WWE 2K18

Kyle

Don't get too excited, the entrances & winning animations are accessible with the new patch, but the actual DLC characters are not playable yet. It's certainly a sign that the DLC will be out soon, even though they haven't given us dates for them yet (as far as I know).

On 27/10/2017 at 09:02, theshadow said:

So I'm creating my own fictional caws and have come across a weird audio issue. If you use the name Isabella just on its own they are announced as Julian.

Very happy for Julian and their transition. 

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Asuka's Gonna Kill You said:

I just don't get why they don't seem to give a shit about online. Still they've barely changed a thing and still they refuse to put lobbies back into the game.

Online and Offline players seem to have the same basic complaint... being that neither is really focused on enough to really improve when the title is released annually. Online players seem to think 2K doesn't give a shit about them, but often fail to realize that offline players quite often feel the same way.

Truth is, they just don't have the resources to make significant changes to both sections of the game when they force the annual release window. They either need to dedicate more resources to the game, extend the developmental process, or just understand that they will receive this type of backlash from all sides.

Essentially, the WWE 2K series is a dude with multiple wives, who thinks everything is great... but none of them are satisfied and eventually that's going to cause some pretty significant issues if it isn't addressed.

That another Wrestling Promotion with decent resources hasn't tried to create a more fan-friendly wrestling video game blows my mind... especially when you consider where the industry is at right now. If New Japan or Ring of Honor could partner with a decent developer/publisher to put out a wrestling title, I feel like it would do quite well, especially if they limit how much money they spend on licensing, give us a solid creation suite and focus on the gameplay. There's no reason why a TEW styled video game wouldn't work in this climate. 2K frequently touts Universe Mode as one of the biggest reasons why players buy their game. If that's true, it means that if there were another game that offered good gameplay, and better simulation features, storylines and more... that game would do well, especially if it comes in at a discounted price point.

People pay $80-plus Canadian to buy WWE 2K... a broken game that takes several patches to get up to release standard, and has little development year-to-year on the things that we tell them we care about. If there was an alternative that wasn't so obviously niche (Fire Pro World), and was priced at $40-$60 Canadian, I am confident that it would be a success. Add in DLC sales too, and they could do quite well in today's market place.

Imagine buying a New Japan video game for $20 less than WWE's... which isn't an annual title... instead just offering up consistent DLC packages of new performers, arenas, promotions, etc that want to be involved. Pay $60 for a game that plays like TEW on the back end, but offers up a modern take on the old Wrestle Kingdom gameplay... and then give us optional add-ons packs at $10 a pop like Rock Band does, and it becomes a consistently easy way for them to promote their product and make some extra cash.

• Like 1