E3 2017

GoGo Yubari

Spider-Man game looks great. Detroit could be good but I'm gonna wait on reviews. Uncharted will be a good sale buy someday.

But Jesus, I feel so fucking bad for the people who actually went to this conference. The only way Sony could have half-assed it more is if they didn't have those musicians at the start.

Spiderman looked worryingly heavy on the quick-time events. I hope there's enough "proper" gameplay too.

I thought that there were several good-looking games there, but I can't see why a live conference was necessary. It was the sort of thing that was tailor-made for the kind of pre-recorded showcase Nintendo has been doing over the last few years.

12 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I may be biased because it's the only system I own but I think Xbox had the best showing and it's not really that close

I think Microsoft and Ubisoft had really strong shows, EA was alright, and both Bethesda and Sony were bad in drastically different ways. Bethesda didn't have that much to announce but had novel ideas for how to announce it. Sony had an alright amount of stuff to show, albeit a lot of it being stuff that they gave first looks to last year, but didn't fucking try at all.

Honestly, I like hearing game devs talk about their games, and pitching you on what's cool about them. It's the human element. It's that adorable twee guy who made Unravel, it's the badass dude with the cane who made For Honor, it's the cocky slickster guy making A Way Out, it's Michel Ansel trying not to cry because the sequel he's been promising will come out someday is finally coming out. This was lazy and impersonal and I hate it way more than I could ever hate even the cringiest Ubisoft or Nintendo demonstration in years past.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Baddar said:

So what happened with Days Gone then? The first trailer looked great. Did they show more gameplay and it isn't very good, or?

If you liked the first trailer you'd probably like what they showed here. I feel like the people who are down on it, like myself, are down on it for "no more zombie apocalypse games" reasons.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Apsham said:

The art style for Mario and the kingdom in that game is pretty top notch as well. Pretty cool that Nintendo is breaking out of its shell to work more closely with other developers like this - it's a good sign.

Right? It looks really good, and I've done a complete 180 on the idea of a Mario and Rabbids game. And it's out in 2 months!

11 hours ago, Tyrone said:

Spider-Man!

FTFY 

Looks awesome, Insomniac are great when it comes to a tounge in cheek take the piss hero so I'm sure they'll have that covered. Looks very heavily influenced by the Arkham games, which isn't a criticism.