Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

maybe its the credit about an Arrested Development character being licensed for use?  Apparently its legit

See, I thought it was the fact that

Spoiler

there's this pause and black screen in the credits after they've finished detailing the leading actors and show the film title, where more often than not there's a post-credits scene. Instead it just starts up with the full credits a few seconds later.

It was hilarious in the theater I was at because a bunch of people started shushing the crowd after the title came and went, and when the crew credits started rolling there was this collective "ah, fuck, we're gonna have to wait another six minutes, aren't we" laughter.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Lint said:

maybe its the credit about an Arrested Development character being licensed for use?  Apparently its legit

Spoiler

Tobias Funke, in Blue Man Group getup, is among the Collector's collection when the Guardians arrive there.

dcbdb9aaf628d0cf29de35127b88cb78.png

Edited by tristy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GoGOceanea said:

See, I thought it was the fact that

Hide contents

there's this pause and black screen in the credits after they've finished detailing the leading actors and show the film title, where more often than not there's a post-credits scene. Instead it just starts up with the full credits a few seconds later.

It was hilarious in the theater I was at because a bunch of people started shushing the crowd after the title came and went, and when the crew credits started rolling there was this collective "ah, fuck, we're gonna have to wait another six minutes, aren't we" laughter.

Bingo. Same exact thing happened in my theater. 

4 hours ago, TheSqauredCircleMessiah said:

Bingo. Same exact thing happened in my theater. 

Yup, same for me!

Spoiler

I also had a couple sat next to me who waited for about seven of the eight minute credits, then left because they were bored of waiting. And I had a LOT of people who didn't have a clue what the significance of the symbol at the end of the post credits scene was.

Holy shit. Yeah, that was an experience, completely EPIC and amazing to watch. You can hear/read about it all you want, but you just have to see it to really believe it and take it all in, its that good. Can't wait to see it again. This movie. WOW.

This was the first movie I've seen since The Passion of The Christ (which I just saw out of curiosity) that after I left, I sat in silence.  After IW, I got in my car, didn't turn on the radio or my music, drove to the taproom I go to, and had a beer and just let the movie process in my mind.

I swear, it seems like the stuff in Wakanda takes up about 1/2 the movie, but it doesn't feel like it, and sweet gentle jesus

Peter talking to Tony as he's dying.  He's the "lucky" one, who has his Spider Sense to tell him something is wrong.  Him laying there, saying he doesn't want to die...fucking hell!

• Like 1

That was so damn good, random thoughts that I can think of.

Spoiler

- I love how they find ways to team up the heroes.  The fact they went out of their way to team up Winder Soldier and Rocket by having Bucky just pick up Rocket with one arm and holding a gun in the other and spinning in circles was easily the funniest part of the entire movie for me.

- Thor's knew hammer being part start part Groot is great, especially since it seemed to mature Groot.

- Spiderman winning battles by referencing old movies is a great running gag and needs to continue forever.

- Hulk being afraid and Banner taking out one of the Black Order on his own was a great way to make Banner relevent without the Hulk and prevent the issue from Ragnarok of him switching more.

- They really punch your emotions in the dick a lot in this movie.  Loki and Heimdall hit me the hardest, but half the cast fading away was insane, I figured it was coming but everytime a character I really liked faded it just hit me again and again, and I like most of the characters.

- I'm guessing when Strange said he say 14 million scenarios and they only won 1, he knew they had to let Thanos get the Time Stone and snap life out of existence.  I guess that means he saw Stark play a big role in that which is why he gave up the Stone to save him.

My slight nitpicky concerns:

- I'm a little concerned about what happened to Valkyrie, Korg and Meik.  I don't think Thanos killed all the Asguardians and these three just died off screen like nothing.  Maybe Heimdall was able to Bifrost a chunk of the people on the shop to Norway to prevent the extinction of Asguard, but I have no idea if there is another Thor movie in the works so I really hope they just didn't write Korg off like nothing.

- Was really hoping to see the Battle of Wakanda be going south then some orange circles open up and Wong and some wizards come to help.

26 minutes ago, Azazel said:

That was so damn good, random thoughts that I can think of.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Valkyrie! It somehow slipped past me that she and the others weren’t there! Yeah, I reeeeaaally hope they weren’t just cast aside.

