Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lineker

Premier League 2017/18

168 posts in this topic

2 people like this

A few things pleased me overnight; 

We beat City 2-0 in a friendly. 

And Ederson came rushing out from goal, buggering up, allowing Lukaku to score from a tight angle. 

Keep it up, City. (H)

They'll still finish ahead of you lot though... :shifty:

:(

Someone talk me out of watching West Brom vs. Palace. 

4 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Don't do it

24 minutes ago, Lineker said:

It's West Brom vs Palace, why burden yourself with that?

Just spotted that Chelsea vs. Arsenal is on ITV at 1225, might watch that instead. 

Even I'm not sure how bothered I am with that match... It's only two weeks before we play them again in another sort-of-friendly in the Community Shield. :/

The WBA away kit looks horrible.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Go outside man, it's the weekend. 

That's why I'm outside...at a football game <_<

Okay I *am* watching the match...and Ospina just about decapitated Pedro. Bloody hell.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, MDK said:

The WBA away kit looks horrible.

I quite like it. Looks like an old Boro one from a few seasons back.

Liverpool/Leicester has been a proper barnstormer in the first half. Goals from Slimani, Salah and Coutinho.

Chelsea win 3-0 win goals from Willian and Batshuayi (x2).

Watch Bats score a truckload in pre-season and then never appear again until the EPL Cup starts.

END THE SEASON NOW, WE'RE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!

Pedro's pre-season is being cut short as he heads back to London after suffering a concussion and facial injuries at the hands of Ospina.

We beat PSG 4-2 overnight. Granted, Trapp got himself sent off, but pleasing nonetheless, with some great goals.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Lineker
      Fixtures for the new Premier League season will be released tomorrow morning, so let's make some bold predictions for the new season ahead: 
      Leicester will only manage a top-ten finish. Chelsea will only make the Europe League spots at best. Top 4 of Man City, Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal. In what order I have no idea. Liverpool will just miss out towards the very end of the season. Watford to continue to struggle under a new manager, particularly if one of Deeney or Ighalo leave, and get relegated. Bournemouth build on last season and do well again. Hull to straight back down to the Championship with Middlesborough. Burnley to just scrape survival, at the expense of... let's say Crystal Palace. Koeman's Everton to finish below his old club Southampton despite spending a metric fuckton of money. Pulis (WBA) or Guidolin (Swansea) to be sacked first.
    • By Troy
      So yeah, it was kind of getting lost in the talks of actual football, but if you'd like to join the EWB Fantasy Premier League, the code is below. Use this thread for fantasy team discussions and such.
      686148-190058
    • By Titi Camara

I remember a while ago we used to predict who would finish where in the table so I thought I'd put EWB to the test and see who was the best at predicting what would happen in the Prem this season. Who will be our version of Paul the Octopus and who will be as good as predicting things as Mark Lawrenson. There will be 5 questions with a total of 100 points up for grab and come the end of the season I will add all the points up to crown our first winner.
      Question 1) Top goal scorer (5 points for correctly guessing the top scorer, A extra 10 points is awarded for guessing top scorer and amount of goals)
      Question 2) Most assists (5 points for correctly guessing the top assist maker, A extra 10 points is awarded for guessing top and amount of assists)
      Question 3) First team to sack their manager (10 points)
      Question 4) Predict the table (2 points for each correct position,
      Question 5) Predict the three teams which get promoted to the Prem (5 points for each team guessed correctly, If you get all three correct; a extra 5 points is awarded)

Here are my answers:

1) Diego Costa - 22 goals
      2) Coutinho- 14 Assists
      3) Watford will sack their manager first
      4) Chelsea, Man.Utd, Man.City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Swansea, Southampton, Everton, Stoke, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Newcastle United, West Brom, Aston Villa, Leicester, Sunderland, Bournemouth, Norwich, Watford
      5) QPR, Middlesbrough, Hull City
    • By Lineker
      The Premier League has announced a decision not have a title sponsor from season 2016/2017. The move reflects the organisation's desire to mirror major American sports leagues like the NBA and NFL in presenting a 'clean' brand. Having been sponsored by Barclays since 2004, in 2016 the competition will be known simply as 'The Premier League'. Predictions which will probably almost all turn out incorrect! Chelsea will win the league Man Utd second, Arsenal and City to squabble over third and fourth Rodgers to be sacked before the season ends Spurs to be better but ultimately fall short of the top four once again Bournemouth will perform well and survive. Watford will finish bottom of the pile with at least one managerial change mid-season. Norwich will scrape survival at the expense of an established top flight team. Sunderland fans buy flowers for Dick Advocaat's wife after he stays at club

• By Lineker
      With the fixtures being announced a week today, a lot of transfer activity already taking place, and new managers almost all in their new hotseats, what do you expect from this season?

I can see Chelsea chasing Man City all the way to the wire with their new signings, and a good manager in di Matteo in place. City will always be up there - where can they actually strengthen this summer though. Centre half?

Kagawa is a top signing for Man Utd. But they will need to improve on last season. Hernandez must have a better this season than last so it will be interesting to how Fergie keeps him, Rooney, and Welbeck all happy.

Arsenal to have their usual season of disappointment and humiliation before somehow scrambling to Wenger's target of a top 4 finish. Liverpool can't do any worse under Rodgers than they did under Kenny, and Newcastle seem to be making all the right signings so will be strong again.

As for us, we need to try a hold of Modric and Bale. If one of them does go then the money must be promptly reinvested. New strikers to compliment Adebayor and some goalkeepers to go along with the signing of Vertonghen, please.

Can see Reading and Southampton struggling if I am honest. Rickie Lambert has been prolific but never tested at the highest level. Will Reading's rich new owners stump up the funds for the right players? West Ham should be OK for mid-table under Allardyce. I can see Norwich falling back this year and a lot depends on who Swansea appoint to replace Rodgers. Wigan, QPR, and West Brom I reckon will be down there too. Villa will be much better than last year (again, not hard).

So, predictions?