2017 College Football Thread

They were awarded the fieldgoal even though it was an illegal act

I'm saying it right now: Butch Jones may be out of a job if the Volunteers don't beat Florida next year AND threaten to win the SEC East, if not actually win it. 

There are already plenty of fans around here calling for his head, because they feel the Vols should have dominated since the Gators had several suspended players. I don't agree, as I expected it to be a fairly close game, regardless, and they essentially did to the Vols what the Vols did to Georgia last year. The only difference is, the Bulldogs had better coverage on the Vols last year when Dobb hurled that hail mary than the Vols had on the Gators. 

On 9/18/2017 at 23:36, Meacon said:

Yeah, I can understand the Butch Jones hotseat talk.

And if Arkansas is going to do a Cowboy uniform tribute in honor of Jerry Jones, I hope they all get Jimmy Johnson style haircuts for his tribute. 

Personally, I'm against dumping Butch Jones any time soon. The team is getting better, and they lost the Florida game due to one mistake and dumb luck. The past two seasons, the team had garbage defense against the run. I was at the Missouri game last year, and the run defense looked a LOT worse in person. Plus, I think it would be another situation where they'd end up with a Derek Dooley. I've even heard people around here say they should bring back Lane Kiffin, and that is the last thing I would want. True, the team almost beat Alabama with him as the head coach (the team lost because their kicker, Daniel Lincoln, was garbage who couldn't have hit the broadside of a barn), but he's most trouble than he's worth due to his mouth.

I don't like those Arkansas uniforms at all. 

Edited by GhostMachine

Hey, Arkansas/A&M could be fun! :(

Also, does anyone know if Arkansas State vs. SMU is going to be broadcast tomorrow? ESPN3, maybe?