Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

5 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

That was absolutely not a penalty. Stupid by Lovren to even put his hands on him, but not a shove at all

He pushed his hands away from his body and made contact with the player. It was soft, but it is a penalty. It is awful play by the defender - any contact there was likely to cause an issue.

Lovren is prone to doing stupid things like that.

Should've killed the game but it's hard to do that when Everton are all literally playing inside their own box for most of the game. Robertson played well, Gomez played really well. Salah had Martinez on toast. 

It's nice to see Ings back and Solanke did alright.

Are Liverpool fans happy with your centre backs? Matip is good and Gomez is who you should be building your defence around, but looking at the three you've let leave in the last 18 months or so, if you still had Skrtel, Toure and Sakho instead of Klaven and Lovren you'd be much stronger.

I don't really think any of the players you mentioned would add much bar options. Skrtel and Sakho come with issues not dissimilar to what you get with Matip and Lovren (Sakho comes with bonus attitude problems). Toure is maybe a bit too north of 30.

The one thing I do think is that CB is not just Liverpool's problem. It's not a position where there are many options out there.  Same with goalkeepers really.

Frustrating half to watch. We've allowed them to just dictate everything, no real press put on them, and then long balls towards an isolated Lukaku. We go behind, decide to play for 5mins and force a mistake and score. If we play the 2nd half like we actually want to fucking win the derby we might have half a chance. 

2 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

That was absolutely not a penalty. Stupid by Lovren to even put his hands on him, but not a shove at all

Of course it's a penalty, he puts both hands on him and knocks him over. Penalty all day long.

Happy with the point considering I was expecting a drubbing. Klopp's team selection did nothing for my Fantasy chances this week.

22 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Oh well, playing for 2nd in the league now I feel.

I think it's more likely that you'll get 2nd. I think you're slightly better than Chelsea but City are on another level. They're not only blowing teams away but they've dug in deep to get in points in some of their past few games. 

I think 3rd and 4th are wide open though. Us, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham are going to be in a mini league I feel for two champions league spaces. We've lost the 2nd least amount of games but we have the 2nd most draws in the league and a defence that is prone to errors, Chelsea are throwing away silly points in games, Arsenal's away form is poor and Tottenham some of their players need to step up in games against the smaller teams. 

• Admin

Police officers and stewards had to separate up to 20 players and members of staff from Manchester United and City after an extraordinary bust-up in which bottles and punches were thrown and Mikel Arteta, one of Pep Guardiola’s assistants, was left with blood streaming down his face.

Arteta’s eyebrow was split open during a melee in a narrow corridor outside City’s dressing room and there were unconfirmed reports that another member of Guardiola’s backroom staff needed medical treatment after a confrontation sparked by José Mourinho apparently telling the victorious players to keep their music down.

Mourinho became embroiled in a row with Ederson, City’s Brazilian goalkeeper, who was standing just inside the dressing-room door and the two started shouting insults at one another in Portuguese. Mourinho is said to have accused Ederson of play-acting to waste time and then reverted to English, screaming “you fucking show respect. Who are you?”

Other players became involved and Romelu Lukaku was said to be prominently involved as the confrontation escalated into something much more serious, described by one person on the scene as being reminiscent of a pub fight. Early accounts indicate it was a much more serious incident than the infamous “Battle of the Buffet” in 2004 when Arsenal were the opponents and Sir Alex Ferguson was hit by flying pizza slices.

There were also reports that Mourinho was struck by a plastic bottle, as well as being squirted with milk, although that has not been confirmed and the Guardian has been told he escaped lightly despite being in the middle of it. Once everything had calmed down, Mourinho went into the referee’s room to voice his complaints to Michael Oliver about the incident when Ander Herrera was booked for going down under a challenge from Nicolas Otamendi in the penalty area.

Mourinho then emerged to do his television interviews and there was no sign of him needing to dry off. He did not make any reference to what had happened during all his media work.

Arteta, meanwhile, was being assessed in the City dressing room after being caught in the crossfire. United’s players are understood to feel like the noise from the away dressing room was provocatively loud and, with the door continually being opened, Mourinho appears to have been asking more respect to be shown to the losing team.

As the confrontation escalated, Sergio Aguero and Bernardo Silva were caught on the outside looking in, having not been inside the dressing room when it started. However, other City players were clearly incensed by Mourinho’s behaviour and the fact that several players, most notably Lukaku, had become involved. There are always two police officers in the Old Trafford tunnel after games and eventually they helped to restore peace.

• Haha 1