Favourite joke?

Liam

Can't think of a better way to phrase this, but rather than your favourite comedian, what is your favourite comedian joke, or at least overall segment of a comedian?

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=K7CnMQ4L9Pc

This is my example - Stewart Lee on Top Gear. Might not be the whole thing on this clip, but saw him live doing this and it cracked me up.

• Like 2

I love most of John Mulaney's jokes, but seeing him live, one sticks out in particular. This woman in the front row left to go to the bathroom about two minutes into the show. So Mulaney makes a joke about this, yada yada, she goes to the bathroom. While she's in the bathroom, he tells us that at some point in the show, he'll yell out "and you know what they say in Toronto..." and we'll all yell "WE! LOVE! WAFFLES!".

So we did it, all at the expense of one woman who needed to go to the washroom. I don't know if it's as funny to someone who wasn't there, but it was hilarious at the time. 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Adam said:

Reg D. Hunter's "to conquer fear" monologue is probably my favourite bit by a stand-up comedian. It ends up being about Josef Fritzl, for anyone who hasn't seen it.

That one was amazing, I've forgotten what my answer was going to be because it's now this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liam said:

Can't think of a better way to phrase this, but rather than your favourite comedian, what is your favourite comedian joke, or at least overall segment of a comedian?

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=K7CnMQ4L9Pc

This is my example - Stewart Lee on Top Gear. Might not be the whole thing on this clip, but saw him live doing this and it cracked me up.

I saw that tour too, outstanding, I just like the fact you've got a 14 minute routine as your favourite joke. I went to see Stewart Francis a week later in the same venue and he must have done about 300 jokes in the same length of time...

Mitch Hedberg and Bill Hicks. Two completely different kinds of comedy, but I love both. 

I think I was ten years old the first time I heard Hicks' "What'cha reading for?" anecdote and it hit home with me, because the town in the joke is pretty much exactly how my hometown was.

44 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Mitch Hedberg and Bill Hicks. Two completely different kinds of comedy, but I love both. 

I think I was ten years old the first time I heard Hicks' "What'cha reading for?" anecdote and it hit home with me, because the town in the joke is pretty much exactly how my hometown was.

That is amazing.

Side note, I've noticed "Why are you reading?" decreased  as a question I get asked when I started reading on an E-reader or tablet instead of paper.

• Like 1

Not sure I have a particular joke as a favourite, but Jim Jeffries - Gun Control joke always comes to mind.

As previously mentioned, anything Mitch Hedberg is great. I love John Mulaney but recently I've been listening to Chad Daniels and thoroughly enjoying it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HarshMillennium said:

Jim Jeffries story about how he took his son for vaccinations and thought he made him autistic. It's long but hilarious all the way through.

The one about taking his friend in a wheelchair to a brothel is also superb. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, db07 said:

The one about taking his friend in a wheelchair to a brothel is also superb. 

I quite like the one about him going to Amsterdam and going to a sex shop.