WWE 2K18

Kyle

1 hour ago, Los IngobernAdam de Japon said:

I've just spent three weeks crafting a fully functioning WWE Universe, and I'm just now about to start Raw Week 1 :lol:

I have thought about doing something NJPW-related, but Apsham's right that outside of the main guys it's a bit of a struggle to find decent CAWs. From my searches, I think you could nail the very top of the roster. Omega & Tanahashi's entrance motions are in the game, they've added the big moves that Okada, Naito, Goto and a couple of others do too. I've found very good CAWs for Omega, Okada, Naito, Tanahashi, Ibushi and Cody Rhodes as you'd expect, but it starts to get a bit thin on the ground beyond that. So far I've only downloaded Ibushi, Ricochet, Berreta and Zack Sabre Jr. to make the Cruiserweight division decent enough to merit its own show, and I'm intending on bringing in Omega to feud with Jericho at some point.

Once I've got my WWE Universe up and running, I have thought about downloading those top guys and running some tournaments or something in the vein of Apsham's FirePro tournament in the Cube. If I get chance over the weekend I might scour the Community Creations to see just how many decent NJPW wrestlers are on there. I did spot a Kitamura the other day which seemed a bit random!

What is Omega's entrance in the game?

50 minutes ago, KingofHarts_OH said:

Sorry, I meant what is the animation in Create-An-Entrance?

He said it. It's listed as Alpha Omega.

6 hours ago, This Is APSHAM said:

His hair is so hard to get right, that's one of the better ones I've seen - but a WK12 one went up recently that is the best one I've seen yet.

Is it Defract's? Because honestly, he is by some distance the best creator on either platform.

7 hours ago, This Is APSHAM said:

His hair is so hard to get right, that's one of the better ones I've seen - but a WK12 one went up recently that is the best one I've seen yet.

Who did it? If it is Defract I'm downloading immediately, that dude has done some brilliant work.

I was planning to download that Omega and try to edit the hair to his current look anyway and I doubt I could do it much justice as I'm not the most polished at it.

On 1/12/2018 at 23:42, Cloyd said:

Honestly, if I didn't know any better I'd think he was in the game originally and not a CAW.

There are some CAWS that are so good. There is a Dean Malenko that is just fantastic. It’s especially funny when you see how fucked up some of the actual legends 2K made look. Rick Martel is kind of funky looking. 

I'm just now starting to play it after simming most if the first year to January. I always enjoy watching a Rumble instead of just simming because then you might get fun winners coming into your first Mania. I'm actually doing that right now and No Way Jose eliminated Dean Ambrose, Jey Uso, Goldberg, and Ultimate Warrior before Diesel came in and clotheslined him over the top. Final 4 are Dash Wilder, Sheamus, Xavier Woods, and Randy Savage... Xavier gets Sheamus out, Dash eliminates Savage... and out goes Dash! Looks like Mania is main evened by Xavier Woods vs Braun Strowman!

Played the Elimination Chamber as Braun to defend the belt, against Cena, Orton, Roode, No Way Jose, and Reigns. Came in 3rd and eliminated Reigns and Orton, before being pinned by Cena, who then lost to the new WWE Champion No Way Jose!!

Edited by BuddyAwesome

No Way Jose is a stud.

How frequent are cutscenes in Universe Mode? I've run through two full Raw and SD Live episodes and not got one, but I figured it might be down to there only being one rivalry pre-set up (Alexa v Nia, who had a promo duel). Everything else I did just ran as a standard match. As a result, the Raw I did was quite dull but SD threw up some fun stuff that I rolled with, like Neville getting to main event against Jericho (and he beat me as Y2J, which I was cool with) and WWE Champion John Cena calling out Nakamura only to get punked on the mic by him, setting a rivalry over the title off.

The promo feature is fun but I can imagine will get old fairly fast, and the dialogue is wonky. How do you get to start a brawl in one? It's one of the ability things but I've not had that opportunity yet unfortunately. Also, it's a small thing but the fact the ring announcer doesn't say "The following contest is scheduled for one fall" before the matches just in Universe Mode seems a silly oversight.

Oh also, when do the Power Rankings and Championship Standings update? I've gone through those two shows and the Power Rankings are the same as before, and I have only spotted two alterations in the Championship rankings despite lots of matches that should really be causing changes.