Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

16 minutes ago, Los Ingobernables De VP said:

I think I have the basic idea of why the Civil War starts, but thats mostly from reading a synopsis of the comic books. 

Well the Civil War movie starts for entirely different reasons than the original Civil War comics, so that may not help you...

If you're catching up to Infinity War and just want to watch the essentials I'd suggest...

Avengers, Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Civil War, Spider-Man, Ragnarok, Black Panther.

Age of Ultron, Doctor Strange and Guardians 2 are also pretty important but I wouldn't say they're essential for following the plot of Infinity War, but none of them are directly setting up Infinity War like the first lot are.

Kewl. 

I have to admit, I used to give a friend of mine shit (good natured) about how silly these superhero movies could be. 

Now I want to see them all, they’re so much fun. 10 year old me would have loved them. Hell, 33 year old me does. 

Speaking of, I heard Woody Harrelson is playing Carnage in the Venom movie? I love that guy so I like that. Is Venom going to be in the same Universe as the current crop? Actually, do the Netflix shows exist in the same Marvel universe as well? 

9 minutes ago, Los Ingobernables De VP said:

Kewl. 

I have to admit, I used to give a friend of mine shit (good natured) about how silly these superhero movies could be. 

Now I want to see them all, they’re so much fun. 10 year old me would have loved them. Hell, 33 year old me does. 

Speaking of, I heard Woody Harrelson is playing Carnage in the Venom movie? I love that guy so I like that. Is Venom going to be in the same Universe as the current crop? Actually, do the Netflix shows exist in the same Marvel universe as well? 

It's a smidge messy, due to rights issues. 

Venom, and any other Spidey-based spin-offs, are separate to the MCU. The latest Spider-Man film (Homecoming) and its upcoming sequel are both part of the MCU. 

The Netflix Marvel shows exist in the same Universe as the MCU films, as does Agents of SHIELD. However, there is very little crossover in AOS (though plenty of references), and there's literally the odd references in the Netflix shows. The Netflix shows are much more standalone / almost their own little universe. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Los Ingobernables De VP said:

So, knocked out Civil War this weekend. Not bad, but probably not one of my favorites either. I don't know, the ending felt abrupt for me and I guess I expected more from it? Not sure what I expected honestly. 

Are you watching the films in release order? I feel that one would certainly lise some of its kick without the earlier entries. 

13 hours ago, Jericode said:

So, interesting Spiderman 2 news...

Reveal hidden contents

I had heard about the former bit of news, but the latter is also fantastic if they can get the agreement! 

Avengers 4 synopsis, as revealed by License Global:

“A culmination of 22 interconnected films the fourth installment of the Avengers saga will draw audiences to witness the turning point of this epic journey. Our beloved heroes will truly understand how fragile this reality is and the sacrifices that must be made to uphold it.”

Went to see Deadpool 2 last night and it was fucking excellent. Genuinely enjoyed it more than the first despite going in and assuming I’d think the exact opposite.

The only thing I disliked is that I am gathering it gave away the ending to Logan. (which I have not seen...) 

On 30/04/2018 at 22:35, Azazel said:

That was so damn good, random thoughts that I can think of.

Hide contents

- Hulk being afraid and Banner taking out one of the Black Order on his own was a great way to make Banner relevent without the Hulk and prevent the issue from Ragnarok of him switching more.

Spoiler

About the Hulk being afraid, that was my take on it but there seems to be the perspective that the Hulk is sick of being used as a weapon to help a planet full of people that believe he's a monster. That seems to be the line that they are trying to officially push as well.(From an interview with the Russo's who were also apparently surprised at how a lot of people were assuming it was about being afraid. Also something about them wanting to explore Bruce Banner as a hero more and seeing him have to step up.)

As someone whose main frame of reference for Black Panther is Avengers:Earths Mightiest Heroes, M'Baku not being a total piece of shit kind of threw me a little when I watched Black Panther. I liked the character, don't get me wrong but it felt odd him not being a total bad guy from my admittedly limited perspective.

Edited by Noah

22 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Went to see Deadpool 2 last night and it was fucking excellent. Genuinely enjoyed it more than the first despite going in and assuming I’d think the exact opposite.

The only thing I disliked is that I am gathering it gave away the ending to Logan. (which I have not seen...) 

I saw it this weekend and also really liked it. Totally fun cast of heroes and villians. I expected it would be really good and was not disappointed.

Avengers 4’s entire story has leaked, coming from the same guy who correctly leaked what would happen in Infinity War.

Also, concept art is out there and has some spoilers for what’ll happen to a few people. One in particular is pretty crazy.

11 minutes ago, tristy said:

Avengers 4’s entire story has leaked, coming from the same guy who correctly leaked what would happen in Infinity War.

Also, concept art is out there and has some spoilers for what’ll happen to a few people. One in particular is pretty crazy.

Now here's to hoping I can avoid those spoilers for a year!

I'll put it out there for anyone that's interested:

Spoiler

Iron Man reassembles the Avengers and decides to build his own Infinity Gauntlet to undo everything that Thanos did. They recruit Ant-Man to help them travel through time and space using the Quantum Real to retrieve the Infinity Stones from different time periods. Thanos finds out about their plans and becomes hellbent on stopping them.

The movie revolves around the relationship between Captain America and Iron Man.

At one point, Captain America and Thor fight Thanos. Timeline alterations have restored Mjolnir, and Cap wields it against Thanos to allow the others to escape, and is killed holding Thanos off.

At one point, Hawkeye must protect the unfinished Stark Gauntlet from Thanos’ minions. He plays an “instrumental” role in Thanos’ defeat.

Thor’s subplot centers on him assembling an army to challenge Thanos. Captain Marvel joins him.

Hulk’s subplot centers on Banner and Hulk finally merging to become Professor Hulk. He is the one that ultimately wields the Stark Gauntlet against Thanos, losing his arm in the process.

Nebula’s subplot centers on her efforts to redeem herself. At one point, she fights her murderous past self.

Several MCU movies are revisited and retconned (probably not permanently), such as the Avengers retrieving the Power Stone creating a timeline where the Guardians of the Galaxy never came together.

There’s a pivotal scene between Doctor Strange and a fully CGI character being shot on a secret location, with a skeleton crew, and which takes up a sizeable portion of the budget.

Only two of the original Avengers (Cap, Stark, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Widow) meant to survive the movie. Cap dies.

The title was AVENGERS: INFINITY GAUNTLET at one point, but it might be changed after Zoe Saldana accidentally leaked it.

Concept Art:

Spoiler

De7SlwGUEAA38s0.jpg:large

For what it's worth, some tidbits could be wrong. In the original 4chan post for Infinity War, there were certain things that were wrong, but the guy got 95% of the story right. Just minor details wrong.