WWE 2K18

Kyle

Okay, but it's not a competition. I'm just saying that I have had framerate issues in 8-man matches. I know it's not just me having this issue, though, so it's nothing to do with my hardware (being on PC), as I've heard other people on other consoles complain about it in other forums, quite a common thing.

26 minutes ago, Apsham said:

I would not at all be shocked if it runs like that undocked on the Switch. Third party on that thing has been terrible in some cases, compounded by publishers just wanting to get the game out by 'X' date.

Yup, I think that Rime port was really shoddy, and from what I've seen from Rocket League, it looks pretty low quality undocked (but Psyonix are pretty good with fixing shit, so I'm sure they will).

EDIT: maybe I'm wrong about Rocket League?

Oof. A decent Switch port would have been the only thing to sell me on this game - I've no interest in picking it up for PS4, but the idea of fiddling about creating CAWs or looking through Community Creations on a handheld console while something else is on the TV, or while in bed, made it somewhat more appealing. But it sounds truly dreadful.

Most shocking thing from that Kotaku interview is that it's 23GB despite all this shit - 10 gig bigger than Breath of the Wild!

12 hours ago, Christmas Owen said:

I wouldn't be surprised anymore, to be honest. I thought the same when 8-man matches were revealed to be in the game. I thought they wouldn't bother to include it if it ran like shit, but (at least at first), they really did. It probably runs fine when docked, and worse when handheld or something. I've seen other videos that do look and sound better than that video, though, so it very possibly could've just been a bad representation. If so, that one's on me, but I think I'd like to know how the game runs when docked and when handheld before I make any judgement calls.

For what it's worth, I haven't had a single issue with 8 man matches. The frame rate may drop a LITTLE, but it's barely noticeable unless you're actively inspecting the screen. When you're concentrating on the match, you don't even realise. I say this as somebody who is hyper critical of these games and how lazy they usually are.

Does this game have Adam Page's clothesline?

Or is the closest thing Ambrose's rebound one?

2 hours ago, Little Skummer Boy said:

Most shocking thing from that Kotaku interview is that it's 23GB despite all this shit - 10 gig bigger than Breath of the Wild!

This seems to be something that big multiplatform games are guilty of on the Switch. NBA 2k18 and LA Noire also had massive file sizes. There's clearly a difference in optimisation between games that have been developed first and foremost for the Switch and those that were ported from other systems.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nerf said:

For what it's worth, I haven't had a single issue with 8 man matches. The frame rate may drop a LITTLE, but it's barely noticeable unless you're actively inspecting the screen. When you're concentrating on the match, you don't even realise. I say this as somebody who is hyper critical of these games and how lazy they usually are.

But again, the framerate looked really, really bad at first and it was super noticeable (for me) in 8-man matches, and I was able to find other people on other forums with the same problem, so maybe it depends on the format or when it was played, but it was certainly a noticeable thing for me, and I don't ever usually notice things like that. Pretty sure it's better now, though, IIRC I played an 8-man match more recently and it ran a bit better.

I couldn't get over how great the CAWs look nowadays. My wife's cousin showed me an Adam Cole and Cody Rhodes that looked so good I thought they were included in the game. I know they have facial scanning and stuff but the last time I tried to do that I couldn't figure out how to get the default face off of the guy so he ended up having two faces, which was creepy as hell. :unsure:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Meacon said:

I couldn't get over how great the CAWs look nowadays. My wife's cousin showed me an Adam Cole and Cody Rhodes that looked so good I thought they were included in the game. I know they have facial scanning and stuff but the last time I tried to do that I couldn't figure out how to get the default face off of the guy so he ended up having two faces, which was creepy as hell. :unsure:

Some CAW's are simply stunning, but at the other hand some of them are gringetastically terrible in their attempt to look like real people, with the guy making it having just slapped on the scanned face and barely attempted to make it blend.

Also, sadly i'm stuck on the PC so there's less CAW's showing up, certainly not the really great ones you see on consoles.

But on the flipside, I've seen a lot of hacked CAW's from what I assume are from 2k16 and 2k17 show up, ones that didn't get put into 2k18. So that's nice!