UEFA Champions League 2017/18

Lineker

21 minutes ago, Rooney! said:

I sincerely hope Nice draw Liverpool, so that Mario Balotelli can score the goal that knocks them out.

Them or Hoffenheim can both pose serious problems for Liverpool, so I hope Baddar's 'should progress without any problems' was sarcastic :P

Looking at Istanbul BB's squad as well suggests they've got the experience there to be a potential threat as well, with Clichy, Adebayor and Elijero Elia all on the books. Obviously Liverpool would be big favourites in any tie, but the scousers have historically struggled in Turkey winning just once in 5 attempts.

16 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

I certainly can never remember Liverpool winning in Turkey at all.....

I mean a Champions League final against AC Milan is a bit different to a group game against Galatasaray or whatever.

And I can certainly remember Liverpool struggling in that game.

12 hours ago, Rooney! said:

I sincerely hope Nice draw Liverpool, so that Mario Balotelli can score the goal that knocks them out.

Typical bitter blue :shifty:

I'm confident in any big game situation or against any side in Europe. If the possible opponents were Hull, Crystal Palace, Southampton or West Brom then I'd be nervous.