On 4/27/2018 at 12:19, Maxx said:

The nitpicky cons that did nothing to impact my enjoyment of the movie:

Hide contents

- Maybe they are saving it for an Avengers 4 flashback but not showing us the destruction of Xandar seems like a huge missed opportunity.  We're familiar with that planet, we know what the Nova Corps can do, and Thanos devastated the planet before he had any of the stones and you aren't going to show us that?  It should have at least been alluded to in a post credits scene on a prior film.  Or maybe have the ship at the end of Ragnarok pick up a distress call from Xandar, warning that Thanos has attacked, right before his ship comes into view.

- Wasn't feeling Peter Dinklage's character.  He felt like he was overacting.  The forced perspective effects to make him look bigger weren't very well done.

- I'm ready for Groot to go back to Guardians Vol. 1 Groot now.  Teenage Groot doesn't do anything for me, and didn't  have much of a role at all besides making the axe handle.

- I don't love that Spidey hasn't matured very much since Civil War and Homecoming and he still feels like he's letting Stark down and needs to apologize to him.  Let's get him past that.  And its kind of absurd given the circumstances around their failure this time around that he'd still wind up blaming himself.  This one is waaaaaaay beyond you Pete.

- Didn't like the Iron Spider costume in the comics, don't love it here either.  We just got Spider-Man looking exactly as he should, let us enjoy that for awhile.

- While they did a good job of cementing Wanda and Vision's relationship, it hasn't been nearly fleshed out enough to carry as much emotional weight as they were hoping it would.  If they want to use Scarlet Witch in this way, they really need to start getting her some time in other films.  It's alluded to that she's really powerful, but we don't know very much about her powers or really much of anything about her, besides the fact that she loves Vision and didn't like getting locked up at Avengers HQ.   They really should run with the all female Avengers film at some point.

- Thor getting a new eye, booooo, long live eyepatch Thor!  Similarly booo Blonde Black Widow, long live red haired Black Widow!

Spoiler

My guess is that the destruction of Xandar will be the opening shot of a future Nova origin movie.

Worldwide, it broke the record by about $100m, shattering the Force Awakens' record. It's box office is at $640.9m right now. 

By comparison, Justice League's total cinema run was around $657m+. Infinity War almost reached that in it's opening weekend.

Because DC sucks.

Oh, and a Joe Russo Q&A the other day answered some questions about Infinity War and gave some background on a few things:

Spoiler

Valkyrie is alive. Joe was asked about Korg, and he didn't give an answer. Presumably because that's up to Taika Waititi.

Tom Holland improvised his death scene.

He was asked about Dr. Strange giving up the Time stone to Thanos, and implied that it was necessary to achieve victory in the end (mentioned the "this is the only way" line and the scene where Strange saw the 14 million possible futures).

Some Asgardians escaped on pods, so there are survivors.

Xandar was attacked off screen to save time and avoid repetition.

Edited by tristy

2 hours ago, tristy said:

Because DC sucks.

Oh, and a Joe Russo Q&A the other day answered some questions about Infinity War and gave some background on a few things:

Hide contents

Valkyrie is alive. Joe was asked about Korg, and he didn't give an answer. Presumably because that's up to Taika Waititi.

Tom Holland improvised his death scene.

He was asked about Dr. Strange giving up the Time stone to Thanos, and implied that it was necessary to achieve victory in the end (mentioned the "this is the only way" line and the scene where Strange saw the 14 million possible futures).

Some Asgardians escaped on pods, so there are survivors.

Xandar was attacked off screen to save time and avoid repetition.

Spoiler

Korg better be alive, he's a treasure.

I'm still betting on the destruction of Xandar being the origin story for a future Nova movie.

Infinity War 

Spoiler

I really loved it but all the deaths at the end didn't hit me as hard because I don't believe any of them will stick. Spidey was emotional thanks to Tom Holland but the rest were just kinda like "Yeah ok whatever". Like Black Panther just made a bajillion dollars he aint gone for good. Loki, Heimdal and Gamora were different though. I could see them all staying dead which really sucks.

I actually screamed with excitement at the Captain Marvel tease. Carol is one of my favorites and I can't wait. But yeah loved the movie with all the different characters getting to interact. Stark and Strange. Thor and "Rabbit". Cap and Black Panther. All so cool. They also made Thanos into a more complex and interesting character. I believed he was distraught after killing Gamora. Villains are so much better when they have layers.

Forgot about Red Skull too. That wasn't Weaving? When that scene started I turned to my GF and was like "I recognize that voice! Who is that?" and then when he showed up I was sure that was Weaving playing him.

3 hours ago, Pentashám Jr. said:

A more appropriate image would be Mickey Mouse placing another film into his Top Box Office Infinity Gauntlet. 

• Like 2