Sky Bet EFL 2017/18

Lineker

29 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

When was the last time a non-PL player managed that? I don’t recall one.

Never. First time its happened (in Premier League history).

15 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Brentford just equalised in the 95th minute against Fulham to send Wolves to the Premier League, and more than likely, Cardiff too.

We should have lost to be fair. We haven't rotated players enough and we look tired. However, we've now got Millwall away, so can't see anything other than the same players once more.

Mitrovic's finish was a beauty though to be fair.

I don't even watch football (and I haven't watched a single game this season), but damn, the top of the championship is exciting. Only one point separating 2nd and 3rd, but Cardiff still have a game in hand which is nice. While very unlikely, Cardiff could still win the league, but they'd have to win all their games, and Wolves would have to lose all theirs, so probably not. Fulham could definitely still take 2nd, but it'd be a shame (although I'm obviously biased) considering Cardiff have been in the top 2 for virtually the entire season.

4 hours ago, Owen said:

I don't even watch football (and I haven't watched a single game this season), but damn, the top of the championship is exciting. Only one point separating 2nd and 3rd, but Cardiff still have a game in hand which is nice. While very unlikely, Cardiff could still win the league, but they'd have to win all their games, and Wolves would have to lose all theirs, so probably not. Fulham could definitely still take 2nd, but it'd be a shame (although I'm obviously biased) considering Cardiff have been in the top 2 for virtually the entire season.

Man, if you think this is exciting you should watch football more often, you'd really enjoy it by the seems of it :P.

Wolves have made the title race a bit of a no-contest this season really and I don't agree with how they've done it, but it's certainly a good race for 2nd behind them and it does look like Cardiff are in the driver's seat now. The game in hand is away at Derby which won't be easy but that draw for Fulham has helped them a lot. I do hope Fulham go up through the play-offs as they've a good squad, good manager and are just all around a decent club (aside from that MJ statue nonsense the other year). But you never know once you're at the mercy of the Play Offs.

I just fear the play-offs because Cardiff have never won in them (except once in 2003, apparently, bringing us to division one) and we haven't been close since we got relegated from the premiership. 

Yeah the play offs are always hard to call. Some teams, like Sheff Utd, have been in them loads without winning once. Preston have won them once in 10 attempts, Brentford and Sheff U are winless in 8 attempts. My own team Doncaster have entered twice and won twice, such is the nature of it. Season long form usually goes out the window.

Anyway, I expect Cardiff to finish 2nd now. If I was a betting man for the Play Offs I'd probably go for Villa depending on who takes the last spot. If someone like Millwall sneaks in due to a good late season run I could easily see them doing it.

• Like 1

With the budget they have, that's a major achievement by Accrington. It's looking as if Notts will have to settle for the Playoffs, and I can't see much chance of them going up through that route. The team's been fading over the last couple of months, which isn't that surprising when you take some of the players' ages into account. It's also more or less the same team that flirted with relegation last season, so they've been overachieving anyway.

• Admin

Championship PFA Team of the Year
GK John Ruddy (Wolves); RB Ryan Fredericks (Fulham), CB Sol Bamba (Cardiff), CB Willy Boly (Wolves), LB Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham); MID James Maddison (Norwich), MID Rúben Neves (Wolves), MID Tom Cairney (Fulham); FWD Bobby Reid (Bristol City), FWD Leon Clarke (Sheffield United), FWD, Matěj Vydra (Derby County)

League One PFA Team of the Year
GK Dean Henderson, (Shrewsbury); RB Nathan Byrne (Wigan), CB Charlie Mulgrew (Blackburn), CB Dan Burn (Wigan), LB Amari’i Bell (Blackburn); MID Bradley Dack (Blackburn), MID Erhun Oztumer (Walsall), MID Nick Powell (Wigan); FWD Danny Graham (Blackburn), FWD Jack Marriott (Peterborough), FWD Will Grigg (Wigan)

League Two PFA Team of the Year
GK Marek Stech, (Luton); RB Jack Grimmer (Coventry), CB Alan Sheehan (Luton), CB Mark Hughes (Accrington), LB Dan Potts (Luton); MID Jorge Grant (Notts County), MID Luke Berry (Luton), MID Sean McConville (Accrington); FW Adebayo Akinfenwa (Wycombe), FW Billy Kee (Accrington), Danny Hylton (Luton)

Jack making the family name proud. Good lad!

Also why is every team of the year a 443? Bring back 442!!!