Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

My best guess is that they'll just act like Spider-Man has been around all along... maybe move him out of New York with Aunt May to separate him from the Avengers and her from Happy.

I would expect some type of cameo in Venom 2 to "introduce" him to that universe.

Though... that being said, Sony did Into the Spiderverse, and Endgame played with different realities/timelines... so, they could even just do something where Peter ends up being brought over to the same universe or reality that Venom took place in.

It's really grinding my gears though, that they effectively removed a lot of what makes Eddie Brock/Venom interesting, just so that they could pump out a movie with him in it... and now they decided not to renew their deal with Marvel, which brings Spider-Man back to them 100%. They must have had an idea that they might decline to renew, so why not just wait on Venom and do it right?

Either way, Tom Holland is fantastic in the role and I will be excited for whatever the next Spidey project is that he's in, but I really don't trust that Sony isn't going to just screw it all up again.

2 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Is there any confirmation that Tom Holland will continue to play Spider-Man? According to his wikipedia, he signed a six picture deal with Marvel Studios, not with Sony.

Holland confirmed it at the Disney Expo earlier today. He has two films left on his contract, and he will be reprising the role of Peter Parker for Sony for those two films at least.

13 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I mean, it's for a film about the damn Eternals.

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but are there good Eternals comics, because I've read the 70s Kirby ones and they're fucking shite.

I wonder with the Phase 4 announcement of movies up to 2022 now, right? When are we getting the X-Men ones?

Although, it only feels like a couple of years that Sony and Marvel struck a deal to share Spidey, when in reality it's almost been 5 years now, right? 

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

I wonder with the Phase 4 announcement of movies up to 2022 now, right? When are we getting the X-Men ones?

Although, it only feels like a couple of years that Sony and Marvel struck a deal to share Spidey, when in reality it's almost been 5 years now, right? 

Well CA:CW came out in 2016, so yea, probably around 5 years

Yeah, the interview with Tom Holland kind of is crazy because he keeps saying he was in 5 movies, too.

Also I was mistaken, the only movie announced for 2022 is Black Panther, which, 5 years after the first one, feels like a long time. I have confidence it'll be worth the wait, though. 

19 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Yeah, the interview with Tom Holland kind of is crazy because he keeps saying he was in 5 movies, too.

Also I was mistaken, the only movie announced for 2022 is Black Panther, which, 5 years after the first one, feels like a long time. I have confidence it'll be worth the wait, though. 

Its the only named one, there are 2 unnamed Marvel Studios projects for 2022

99limy97jmi31.jpg

1 minute ago, Benjamin said:

Is there still a Ms. Marvel film? I thought it's going to a series on Disney+?

It's in the above image as a Disney+ series