E3 2017

GoGo Yubari

Hello, darlings. It's happening again. I'm not as organized an E3 thread-starter as Ellis was but it feels like we should have this up by now, right? Especially since the first presentation is two fucking days from now, because they've expanded the damn thing to Saturday.

So this is your presentation schedule:

Saturday:

EA (12pm PST/3pm EST/8pm UK)

Sunday:

Microsoft (2pm PST/5pm EST/10pm UK)

Bethesda (9pm PST/midnight EST/5am UK)

Monday:

Ubisoft (1pm PST/4pm EST/9pm UK)

Sony (6pm PST/9pm EST/2am UK)

Tuesday:

Nintendo (9am PST/12pm EST/5pm UK)

I imagine it'll all be on YouTube and not that hard to find, but I'll probably try to link to streams before they start. Anyone got anything they're looking forward to? Anyone got any guesses as to what horrible things the Ubisoft conference will unleash this year?

Rooster Teeth is streaming from E3 June 10th - 15th. Live interviews with devs, live podcasts (The Know / Rooster Teeth Podcast / etc etc), gameplay videos and trailers, all that stuff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Broken Cloudy said:

Rooster Teeth is streaming from E3 June 10th - 15th. Live interviews with devs, live podcasts (The Know / Rooster Teeth Podcast / etc etc), gameplay videos and trailers, all that stuff.

Funhaus are doing a drinking game again this year. Which is going to be interesting considering at least three of them were blackout drunk during last years.

3 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Bioware got anything in the pipeline?

A game similar to The Division from what I've heard?

ANd it looks like out of all the conferences I usually watch, the only one I will miss is Ubisoft. No big loss there, I think.

What's expected to be on the EA one aside from Fifa 18: Ronaldo and other sports titles? 

I did see a trailer for the new NFS last week so more on that would be nice. Read that it's open world but if it's as empty an open world as their last offering, there's no point.

3 hours ago, Ruki said:

A game similar to The Division from what I've heard?

ANd it looks like out of all the conferences I usually watch, the only one I will miss is Ubisoft. No big loss there, I think.

What?! Ubisoft is like the best one! #girlwood

• Like 1

A thing I'd like from the presentations:

EA: Details on the Amy Hennig Star Wars game beyond "Amy Hennig's making a Star Wars game!" A name, a basic premise, stuff like that.

Sony: More stuff about that Spider-Man game! Beyond that I don't really know, Sony's generally for hype trailers for stuff that doesn't come out until years later. Maybe something that makes Days Gone seem more interesting  than just being another zombie game?

Nintendo: Something Smash Bros. Anything Smash Bros. A Smash 4 port, Melee HD, basically anything.

Microsoft: WHEN THE FUCK IS CUPHEAD COMING OUT, I WANT IT, I'VE WANTED IT FOR YEARS

Ubisoft: Something truly garish and hideous. An all-redneck cultist dance number to promote Far Cry 5 would be peak Ubisoft, or maybe something childhood-destroying for Mario + Rabbids.

I'm just going to go into Nintendo's conference expecting absolutely nothing - the way that the community is right now, no matter what happens, I don't think anyone is going to be happy about what comes out of it so I'm just going to expect them literally standing there on stage doing nothing at all for 30 minutes and go from there.

I want, at the very least, a tease about the next Elder Scrolls game from Bethesda's presentation.

Instead I expect we will see them continue to talk about Skyrim.

The only things that would really get me jazzed this year are news from SpikeChunsoft about Fire Pro World on the PS4 or news about a new wrestling game. Maybe I'm just jaded right now and not super interested in what's coming (or maybe I'm just suffering from lack of enthusiasm because I still haven't been able to afford a large chunk of games I've been wanting to play - Injustice, I'm looking at you)... but I'm just not all that excited about what's coming up in the immediate future. Battlefront 2 is going to be good, but even though I'm a huge Star Wars nerd and they fixed the issues that I had with the first game, I just don't care. I'll probably pick it up at some point in the future, but Fire Pro World is the only game that I'm really pushing to get right at launch.

I would like to hear more about The Last of Us 2 though, and find out more info about the story in Red Dead 2.