WWE 2K18

Kyle

14 minutes ago, Baddar said:

The PS4 version is £23.49 at Argos. Worth it?

From what i've read on the WWE2k reddit and this thread, PS4 seems to be where it is at in terms of created content. So probably, yeah. If you can get the deluxe edition for 5-10 more, then that's a good deal too because a standalone season pass is more expensive.

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

Is there a technical reason why user-created content couldn't be universal across all the platforms or is it just a matter of the console manufacturers not wanting it?

If the game itself is completely the same (which it is), there should be little reason why it shouldn't be possible. It's probably a case of it being a chore to allow three different servers to communicate with each other for data rather than having three standalone servers.

And then there's the whole accounts thing, with PSN/Xbox/Steam accounts having to access the info of each other, which is a bit of an arduous process.

1 hour ago, =BK= said:

Someone on Reddit said there's a way to used Spotify as your soundtrack.

I'm pretty sure that just consists of going on Spotify and playing the song you want when they make their entrance. It's a little bit indirect, but I guess it works.

10 hours ago, Christmas Owen said:

I'm pretty sure that just consists of going on Spotify and playing the song you want when they make their entrance. It's a little bit indirect, but I guess it works.

yeah, it works if the song you're looking for is on Spotify I guess. Just open up the PS4 app in the background and fire up the song when your guy is entering using the remote function on your laptop/phone and it'll play in the background. Remember to set your CAW's entrance theme to 'none' first. Can't say I've bothered with it, though.

So I bought it this morning from Argos, and while it wasn't advertised, my copy came with the Kurt Angle pack so that's an added bonus.

@Nerf, got a difficulty/slider set you'd recommend? I saw the document posted a few weeks back which was essentially a massive overhaul of the entire roster. Not really looking to do that, but something that is a decent balance between being difficult enough that the AI can beat you, but not that they reverse absolutely everything you try in order to do it.

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

So I bought it this morning from Argos, and while it wasn't advertised, my copy came with the Kurt Angle pack so that's an added bonus.

@Nerf, got a difficulty/slider set you'd recommend? I saw the document posted a few weeks back which was essentially a massive overhaul of the entire roster. Not really looking to do that, but something that is a decent balance between being difficult enough that the AI can beat you, but not that they reverse absolutely everything you try in order to do it.

I'm not your man, then. I turn the AI Reversal sliders to maximum because I find reversing stuff too easy :lol:

Submitting to a bog standard armbar in the first 2 minutes is a different story altogether.

• Haha 1

Played about 10 matches this afternoon. 

Finding it hard to time reversals. Keep timing it too soon or too fast. Also I'm not a fan of the pinning system. I can't work out if pressing X starts the meter and then I need to find the sweet spot or if it starts automatically. Either way I lost matches with bog standard pins because of this. 

What submission system do you guys use? Not sure I really like the default mini game for it.

Also, it's weird how sometimes I can have a signature/finisher stored, stand up a groggy opponent and sometimes there's no prompt to do it despite that being the supposed position. Any idea why? A minute or so later I was able to pick my opponent up and then hit it like I normally would. Happened to me as Braun and Reigns where there was no prompt to begin with.

Just now, Baddar said:

Played about 10 matches this afternoon. 

Finding it hard to time reversals. Keep timing it too soon or too fast. Also I'm not a fan of the pinning system. I can't work out if pressing X starts the meter and then I need to find the sweet spot or if it starts automatically. Either way I lost matches with bog standard pins because of this. 

What submission system do you guys use? Not sure I really like the default mini game for it.

Also, it's weird how sometimes I can have a signature/finisher stored, stand up a groggy opponent and sometimes there's no prompt to do it despite that being the supposed position. Any idea why? A minute or so later I was able to pick my opponent up and then hit it like I normally would. Happened to me as Braun and Reigns where there was no prompt to begin with.

The meter starts automatically. You just need click X when it's in the red bar.

I like the button submission game. I hate the mini-game.

You might not have enough stamina to hit your finisher. Just stand and wait for the purple bar to fill up enough to hit your signature/finisher.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

When you download a community creation, especially the top rated ones, do they generally come with accurate move sets, or is that something you have to assign yourself? 

You can see in the details menu whether or not they did a custom move set, entrance, etc. and maybe some notes from the creator. 

Normally I'd say the top ones most likely do - but the fault with this system is that the first decent one goes to the top and no one bothers with the newer, possibly improved ones. Usually I search individually and go through them.

• Like 2

I downloaded a Punk and it said he had GTS 3 and the Anaconda as moves as I scrolled through the roster so either he had them or someone named a random move that way, if it's indeed possible. 

Might get the accelerator and NXT packs tomorrow. Finding the gameplay really fun. I tried a couple of matches as Finn earlier against No Way Jose. First one it looked like I was going to win, had my signature stored, but after rolling him up, he reversed it into a great looking pin and I panicked meaning he got the win. I chose to ignore the fact both of his legs were wrapped around the middle/bottom ropes as he did it. Won the next few rematches, however.

Then did an Uso's/New Day tag title match at the outdoor Mania arena. Went back and forth, but managed to hold on to the titles as the Uso's. Figured Kofi would try to break the pin up after my finisher but he just stood there. Do they ever try breaking pins up, and can you instruct your partner to break up a pin at any point?