Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Infinity War 

Hide contents

I really loved it but all the deaths at the end didn't hit me as hard because I don't believe any of them will stick. Spidey was emotional thanks to Tom Holland but the rest were just kinda like "Yeah ok whatever". Like Black Panther just made a bajillion dollars he aint gone for good. Loki, Heimdal and Gamora were different though. I could see them all staying dead which really sucks.

I actually screamed with excitement at the Captain Marvel tease. Carol is one of my favorites and I can't wait. But yeah loved the movie with all the different characters getting to interact. Stark and Strange. Thor and "Rabbit". Cap and Black Panther. All so cool. They also made Thanos into a more complex and interesting character. I believed he was distraught after killing Gamora. Villains are so much better when they have layers.

Forgot about Red Skull too. That wasn't Weaving? When that scene started I turned to my GF and was like "I recognize that voice! Who is that?" and then when he showed up I was sure that was Weaving playing him.

Spoiler

It was not Hugo Weaving playing Red Skull.

I think they made the correct call in who was "killed" during the snap.  Mostly because I expected it to get undone either way. To me, Avengers 4 isn't a question of will they undo it, its more a question of how many of Ironman, Thor, Hulk, Widow, Rocket, War Machine, Okaye, M'Baku, Gamora (and likely Wong, Ant-Man, Wasp, Hawkeye and Shiri) will actually survive the battle.  Basically all the heroes who could die are the ones that are still there to have to fight Thanos again.

More IW spoilers and general musings regarding the future.

Many people are wondering 'how are they going to get back from this', and i'm mostly reminded of Dr. Strange checking his millions of possible futures and saying that there was only one man instance where they would all survive.

This is that instance, he knew everyone would die but at the end of the day they will manage to get the gauntlet back and snap the universe back into place, fix everything that Thanos has destroyed and bring peace back to the galaxy.

My biggest gripe with that scenario is mostly it being such a massive cop-out, since everyone that died would come back. And then you come with the annoying part of 'good guy logic' where not everyone gets brought back. And you'd go 'Well why not bring everyone back, why not bring back Pietro Maximoff who died in Ultron, and all those others that gave their life in the past 12 years'.

It's like the Dragonball scenario where they get wishes to bring people back, why would anyone settle for less than everyone? I think this will kill a lot of the emotional load, because if they'll fix the universe (which I assume they will, because what kind of shit resolution is to leave half the universe dead?) then there's no reason to be invested in the deaths of anyone until the stones are permanently destroyed and all bets are off again.

Just a gripe for me, and hence why I think they kept Cap/Tony alive because at the end of A4 they will probably retire or in another way step away from the life. Because again, there's no reason for them to become dead, or crippled, or anything else that might cause others to suffer, because they'd probably have gotten the gauntlet and can fix world hunger too if they had it.

I'm reminded of this TVTropes page. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ReedRichardsIsUseless

Either way, It won't matter because Marvel will make an immense story out of Avengers 4, that much is clear. And i'll be invested either way.

Edited by Jasonmufc

I saw it today, and here is THE most eloquant review of Avengers Infinity War you will ever read:

DAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and one massive spoiler:

There is a cutscene at the end, but it is after all the credits, not during them. And yes, it's extremely must-see.

Made ya look! :P

13 hours ago, Azazel said:
  Hide contents

Korg better be alive, he's a treasure.

I'm still betting on the destruction of Xandar being the origin story for a future Nova movie.

About this:

Spoiler

A theory floating around is that Thanos let half of the Asgardians escape (per his believe of balance) and Thor send Valkyrie and Korg with them to protect them.

Xandar will have to look for new Nova corps,so that make sense.

Edited by angeluzcr

4 hours ago, angeluzcr said:

You messed up your quote, but

Thor actually does say Thanos killed half his crew.  Read something with, I think, Joe Russo, that says Valkyrie is alive.  Korg depends on Taika Waititi wanting to come back to voice him

In the most :huh: news I've heard in a while, Ant-Man and the Wasp will be released in the US on July 6th and pretty much worldwide by July 8th, except in the UK when it's August 3rd.

Because... I have no idea. But I'm guessing avoiding spoilers for a month will be nigh on impossible.

9 hours ago, Chris2K said:

In the most :huh: news I've heard in a while, Ant-Man and the Wasp will be released in the US on July 6th and pretty much worldwide by July 8th, except in the UK when it's August 3rd.

Because... I have no idea. But I'm guessing avoiding spoilers for a month will be nigh on impossible.

To be fair we've gotten every other marvel film a week earlier than the rest of the world, it's a fair enough compromise.

On 04/05/2018 at 09:46, Benjamin said:

Posting the link below in spoilers as it essentially spoils Infinity War's ending, it's just a little bit of fun:

Hide contents

😥

On 04/05/2018 at 09:08, Ollie said:

To be fair we've gotten every other marvel film a week earlier than the rest of the world, it's a fair enough compromise.

I think we are also due to get Avengers 4 a week early too?

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Dr. Strange last night and it was really cool. I’m trying to watch stuff and catch up to Infinity War. So I’ve seen Spiderman Homecoming, both Guardians of the Galaxy, the first Iron Man, first Captain America, and the latest Thor. 

Planning on Black Panther and Civil War soon. What else am I missing? I think I saw some of Age of Ultron.

45 minutes ago, Los Ingobernables De VP said:

I watched Dr. Strange last night and it was really cool. I’m trying to watch stuff and catch up to Infinity War. So I’ve seen Spiderman Homecoming, both Guardians of the Galaxy, the first Iron Man, first Captain America, and the latest Thor. 

Planning on Black Panther and Civil War soon. What else am I missing? I think I saw some of Age of Ultron.

I think that's pretty much all. Age of Ultron is mainly relevant to the very start of Civil War, so you may be able to get by without watching it all again.

2 hours ago, stokerino said:

I think that's pretty much all. Age of Ultron is mainly relevant to the very start of Civil War, so you may be able to get by without watching it all again.

I think I have the basic idea of why the Civil War starts, but thats mostly from reading a synopsis of the comic books. I think my wife can probably fill in any blanks for me. I didn't care much for Age of Ultron from what I saw, which is probably unfair since I was watching it on an airplane while tired.