WWE 2K18

Kyle

Royal Rumbles are fun, definitely a challenge. 

I did one last night and it was this fantastic combination of current guys, CAWS, and legends. I started with HBK 97 and got thrown out a bit before the halfway mark. Then I came in as Ohno, and The Rock eliminated me in a hurry with his finisher. Then I came in as DDP 98 and managed to win with him. It was awesome, it came down to me and Fandango. I was beaten down pretty good but managed to get a finisher stored and eliminated Fandango. DDP showed his resilience yet again.

• Like 1

If I’m going to win the Rumble as anybody, then DDP is a great choice. It was cool because it seemed to get all the big stars of each era in (HHH, Savage, Austin, Sting, Rock, Reigns, Cena, Cactus Jack). Actually, it was Jack that took me out as Shawn Michaels, Cactus Jack 92 to be exact. 

The first three was Erik Rowan, HHH 01, and Randy Savage. I’m thinking “two absolute legends and HHH”.

• Like 2

I just picked this up, haven't played a WWE game since 2K13.

1. Is kicking out of pins even remotely possible? I got pinned by a CAW jobber (I think he was a 12 overall or something) inside of three minutes. I was Strowman. I can't seem to get the timing down on the meter no matter how many (failed) attempts I make.

2. Do stats even matter? I had a tag match between the Club and the aforementioned jobber and his similarly rated partner. It took a good fifteen minutes to beat them. Unless I went for the pin immediately after hitting a finisher he'd kickout.

Or maybe I just suck.

To be fair, I was kinda dragging the match out a bit to get more stars. It was basically an extended squash. I attemped a few pins towards the end that clearly should have ended the match.

The only part of the game that I consistently suck at is kicking out. I can have fun, competitive matches but if the CPU goes for the pin first, I'm fucked. Too bad there doesn't seem to be a slider for it.

I hate the sliders, I changed the submission mini-game to the button mashing one because it's much easier for me. The pinfall game has never been that hard - maybe when it's a thin little sliver of red, but when it's a big chunk, it's pretty easy. Just land it anywhere in the red and you're good. I'll admit to losing more matches than I do win, so when I do Universe, I generally pick the guy I don't want to win since I know I'm going to lose. But I also have it set on Legend difficulty and custom match sliders I found on Reddit, so..

We've gotten insanely good at kicking out at the tiny slivers in the pinfall mini-game. If you want to get a lot of practice, play some Last Man Standing matches - you get that for every count, it's how I taught my girlfriend the timing.

What's the difference when it comes to kicking out in the regular green vs. the sliver of brighter green at the end? I figured it would maybe make your character get up faster but that doesn't seem to be the case - maybe it just gives more of a boost to your meter?

11 hours ago, Apsham said:

We've gotten insanely good at kicking out at the tiny slivers in the pinfall mini-game. If you want to get a lot of practice, play some Last Man Standing matches - you get that for every count, it's how I taught my girlfriend the timing.

What's the difference when it comes to kicking out in the regular green vs. the sliver of brighter green at the end? I figured it would maybe make your character get up faster but that doesn't seem to be the case - maybe it just gives more of a boost to your meter?

You mean there are two kickout slivers? Because when that's happened to me it means the smaller one either reverses the pin into a pin of your own, or you grab the ropes to (hopefully) break the pin rather than kick out.

Doesn't it depend on what attributes or whatever the wrestler has? Every time I've hit the brighter green, it just builds up my meter faster. I don't think I've ever reversed a pin, yet.

@michgcs I haven't had any horrible glitches and I've had this game for a few weeks now. The only one that I can remember is I irish whipped someone inside the ring, and they phased through the ropes and ran up the entrance walkway. 

