Sky Bet EFL 2017/18

Lineker

I don't believe in an afterlife or anything, but, seeing the fixture list this morning and the first ever league clash between my team and my brother's team in our memory falling on my dad's birthday did make me pause and wonder.

• Like 5

At home first game, last game and Boxing Day, terrific. Scunny at home on Leger weekend and our first league trip to the new home of Rotherham is in February.

First away game is to Blackburn, can't wait for that. Very happy with our fixtures to be honest!

7 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I look forward to Brisbane Road being renamed The Dunkin' Donuts Dome. Seriously, though, I hope this is a proper turnaround.

Dunkin' Onuts.

• Like 2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40379823

Martin Ling: Leyton Orient appoint ex-manager as director of football

Leyton Orient have named former O's manager Martin Ling as director of football, less than 24 hours after the National League club was taken over.

Ahh, loved Ling as a player. And he got us promoted when he managed us.

8 hours ago, MDK said:

League Three.

Go back to the tinpot league thread.

On actual chat about the EFL...

I am quietly pleased with the business Russel Slade has done so far, while it is sad to see long term players like Dis and Shaun Pearson leave, we have to move on from our time in the conference and realise that we need to be better if we want to move up to League one.  I was also sad to see our Player of the Year Danny Andrew move on to Doncaster ( @Adam you have a really good player there), and since he hadn't played for us a great deal, it was nice seeing us get some money for Rhys Browne when he left.

On the signings side, we have signed an experienced CB in Nathan Clarke who has worked with the manager before, a good step forward in being solid at the back, Siriki Dembele has come in from the Nike Academy so hopefully he has some good potential, but if he doesn't work out then it is apparently just the one year deal.  We have also brought in Mitch Rose from Newport and Sam Kelly from Port Vale, both players are in the early/mid 20's so it feels like a good point to bring them in.  Overall we had a good squad last year and it feels like if we can be a little more consistent we have a team to challenge for a play-off spot come May

UTM!

• Like 3

I'm pleased with all I've heard about Danny Andrew. We've been desperately lacking a proper left back ever since Tommy Spurr went to Blackburn and that was a couple of years ago now.

@MDK I made a whole new thread for you to discuss Orient in! Use it! :P

Notts have re-signed most of last season's squad, which isn't all too encouraging. Keeping Stead and Ameobi is excellent news, though. Some better defenders will be needed between now and August or it could be another depressing campaign.

On 2017-6-25 at 18:26, Adam said:

I'm pleased with all I've heard about Danny Andrew. We've been desperately lacking a proper left back ever since Tommy Spurr went to Blackburn and that was a couple of years ago now.

@MDK I made a whole new thread for you to discuss Orient in! Use it! :P

And I love you for it but we are in League Three

:shifty: 

Prediction time:

Promoted from Championship: Fulham will finally do it and come back up, I feel like Sheffield Wednesday and Hull will come up as well. The appointment of Leonid Slutsky at Hull is massive as he's easily Premier League level and definitely on par with the likes of Marco Silva and Walter Mazzarri, but just isn't rated due to coming from an unpopular league in the Russian Premier League. Slutsky is very analtyical and apparently speaks English on a level comparable with Jurgen Klopp, according to his English teacher so making his methods and instructions known to his players might not be as difficult as first thought. Wednesday to go via the playoffs - Fulham champions. Brentford, Leeds and Derby all make the play offs.

Relegated from Championship: Millwall will continue to yo-yo hopefully. Horrible club. I feel like another 'big' name will go down like Blackburn and Wigan both did, with either Nottingham Forrest or a John Terry/Harry Redknapp led Birmingham City going down. Burton's championship adventure comes to an end as well. A lack of goals was a big issue for them (out of sides that stayed up only Villa, Birmingham and Ipswich scored less) last season and top scorer Jackson Irvine may be on his way out of the club.

Promoted from League One: Scunthorpe were free scoring in League One last season, and I think they'll go up based on that and the addition of Matt Gilks in goal. Fleetwood gon one better than the play-offs and Bristol Rovers might just win the play-offs. They've lost top scorer Matty Taylor to their city rivals but in Billy Bodin and Rory Gaffney they have a strikeforce capable of reaching that level. I don't think any of the promoted sides will go up, but the likes of Portsmouth might grab a play-off spot, along with Bradford and Southend.

Relegated from League One: You have to go back to 2011-12 for a newly promoted side to get relegated (Wycombe Wanderers) but if anyone can do it, Blackpool can. Relegated sides from the Championship are another matter and I think Rotherham will struggle badly, especially after losing top scorer Danny Ward - his replacement is Fleetwood's David Ball who scored 14 last season, but he had arguably a greater supporting cast than he'll have at Rotherham. Joining them will be Bury and Oldham who scored a pathetic 31 goals last season and yet somehow stayed up.

Promoted from League Two: It won't be as close this time around. Port Vale, Swindon and Exeter to go up. CoventryLutonCarlisle and Colchester in the players. Luton take it because reasons.

Relegated from League Two: Forest Green Rovers to go straight back down. Joining them will be Newport County

League Three: Leyton Orient win every game three-nil, get awarded both promotion places, then give one to Hartlepool cos they're nice like that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Leeds have completed the purchase of Elland Road.

Pinch me. We have an owner that's actually doing what's best for the club and putting money where his mouth is. Couple this with the players we're supposedly close to signing and it finally feels good to be a Leeds fan.

It might be a little early to say Leeds United are back but the signs look good for the first time in well over a decade.

• Like 3