I like that damage as a whole has been reduced/health has been increased. The series suffered a lot of short matches because the health bars got depleted so fast. Wasn't anything particularly bad, just made things a bit less interesting, and rage arts have filled the gap for the difference very nicely.

38 minutes ago, Walker said:

Don't think I'm ready for online yet. Would get my arse handed to me.

Need to pick a character and perfect it.

Psh, fuck that, suck up the losses like I did :lol: Just beware, the ranked matchmaking is a bit shit at the moment, tournament mode works best.

3 hours ago, Benji said:

I like that damage as a whole has been reduced/health has been increased. The series suffered a lot of short matches because the health bars got depleted so fast. Wasn't anything particularly bad, just made things a bit less interesting, and rage arts have filled the gap for the difference very nicely.

Well, yes and no. Damage is pretty much the same as Tekken 6 but with one difference. When you juggle someone in the air and combo them, it applies a damage damage scaling based on the launcher. It's basically 100-80-80-60-60 and so on the longer the combo goes. If both fighters stay on the ground it stays at 100-100-100 though. It just feels like health has been increased because Tag Tournament games always have halved health to account for two fighters.... I used to be in the competitive scene and am trying to get back into it, so learning these things is useful for me. (H)

Also, PSN is Deidara1026 for people who ever wanna go a round or two. As long as I'm not busy I'm happy to get the practice in.

I always enjoyed Tekken, the silly cutscenes and stories were always fun to go through but I don't think I could justify dropping full price on it. I loved Hwoarang, is he still around?

5 hours ago, Kaney said:

I always enjoyed Tekken, the silly cutscenes and stories were always fun to go through but I don't think I could justify dropping full price on it. I loved Hwoarang, is he still around?

Yes, he is actually! While several characters didn't return, Hwaorang did.

Special Chapter

Spoiler

How the fuck are you supposed to do it?

I keep getting Akuma to one bar of health and he just hits his special and I lose automatically.

Re: Walker

Spoiler

Play defensively. If you play offensively, Akuma will just phase through you and punish. You need to punish him by either hitting when he goes to strike or right after he strikes and is still in recovery frames. And when he goes for the triple hadouken at a distance, punish with Devil Beam since it lifts you into the air.

Not sure how much longevity I'll get out of this, but it's fun so far. First Tekken game I've played since...3, maybe?  

I've kitted King out as Okada King, and Bob in a Bullet Club T-shirt, because he looks like someone who would wear a Bullet Club T-shirt.

I don't know who half these characters are, and I still suck. I'd get wrecked if I played online. Working my way through the story mode, not really knowing what the hell's going on, and had a couple of rounds of Treasure Battle to get my rank up and unlock some silly glasses.

Are there unlockable characters in this, or is it just the stuff you can buy with the in-game currency? It feels like a really small line-up of fighters. If there are, don't tell me who they are, just yes or no!

Longevity-wise, this is probably going to depend on how often I have people round for local multiplayer, as I can't see myself playing online all that much.

On 6/4/2017 at 19:41, Sean O'Game said:

Re: Walker

Hide contents

Play defensively. If you play offensively, Akuma will just phase through you and punish. You need to punish him by either hitting when he goes to strike or right after he strikes and is still in recovery frames. And when he goes for the triple hadouken at a distance, punish with Devil Beam since it lifts you into the air.

Spoiler

That wasn't really the issue. The issue is I win the fight and then regardless of my health at the end Akuma hits his special and I lose.

I haven't attempted since Sunday and Benji has told me what I need to do so I'll see if it works.

• 6 years later...