2K today announced that WWE 2K18, the latest entry in the flagship WWE video game franchise, will be available for Nintendo Switch starting on December 6. The Nintendo Switch edition is a robust offering showcasing the following:

• All of the series’ biggest modes, including MyCAREER, Road to Glory, customizable Universe Mode, Online play, local multiplayer and the dynamic Creation Suite;
  • New features, including the new grapple carry system, new weight detection, thousands of new animations, a massive backstage area, the biggest roster ever and up to six characters onscreen at once, as well as the ability to play on TV or in handheld mode with up to four people in online and local multiplayer;
  • And lastly, for those who pre-ordered the physical version of WWE 2K18 on Nintendo Switch, two playable versions of WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle: his WWE “American Hero” persona (2001) and his ECW “Wrestling Machine” persona (2006). Digital WWE 2K18 customers will be able to download the Kurt Angle pack at no additional cost through December 13, 2017.

For complete details on this WWE 2K18 announcement, see the blog post here.

Those who pre-order the physical version of WWE 2K18 on Nintendo Switch will receive two playable versions of WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle: his WWE “American Hero” persona (2001) and his ECW “Wrestling Machine” persona (2006)‡. Digital WWE 2K18 customers will be able to download the Kurt Angle pack at no additional cost through December 13, 2017.

Developed collaboratively by Yuke’s and Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, WWE 2K18 is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB. WWE 2K18 is available now worldwide for the PS4™ system, Xbox One and Windows PC and starting on December 6 for Nintendo Switch.

For more information on WWE 2K18 and 2K, visit wwe.2k.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter andInstagram using the hashtags #WWE2K18 and #BLN1 or subscribe on YouTube.

Lars Sullivan is a bad motherfucker you guys. My favorite thing to do is Elimination Chamber where all 6 people are random. Well with the DLC pack I finally have enough to do one with the Downloaded guys. I created a title for them so they could do title matches. I also made it so you could only win by KO. Well Lars has won both of them! He is always gushing blood by the end but this beast will not die! I can't beat him!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Me and my mate were playing some random 6 man TLC matches with 4 random AI'd losers vying for the European titles against us.

The tl;dr ended up being AI Curtis Axel winning the title, and then retaining it in the next 3 matches.

I don't know what's with Curtis, but he's much more capable than his overall implies he is. But that's our fault for sleeping on the son of Perfect.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 09:59, Dang117 said:

With the money in the bank is possible to have two winners? One male and one female this year would fit in with what happened this year.

As best I can tell the game still only allows you to have one MITB holder at any given time.  The only workaround is to schedule, say, the women's MITB to open the show with the women's title match scheduled for the middle of the show as it was in real life.  Then you have the MITB winner cash in on the same night before the men's MITB happens at the end of the show.

What I did was only have a men's MITB at the PPV, but I will ensure the cash in happens before the Rumble.  Then at the Rumble I'll have a women's MITB on the undercard since you can't do a Women's Rumble or anything.  So the winner of that will have until the actual MITB PPV to cash in.

Speaking of which, another Rumble workaround is to temporarily deactivate all but 32 men from the Raw and SD rosters (be sure to put "mystery entrants" on one of the shows if you want them).  The World champions will be left out and the remaining 30 would be automatically put in the Rumble match.  Gives you at least some control over who might win since you can assure you've deactivated the schmucks you don't want to win.

12 hours ago, Nerf said:

You mean there are two kickout slivers? Because when that's happened to me it means the smaller one either reverses the pin into a pin of your own, or you grab the ropes to (hopefully) break the pin rather than kick out.

There are typically two slivers. If you kick out of the one on the left, it gives you a boost. If you also see a yellow sliver, that's the one that allows you to reverse a pinfall. That one only really pops up for school boys or other flash pins. 

31 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

There are typically two slivers. If you kick out of the one on the left, it gives you a boost. If you also see a yellow sliver, that's the one that allows you to reverse a pinfall. That one only really pops up for school boys or other flash pins. 

Huh? I've literally never seen two kickout slivers in this game, 2K17 or 2K16. There's always one red one to kick out, and then sporadically one to reverse the pin or grab for a rope break.

2 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Huh? I've literally never seen two kickout slivers in this game, 2K17 or 2K16. There's always one red one to kick out, and then sporadically one to reverse the pin or grab for a rope break.

HeQ8OiP.png

It's a bit hard to see, but there are three bars theere. The lighter red is a boost, the darker red is a normal kick out and the yellow is a pin reversal. 

• Like 1