Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

Not everyone is to everyone's taste though, so I understand where MadJack is coming from. You can be winning trophies but if you're stuck watching turgid, uninteresting football every week then you can grow to be disgruntled with it. The point of football is absolutely to win games and therefore trophies, but we all spend so much time watching and supporting our football teams that we like to be entertained and kept captivated too.

32 minutes ago, Los IngobernAdam de Japon said:

Not everyone is to everyone's taste though, so I understand where MadJack is coming from. You can be winning trophies but if you're stuck watching turgid, uninteresting football every week then you can grow to be disgruntled with it. The point of football is absolutely to win games and therefore trophies, but we all spend so much time watching and supporting our football teams that we like to be entertained and kept captivated too.

I think the teams have a duty to entertain as well. 

• Like 3

Jose is a tactical pragmatist. If you wanted fast, free-flowing attacking football regardless of opposition, you appointed the wrong guy.

• Admin

The West Ham defender Arthur Masuaku has been banned for six games by the Football Association for spitting at the Wigan midfielder Nick Powell.

The Hammers left-back apologised after being sent off during Saturday’s 2-0 FA Cup defeat to the League One side on Saturday.

The FA’s website published an updated suspension list on Monday with Masuaku scheduled to be out of action until 10 March. He will therefore miss Tuesday’s Premier League game against Crystal Palace, then fixtures versus Brighton, Watford, Liverpool, Swansea and Burnley.

The West Ham manager, David Moyes, offered no excuses for Masuaku’s conduct, calling the spit “despicable” and suggesting that the club would offer their own punishment, in addition to the FA suspension.

Masuaku apologised via a statement on the West Ham official website on Sunday.

“I want to say sorry for my actions on Saturday,” he said. “I let down my team-mates, the manager, coaches, board and the fans.

“I am very sad because the manager and coaches have put a lot of faith in me but I will work very hard to try and win that back. It was in the heat of the moment and out of character for me. I know it was totally unacceptable and I will learn from the first red card of my career.”

Masuaku’s suspension only adds to West Ham’s personnel crisis. Pedro Obiang suffered a knee injury during the game against Wigan, a game for which Moyes was already without nine first-team players.

Reece Oxford, who could have returned to Borussia Mönchengladbach on loan, may now be retained as the club look for reinforcements in the last few days of the January transfer window.

• Admin

The former Premier League referee Paul Alcock has died at the age of 64 after a battle with cancer.

The official was thrust into the spotlight when Sheffield Wednesday’s Paolo Di Canio pushed him over having been shown a red card against Arsenal at Hillsborough in 1998.

It was one of 94 top-flight matches that Alcock took charge of between 1995 and 2000.

The Professional Game Match Officials Limited managing director, Mike Riley, said: “We knew that Paul had been ill for some time, but we are extremely saddened to hear of his passing.

“Paul enjoyed a distinguished career as a professional referee at the top level and was hugely respected by all involved in the game.

“More recently, Paul had been helping to develop the next generation of match officials as an observer, mentoring them during games. He will be sorely missed and our thoughts are with his family and friends.”

I’ve been saying for weeks that Cech needs to be dropped. That just reaffirmed my opinion.

Fair enough he was put under pressure for no real reason by our own defenders, but just kick the ball.

It leaves me scratching my head still wondering what the fuck Wenger was doing selling Szczesny to Juventus. There is no long-term planning with our goalkeeping situation at all.

Cech is old and getting worse as the days go by, Ospina in my opinion is a better option right now but he’s not good enough for the job long term at all. 

If Szczesny is at Juventus as an understudy this season before taking Buffon’s spot next season, then why on earth was he not good enough to do the same at Arsenal? His loan to Roma did him the absolute world of good and became one of the top goalkeepers in Serie A. It makes no sense whatsoever that we sold him.

Well. Wenger just needs to go.

Few minutes before people make those ArsenalFan TV twats even richer.

Job done. 

I think as much as I hate saying it I'd rather United win tomorrow against Tottenham especially going into Sunday. 

If we can build a gap over 5th by the end of the week to 8 points I'd be elated. I'd rather us do that then there be a 4 team battle for 3 spots. Can always make up points on United and Chelsea especially seen as though we've got to play them. 

We must have the best defensive players in the league who simply don't know how to defend. Mustafi isn't a bad defender. Monreal isn't a bad defender. Koscielny isn't a bad defender. But to watch them you'd think they don't do any sort of defensive training or practice at all. Honestly think we could sign Bonnuci, Godin and Alves and we'd still shit the bed.

Oh well. I'm sure we'll pump Everton >_>

10 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I’ve been saying for weeks that Cech needs to be dropped. That just reaffirmed my opinion.

Fair enough he was put under pressure for no real reason by our own defenders, but just kick the ball.

It leaves me scratching my head still wondering what the fuck Wenger was doing selling Szczesny to Juventus. There is no long-term planning with our goalkeeping situation at all.

Cech is old and getting worse as the days go by, Ospina in my opinion is a better option right now but he’s not good enough for the job long term at all. 

If Szczesny is at Juventus as an understudy this season before taking Buffon’s spot next season, then why on earth was he not good enough to do the same at Arsenal? His loan to Roma did him the absolute world of good and became one of the top goalkeepers in Serie A. It makes no sense whatsoever that we sold him.

Well. Wenger just needs to go.

Few minutes before people make those ArsenalFan TV twats even richer.

At Juve he has better goalkeeping coaches and is understudy to Gigi. That would make any keeper better than they were at Arsenal.

1 hour ago, Kaney said:

We must have the best defensive players in the league who simply don't know how to defend. Mustafi isn't a bad defender. Monreal isn't a bad defender. Koscielny isn't a bad defender. But to watch them you'd think they don't do any sort of defensive training or practice at all. Honestly think we could sign Bonnuci, Godin and Alves and we'd still shit the bed.

Oh well. I'm sure we'll pump Everton >_>

What's happened to Kolasinac by the way? He was flying in that 5 man defense, then he got injured and now he can't get a look in. Not at all curious because he's in my draft team...