cause it was on GTA), Black Hole Sun (cause it was on Guitar Hero or Rock Band), Original Fire (cause a Belgian sent it to me once) and the James Bond one (cause it was on James Bond). Odd, given how famous he & Soundgarden are.

So I made amends and had a listen to Superunknown because it seems to be the most famous one. I thought it was very good.

Sad news.

His family disputes the coroner's report. In a statement they say that if he commited suicide " he did not know what he was doing, and that drugs or other substances may have affected his actions. Without the results of toxicology tests, we do not know what was going on with Chris—or if any substances contributed to his demise.”. They also say that he could've taken a high dose of the anti-anxiety drug Ativan (for which he had a legal pescription) and that there is medical literature that "indicates that Ativan can cause paranoid or suicidal thoughts, slurred speech and impaired judgment.”

In a different statement his wife says that she talkd to him before the show and that they were making plans for a vacation over Memorial Day amongst other things. She also says that when they spoke after the show he was different and slurring his lines and that he said he may have taken an extra Ativan or two.

Source: MetalSucks.net

I know the jury is still out on the Timbaland album but I really love this choon.

1 person likes this