WWE 2K18

Kyle

1 hour ago, Buschy Heenan said:

Operation Sports have come out with an attribute guide which makes full use of the rating system, as opposed to 2k's lazy ratings which are overinflated and only assigned in increments of 5.  It does a great job of actually making everyone play more like their real life counterparts, and it gives you a greater chance of having realistic sim results along with competitive matches from guys of similar levels.  The spreadsheet includes basically everyone currently in WWE including people not in the game so you can sync up your CAWs, and they're working on getting all of the legends synced up too.

As it says though, don't be blinded by the overall ratings.  80 is essentially the new 100, but the bulk of the main WWE roster fall within 40-60.  It's the actual attribute ratings that set them apart.

The downside of course is that it takes ages to update everyone, but you could always update as you play along in Universe and only edit people as they come up in matches.

Wouldn't a title update from 2K mess this stuff up though? 

6 hours ago, Buschy Heenan said:

Operation Sports have come out with an attribute guide which makes full use of the rating system, as opposed to 2k's lazy ratings which are overinflated and only assigned in increments of 5.  It does a great job of actually making everyone play more like their real life counterparts, and it gives you a greater chance of having realistic sim results along with competitive matches from guys of similar levels.  The spreadsheet includes basically everyone currently in WWE including people not in the game so you can sync up your CAWs, and they're working on getting all of the legends synced up too.

As it says though, don't be blinded by the overall ratings.  80 is essentially the new 100, but the bulk of the main WWE roster fall within 40-60.  It's the actual attribute ratings that set them apart.

The downside of course is that it takes ages to update everyone, but you could always update as you play along in Universe and only edit people as they come up in matches.

So I tested this out, changing just Apollo Crews and Big Cass.

I see what they're going for, if you only want matches that last 20 minutes minimum and takes that long to build up to a finisher then go for it, if not, completely avoid. I thought about keeping the momentum attributes fairly high, but it probably won't work with the lower ratings for everything else. I may use the personality settings though, as they seem a bit more accurate.

There's no setting to reset wrestlers to default either. <_<

• Thanks 1

I tend to play one Universe where I sim to the PPV and play the matches, occasionally stopping at a show if there is a story I want to play out. Haven't really played one where I play every match, but may try that out at some point. 

1 hour ago, Apsham said:

So when it comes to Universe - do y'all mostly simulate, watch or play the matches?

Depends on the match or what rivalry I've got going.

So from what I gather, doing a suicide dive/tope isn't just running and hitting a button. It looks like you actually use a finisher for with an opponent prone on the rope. 

They really need a detailed game manual that explains every single fucking situation you can do moves in. There is a lot of shit to just figure out for yourself.

Got to my first big show, Payback.

Was going through the matches and the match that was being set up the entire time - Braun Strowman vs. Brock Lesnar for the Universal title came on and I decided I had to play as Braun and win the title. It was a 30 minute or so match but I finally put Lesnar away. I thought it was the main event but then.. it turns out there was a match after it. Brock vs. Joe for the Universal title. And Joe won. And now Joe is the champion. :shifty:

5 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

So I tested this out, changing just Apollo Crews and Big Cass.

I see what they're going for, if you only want matches that last 20 minutes minimum and takes that long to build up to a finisher then go for it, if not, completely avoid. I thought about keeping the momentum attributes fairly high, but it probably won't work with the lower ratings for everything else. I may use the personality settings though, as they seem a bit more accurate.

There's no setting to reset wrestlers to default either. <_<

They did similar sliders for last year's game (the template is the same, you can even see all the way to the right with suggested victory motion edits they had stats for Braun) and I only found that really lengthy matches were coming from the main event level talent that routinely have longer matches.  The rest were around 5 minutes or so.

Also there's definitely a way to reset.  If you go to My WWE and Edit Superstars, just hover over someone you've made a change to (don't click on them, just hover over them).  There should be a button to let you re-set them to default.

5 hours ago, Apsham said:

Just had the Good Brothers find a new way to pin.

vXLEqk9.gif

• Like 3

Looks like my career is frozen. I haven't been sleeping so I've been motoring through. The night after Wrestlemania I agreed to mentor a new NXT call up because Albert asked me. Anyway I'm supposed to manage him for a couple matches. The screen comes up and says "Luke Gallows vs. ???" so I think huh this should be a fun surprise. Gallows comes out and just stands there and nothing happens. He is still standing there as I type this. It's been 10 minutes

• Like 3
  • Haha 1