Sign in to follow this  
Lineker

Premier League 2017/18

Liam Mk2    3,407
1 hour ago, Colly said:

Away games are usually cheaper in the Premier League than the Championship thanks to the £30 cap. 

I mean, I absolutely agree and that's disgusting, but the dad is a fucking bellend. I also hope he gets done for using a mobile phone while driving. 

I agree, the Dad sounds like a knob, and to be totally honest, it wouldn’t surprise me if he was goading him for a few minutes and then decided to start filming and say “Hey look, it’s Carragher” as I’d be surprised if Carragher got that worked up so quickly. 

Not defending Carragher in any way though, just that the guy driving is clearly a douche himself and would like to see him done for using his phone whilst driving as that is one of my pet hates.

• Like 1

Matt    7,495
3 hours ago, Emperor DC said:

PL is fun and everything but it gets boring quick. I can't afford to go to as many away games as usual, wins are fewer, I have never really felt as disattached from the club as I have right now, even through the troubled times. That Championship season was the golden age and it'll never be matched. It was so good that nothing in my lifetime can live up to it outside of a cup success. It was just something else. 

I actually get this. Premier League football is so sterile. I obviously want Leeds to get back into the premier league but what is there to aim for? Finishing 17th or above and then maybe a few years down the line aim to finish 6th/7th? Premier League mediocrity will never give me the same thrills as beating Carlisle 4-2 on our league one promotion push.

• Like 1

Liam Mk2    3,407

Sky News interviewed Jamie Carragher live and it's the most awkward thing I have watched in ages.

They have suspended him, and it's clear to me that they're making an example out of him on live TV. I am guessing he won't be sacked after this.

The interviewer just read out a tweet from Joey Barton in which he called out how disgusting what Carragher did was, pure trolling at that point. Joey Barton of all people.

Also, she questioned why Carragher wasn't concentrating on the road and that he could have caused a serious accident. I'm sorry, but these are questions you should be publicly asking the man who was filming at the wheel of his car in which his 14 year-old daughter was a passenger. If anyone was to be the cause of an accident in that situation, it's the guy filming. Not condoning anything Carragher did, but for fuck sake, that guy is a twat of the highest order himself.

• Like 1

Lineker    34,253

He will be back for the new season.

DavidMarrio    3,868

What Carragher did shouldn't be excused whatsoever. Spitting is disgusting and even if you are being goaded or whatever it's inexcusable. 

The dad though is an absolute cretin himself. Driving with your daughter in the car who can clearly be heard telling him to stop whilst on your phone trying to film someone for a bit of "bantz"

The most mature person out of that situation was a 14 year old girl in between two grown men. 

• Like 4

Gazz    53,716

Michael Carrick has announced he will retire at the end of season.

DavidMarrio    3,868
9 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Michael Carrick has announced he will retire at the end of season.

How good is he at spitting??

Hobo    10,600

Grown men are such idiots.

MDK    23,194

tj14tku0pcl01.jpg

Adam es Tranquilo    6,896
1 hour ago, DMo Salah said:

What Carragher did shouldn't be excused whatsoever. Spitting is disgusting and even if you are being goaded or whatever it's inexcusable. 

The dad though is an absolute cretin himself. Driving with your daughter in the car who can clearly be heard telling him to stop whilst on your phone trying to film someone for a bit of "bantz"

The most mature person out of that situation was a 14 year old girl in between two grown men. 

Bang on, and it is her who unfortunately got spat on. Both grown men need taking off the road for one, and the fact Carragher is getting vilified is fine, he deserves it, but this other bloke needs the book throwing at him as well. He's basically caused the entire incident, endangered his daughter in the process, and all for some of that brilliant 'banter' that we all love so much.

Arjen Robben    8,372

I don't get why being "goaded 3/4 times" would provoke that weird over the top reaction. Carragher seems to have had his window up anyway? How bad can it have been that he had to specifically wind his window down and wait to line up alongside the car to spit at them? Just fucking bizarre, and disgusting. 

Pretty spot on about the girl being the most sensible one between the lot of them. 

Colly    13,989

Setting aside the moral implications, you've got to be impressed by the flob. I'd have hit my own car door and be left with a dribble down my chin. Suppose I haven't had Premier League coaching. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Southampton have sacked Pellegrino. Best thing about that is everyone will stop getting his and Pochettino's names mixed up.

• Like 3

MDK    23,194
28 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Best thing about that is everyone will stop getting his and Pochettino's names mixed up.

I always accidentally buy a bottle of Southampton manager instead of sparkling water.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gazz    53,716
4 hours ago, Colly said:

Setting aside the moral implications, you've got to be impressed by the flob. I'd have hit my own car door and be left with a dribble down my chin. Suppose I haven't had Premier League coaching. 

Honestly, this was my first thought on seeing the video. That was an impressive amount of volume, he basically did the Triple H water spit without needing a swig of water.

MDK    23,194

'arry to Southampton! 

Colly    13,989

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MDK said:

'arry to Southampton! 

That'd be hilarious. He and Steve Wigley are the only managers with a worse PL record at Saints than Pellegrino.

Hobo    10,600
2 hours ago, MDK said:

'arry to Southampton! 

Think of the matches!

MDK    23,194

They must have someone lined up because you don't just sack a manager with 8 games left. I really hope its 'arry.

Gazz    53,716

Alan Shearer has previous experience of an eight game relegation battle.

DavidMarrio    3,868

Di Canio is gonna make his big comeback!!! 

MDK    23,194

DYKEEytV4AEGGd2.jpg

WAT