WWE 2K18

Kyle

11 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Weirdly, those are the two things me and my mate remember from the games also. We'd just set two people running on Attitude and listen to Shane McMahon commentate on them running the ropes for literally an hour.

The third one being 'Booyah! Out like a light!'

Yes! That third one was a recurring one for me in my first year of college, as well! You could tell me that Attitude featured no other lines of commentary, and there'd probably be part of me that kind of believes you.

40 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

The only commentary that has ever left any lasting impression on me is SmackDown Just Bring It, which obviously falls on to the hilariously awful side of things.

If nothing else it taught me that SPIKE DUDLEY sure does have a devastating SUPLEX.

TAZZ has a devastating THE TAZZMISSION

TRIPLE H...and...THE UNDERTAKER...are competing continually

WALLS OF JERICHO!  WALLS OF JERICHO!

TRISH STRATUS...was great the other day

• Like 7

I remember in the beginning of a match in the Raw is War game. 

"HELLO EVERYBODY I'M VINCE MCMAHON" "AND I'M GOOD OLE' JR. THIS IS ONE IS SURE TO BE A GOOD OLD TIMES SLOBBERKNOCKER". 

I loved those games even if they have aged reallllly bad. 

"JOCKEYING FOR POSITION". 

• Like 3

Oh wow, I forgot Lawler used to insult the crowd during his entrance. I should buy that game...

As an aside, the first time I heard Shucky Duck Quack Quack was from Goldust in Raw is War. He would say "Shucky Ducky Quack Quack how'd ya like that?". When the crowded chant for him, the one chant of "Curtain Call" had this weird high pitched person really emphasize the TAIN on curtain. Goldust also said "Ya know, you really suck" as a taunt. 

Those games were fucking insane, but like I said, brilliant. 

My bite is worse than my bark. 

38 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

I remember in the beginning of a match in the Raw is War game. 

"HELLO EVERYBODY I'M VINCE MCMAHON" "AND I'M GOOD OLE' JR. THIS IS ONE IS SURE TO BE A GOOD OLD TIMES SLOBBERKNOCKER". 

I loved those games even if they have aged reallllly bad. 

"JOCKEYING FOR POSITION". 

I had fun with Warzone, even though I knew it wasn't very good. The FMV cutscenes in which the wrestlers cut promos in front of the warehouse from the old Raw is War intro were the perfect blend of 1997/8 WWF wrestling and the hilariously stupid FMV games of the same era. I still watch Ahmed Johnson's cutscenes from time to time for a cheap laugh.

• Like 3

Edit: Ignore this. Didn't see that we were already on page 3.

As far as bad commentary in old WWE Games is concerned the on that stuck with me, other than Just Bring It and Attitude, is Vince shouting "BOOM SHAKALAKA!" in WrestleMania the Arcade Game for the SNES.

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I had fun with Warzone, even though I knew it wasn't very good. The FMV cutscenes in which the wrestlers cut promos in front of the warehouse from the old Raw is War intro were the perfect blend of 1997/8 WWF wrestling and the hilariously stupid FMV games of the same era. I still watch Ahmed Johnson's cutscenes from time to time for a cheap laugh.

I never even owned that game but those Ahmed Johnson cutscenes are fucking incredible.

The first one I owned was Shut Your Mouth! and whilst the commentary didn't hit the heights of some of the predecessors, some of J.R.'s oft-repeated lines in that game stuck with me.

"The time has arrived!" five times in every match, oh and King saying "look at his eyes, they're bugging out" every time you did a taunt as Bubba Ray Dudley.

9 hours ago, Busch Strowman said:

TAZZ has a devastating THE TAZZMISSION

TRIPLE H...and...THE UNDERTAKER...are competing continually

WALLS OF JERICHO!  WALLS OF JERICHO!

TRISH STRATUS...was great the other day

THE ROCK! has a nice THE ROCK BOTTOM!

• Like 3

On 7/6/2017 at 16:12, Skummy said:

The two for me are Smackdown vs. RAW 2005, because my brother and one of his friends - considering even the game came out a few years after they'd both stopped watching wrestling, and they still do this now - repeat "Size, strength, agility, GARRISON CADE really is the total package." and WWF Attitude, for constantly repeating "Off the ropes. Coming off the ropes. Off the ropes".

Was that Shane McMahon doing commentary on that? "In to the ropes. IN to the ropes!"

Edit: Should have read literally the very next post <_<

Jesus christ, Shane McMahon is literally shouting EVERY one of his lines.

• Like 2

Supposedly they've already ruled out custom music on PS4 again. Fuck.

It's especially annoying because MLB The Show has had the feature for the last couple of years, so it's known that it is actually possible to do it. Granted, The Show is developed by Sony so that's probably why they were granted an exception.

• Admin

My understanding of the situation is that the feature can't be put in unless it's on both PS4 and XB1. Sony are happy for it to be on PS, but Microsoft don't won't allow it, so it ends up in neither.

3 hours ago, Apsham said:

With it being confirmed for the Switch, barring any major downgrade - I'll consider getting it there for sure.

I imagine it will be akin to the Xbox 360/PS3 versions. My understanding is that these versions haven't had MyCareer mode in the past, so I could see it being missing on Switch too.

2 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I imagine it will be akin to the Xbox 360/PS3 versions. My understanding is that these versions haven't had MyCareer mode in the past, so I could see it being missing on Switch too.

This was posted on the 2K website in regards to the Switch version.

Like the other available versions of WWE 2K18, it includes a whole host of new features.

Get ready for eight man matches, a new grapple carry system, new weight detection, thousands of new animations and a massive backstage area. A brand-new rendering engine also gives WWE 2K18 a visual overhaul and will bring the drama of WWE to life like never before.

A new MyCareer experience puts you on the path to greatness as you journey along on the road to WrestleMania.  Explore WWE like never before through free-roaming backstage, conversing with WWE Superstars, forming alliances, making enemies, seeking out quests, and strategizing for upcoming matches.

Can your MyPlayer make it to the WWE Hall of Fame?  Introducing the all-new Road to Glory. Compete with opponents online to improve your MyPlayer by earning unlockables, boosts and upgrades all while securing your entry into special events that are held alongside real-life WWE special events, such as pay-per-views.

Customize WWE like never before with an even deeper set of customization tools and the new Custom Match option. The robust Creation Suite also offers even more detailed features for Create-a-Superstar, Create-a-Video and Create-an-Arena.

Dominate the ring with tons of your favorite WWE, NXT and legendary Superstars.WWE 2K18 offers the most complete roster of the biggest and brightest WWE and NXT Superstars and Legends to ever grace a WWE ring.

So that doesn't look to be the case.