WWE 2K18

Kyle

36 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

HeQ8OiP.png

It's a bit hard to see, but there are three bars theere. The lighter red is a boost, the darker red is a normal kick out and the yellow is a pin reversal. 

Whaaaaaat. I just assumed you got a momentum boost every time you kick out of a pin. The more you know.

18 hours ago, tristy said:

Doesn't it depend on what attributes or whatever the wrestler has? Every time I've hit the brighter green, it just builds up my meter faster. I don't think I've ever reversed a pin, yet.

@michgcs I haven't had any horrible glitches and I've had this game for a few weeks now. The only one that I can remember is I irish whipped someone inside the ring, and they phased through the ropes and ran up the entrance walkway. 

Thanks, I'm curious to hear what happened after that. Did the match end? Do you have to restart? Or did your opponent just jog back down to the ring?

1 hour ago, michgcs said:

Thanks, I'm curious to hear what happened after that. Did the match end? Do you have to restart? Or did your opponent just jog back down to the ring?

Just jogged back into the ring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/4/2017 at 14:13, munky said:

To be fair, I was kinda dragging the match out a bit to get more stars. It was basically an extended squash. I attemped a few pins towards the end that clearly should have ended the match.

The only part of the game that I consistently suck at is kicking out. I can have fun, competitive matches but if the CPU goes for the pin first, I'm fucked. Too bad there doesn't seem to be a slider for it.

I was in the same boat. Hadn’t played since WWE 2K13, and sucked royally at kicking out. Still kind of do but I manage here and there. 

One thing I can tell you is that you pretty much need a finisher to pin/submit somebody. This game doesn’t seem to like matches finishing on anything but that. You can have the lowliest jobber in purple and it wont matter. They always kick out of moves that aren’t finishers and wont submit to any submissions that aren’t finishers. I’m not saying thay is absolutely 100% the case but it’s mostly how things go. 

Also, every time you pin a guy and he kicks out, he gets a huge momentum boost which could be contributing to your losses (assuming you’re getting hit with signatures/finishers).

• Like 1

I haven't played one of these since 14. Do belts still float when CAWs have them? Also do I need PS Plus for community creations?

2K gets a shit ton of flak, and rightfully so, but I really can't imagine them releasing a game that actually operates that slowly.  Fair enough if I turn out to be wrong, but that's just begging for backlash if it's true.

59 minutes ago, tristy said:

2K gets a shit ton of flak, and rightfully so, but I really can't imagine them releasing a game that actually operates that slowly.  Fair enough if I turn out to be wrong, but that's just begging for backlash if it's true.

I wouldn't be surprised anymore, to be honest. I thought the same when 8-man matches were revealed to be in the game. I thought they wouldn't bother to include it if it ran like shit, but (at least at first), they really did. It probably runs fine when docked, and worse when handheld or something. I've seen other videos that do look and sound better than that video, though, so it very possibly could've just been a bad representation. If so, that one's on me, but I think I'd like to know how the game runs when docked and when handheld before I make any judgement calls.