WWE 2K18

Kyle

On 12/12/2017 at 05:26, Nerf said:

yeah, it works if the song you're looking for is on Spotify I guess. Just open up the PS4 app in the background and fire up the song when your guy is entering using the remote function on your laptop/phone and it'll play in the background. Remember to set your CAW's entrance theme to 'none' first. Can't say I've bothered with it, though.

I just tested this, worked surprisingly well. It appears also that spotify will just cancel whatever music is supposed to play, so no need even to remove entrance music. Think I’m gonna create a entrance playlist which will be good for both the game and just having another playlist for the car.

This is down to about £23 in some shops so I might pick it up tomorrow - it's either this or the L.A. Noire remaster but I'm still playing through GTA and Fallout so might be a nice change of pace to dip into WWE - is it worth getting for someone who'll probably primarily play Universe Mode and dick around with CAWs? Also, how much is the Season Pass in the UK because I can only find the US price?

Oh, I should also say that I haven't owned a game in the series since 2k13 so I'm not concerned about it being the same as last year. Although it might take me some getting used to the gameplay if it's dramatically different to a few years ago.

23 minutes ago, Adam said:

This is down to about £23 in some shops so I might pick it up tomorrow - it's either this or the L.A. Noire remaster but I'm still playing through GTA and Fallout so might be a nice change of pace to dip into WWE - is it worth getting for someone who'll probably primarily play Universe Mode and dick around with CAWs? Also, how much is the Season Pass in the UK because I can only find the US price?

Oh, I should also say that I haven't owned a game in the series since 2k13 so I'm not concerned about it being the same as last year. Although it might take me some getting used to the gameplay if it's dramatically different to a few years ago.

I’d say yes as you sound like you’ll do what I do. I primarily play Universe and make my own CAWS. My CAWS have their own universe. 

It’s also fun to throw together weird legends matches. 

I also hadn’t played since WWE 13. The game is flawed, badly in some aspects, but it’s fun anyway.

• Like 1

I think I'm going to go for it. The glitches and flaws don't fuss me too much as they can be funny and if I'm only dropping £23 quid on it (probably still less than £40 when I've got the Season Pass and stuff) I don't really mind anyway. Plus, the roster is staggering now, I did a quick list of what a Legends Universe Mode would look like (I split it up between 80s, late 90s and 2000s) and it was insane. Nearly 40 guys who could conceivably be in a 1980s world, and easily up to about 25 for the other two as well.

• Like 1

Aside from the graphical improvements over the last 5 or 6 years, the biggest change for me is the multi man matches. They have much more of a WWE feel to them now, with one or more superstars incapacitated outside the ring while the others wrestle.

Still think the blood is a bit shit though, in that a basic move like a DDT busts someone open if they've had enough damage to the head. Would rather blood to be there from chair/title shots. For that reason I've switched it back off like it is by default.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Aside from the graphical improvements over the last 5 or 6 years, the biggest change for me is the multi man matches. They have much more of a WWE feel to them now, with one or more superstars incapacitated outside the ring while the others wrestle.

Still think the blood is a bit shit though, in that a basic move like a DDT busts someone open if they've had enough damage to the head. Would rather blood to be there from chair/title shots. For that reason I've switched it back off like it is by default.

I think my boggest issues are too much emphasis on reversals, the stupid mini-games, and the fact that pretty much only a finisher will finish a match no matter how damaged the opponent is. I mean otherwise, gameplay is pretty fun, presentation is good, and creation areas are well executed. 

13 minutes ago, Christmas said:

I think my boggest issues are too much emphasis on reversals, the stupid mini-games, and the fact that pretty much only a finisher will finish a match no matter how damaged the opponent is. I mean otherwise, gameplay is pretty fun, presentation is good, and creation areas are well executed. 

Finishers or roll ups. Yeah, totally agree with that. I cannot find a good balance for reversals. It's either too many or too few. 

2 hours ago, Kevin "McD"allister said:

Finishers or roll ups. Yeah, totally agree with that. I cannot find a good balance for reversals. It's either too many or too few. 

My son use his caw and Cena vs. Bo Dallas. Bo Dallas had his damage color for his head grey! He still kicked out of everything. 

Another issue is the fact it'd take forever and a day to unlock all the legends, belts, arenas etc without the accelerator. I did a Rumble the other day and got under 100 points for the match which took almost 30 minutes. When you consider the cheapest legend is about 3000 points, it means you'd have a long slog ahead of you.

I know they want you to make that purchase and chances are I will very soon, mostly because 90% of creations use parts of superstars not unlocked at the start. Besides, I feel less bothered about buying it given the price I paid for a relatively new game.

• Like 3

Yeah, since they brought that feature in I've always used it. When I was a kid unlocking wrestlers was fun but nowadays it's a bit of a hinderance to what I want to do.

If they did a proper "season mode" as it used to be called and you unlocked wrestlers that way I'd do it because it'd be fun to play through career building up a midcarder and getting top guys/legends that way but it isn't designed in that manner anymore so there's not much point. Plus like you say the cheap retail price offsets spending on the extra stuff straight away.

• Like 2

2K is doing the same bullshit they pull in the NBA series with that stuff, because not only do you gain that money slow - it's also used for other things. So you have to choose.. do you want to unlock stuff or do you want to play MyCareer, etc. And it'll likely only get worse next year when I assume they shove the ability to buy the currency into the system. Using the Accelerator is really the only option and while thankfully it's cheap, just unlocking everything in one go isn't really exciting either.