Sky Bet EFL 2017/18

Lineker

1 hour ago, DMo Salah said:

Although I do find it funny that they'll be having to go to Accrington away. 

Fleetwood and AFC Wimbledon too. It's always amazing to look at the difference a decade or so can make in the football pyramid.

• Admin
2 hours ago, DMo Salah said:

I think Sunderland need to just gut the squad of overpriced and overpaid shite, get new owners who actually care and spend a few seasons rebuilding a team. If staying around that level and rebuilding for a few seasons means a more stable long term future it'll be worth it in the long run. 

Not much then :lol:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Not much then :lol:

Yehhh kinda read it back and thought. Well that'll take some time :lol:

It's getting rid of the shite that's the problem, after cashing in on Pickford all the hope this season was that someone might come in and pay Premier League money for Kone so they could invest it in some players. He was injured for a chunk which won't have helped, but while I imagine he'll go now it won't be for the silly money they were expecting. They've got 2/3 woeful goalkeepers, some aging dross on high wages who might add some useful experience at that level, but can you pay John o'Shea that much money for League One? And who in their right mind is going to come in for Rodwell now? Couple of touted youth players but they're in no position to hold out for loads. 

15 minutes ago, Colly said:

It's getting rid of the shite that's the problem, after cashing in on Pickford all the hope this season was that someone might come in and pay Premier League money for Kone so they could invest it in some players. He was injured for a chunk which won't have helped, but while I imagine he'll go now it won't be for the silly money they were expecting. They've got 2/3 woeful goalkeepers, some aging dross on high wages who might add some useful experience at that level, but can you pay John o'Shea that much money for League One? And who in their right mind is going to come in for Rodwell now? Couple of touted youth players but they're in no position to hold out for loads. 

Fortunately for them O'Shea is retiring!!

Rodwell though...I remember all the hype around him and now he just sits around collecting a wage. Hopefully for them they'll have relegation wage drops and some higher paying contracts run out. 

8 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

I know they're in big debt and very much strapped for cash but I will be very surprised if they don't still have a budget that can meet the top few sides in our league. The drop-off from Championship to League One is huge in terms of money, and Sunderland will be able to attract players based on other factors (besides finances I mean) ahead of all 23 other sides. I expect them to be up at the top.

You could have posted this a year ago and just changed the divisions. 

23 hours ago, Liam said:

Yeah, that was the moment that cost you your whole season.

No, it isn't but it's poor. They influenced a decision that wasn't given initially and wasn't going to.

Edited by Just Joe

Suprised the ref didn't send off at least three Swindon players for the viciousness of that foul.

• Like 1