Carabao Cup 2017/18

Lineker

Suddenly feeling all the more excellent about us getting Drinkwater (or Zappacosta, depending on where you'd expect Conte to play Ox) instead. :shifty:

And yes, that's even taking into account how DD has been injured all month.

1 minute ago, MadJack said:

I'm not sure what's more surreal, Danny Drinkwater, double Premier League winner, or Wes Brown, double Champions League winner.

I'd say that the Drinkwater one is more surreal, given that it hasn't actually happened.

I know people say that actual-double-Premier-League-winner N'Golo Kante is secretly twins, but as far as I'm aware he hasn't started converting his fellow midfielders into himself like some kind of footballing Agent Smith.

But I would be totally in favour of that if he did.

Tbf it's unfair to judge a player as a good or bad signing when he came on as a sub in a game against City in which we threw the white flag up and rolled over, a sub appearance against Burnley and then the Leicester game in which he had a woeful gsme but so did the whole team. 

At least give it some time before coming to the inevitable conclusion of yes we got mugged off for 35/40mil... <_<

• Like 2

Just now, Davidmarrio said:

Tbf it's hard to judge a player as a good or bad signing when he came on as a sub in a game against City in which we threw the white flag up and rolled over, a sub appearance against Burnley and then the Leicester game in which he had a woeful gsme but so did the whole team. 

At least give it some time before coming to the inevitable conclusion of yes we got mugged off for 35/40mil... <_<

True but his general awfulness since his pro debut is a pretty decent indication.

Just now, Twist said:

True but his general awfulness since his pro debut is a pretty decent indication.

Don't know about that. I've seen players play utter shite for some clubs and then just tear it up for other teams in the same league or in different leagues. 

Chelsea line-up exactly as I predicted earlier this afternoon: Cabellero, Cahill, Christensen, Rudiger, Kenedy, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Zappacosta, Musonda Jr., Hazard, Batshuayi

Excited for Charly Musonda's first start. And watch Batshuayi fluff easy chances all game but somehow sneak a goal in towards the end when the result's already decided.

1 minute ago, Benji said:

Ah, I've been looking forward to seeing Chris Wood in action again... oh wait :shifty:

We're a better team without him this season and I'm not just saying that. The way we played last season with the side we had, we'd have been terrible without him. The way we play under Christiansen wouldn't suit him and collectively we're better going forward than we were last year when we relied almost entirely on Wood.

If we play a good team (I can't say our best 11 because we don't have a best 11 per se, we have a core of 6-7 players and then another 7-8 that are chosen on a match by match basis) then we'll give your first team a good run for their money.

• Like 1