Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

15 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Actually it's mostly due to them being run by different teams, they probably wanted to initially, but realized the logistics were near impossible. To have characters from the show be involved in the movie, the show would have to know exactly what was going to happen in the movie to incorporate the show character in so that their timelines would match. They tried it initially with things like the SHIELD helicarrier in season 2 of AoS, but it came off clunky as the movie premiered the week before that episode aired.

Plus, a movie has a cinema run for weeks. People would be spoiled by something in the movie if they saw show characters reacting or being involved in a portion of the movie.

Besides that, I'm pretty sure the show writers didn't really like having to play second fiddle to the movies and what directions they were going in, having to cram in movie-related stuff into the show so that it'll fit while still telling their own show.

Well, AoS did mention a few things the week after a movie has premiered (Civil war,Ant Man,Age of Ultron,Iron Man 3,etc),nothing too specific,but minor spoilers, and sometimes the week before that is intended to set something in the movie but not fully neccesary to understand (Age of Ultron) and of course the biggest one:the episode that aired the week after the release of Winter Soldier.

20 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

That sounds like a preposterous rumour, really. Because by all accounts the Whedon's had to run everything past Quesada/Feige and Co. before they started the show. It would make no sense for the show to bring back Coulson (in their pilot episode!) without anybody knowing.

I think they've just decided to not involve the series into the film canon because of the vast difference in viewership between the two medias. It would be a huge ask for the movie going public to ALSO be fully schooled in what happened on the Netflix show, or on Agents of SHIELD.

Here's my thing...obviously not everyone who watches the movies also watches AoS and the Netflix shows.  But its pretty damn sure everyone who watches the shows also watches the movies.  Just give the TV fanbase a little nod every now and then.  Like in Infinity War...a short scene...Thanos's force is decending on New York.  Tony's AI Friday says something like "I've detected more of Thanos's troops descending on New York."  Tony says something about how no Avenger can be there in time.  Cut to Fury saying something like "Don't worry, I've got some friends.  New York is defended..." and then a quick scene of The Defenders fighting Thano's army. 

Feige has said in the past that he didn't want to "insult" TV fans with "a short cameo"...but seriously, THATS WHAT WE WANT!

Exactly what I think, I don't want a big subplot about the defenders or AoS in the movie, just a small cameo as an eastern egg...I remember the 90's X-men cartoon doing that kind of thing and It was great.....

I generally love heist-y films, and I felt that the chemistry was there from the start. Especially between Rudd and Pena who just played so extremely well off eachother you'd be mistaken to think it's a tv series that was running for 5 seasons.

Ultimately it's a non-film in the grand scheme of Marvel, but in fun factor I rate it just below the first Guardians (haven't seen 2 yet) because what it lacks for in focus it more than makes up for it in affableness and enjoyability. Also whilst I gave no fucks for the bad guy or all the motivations, the big final fight was pretty damn epic for all the right reasons. Mainly because it kept its humour intact throughout.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Is Ant-Man in any collab films? I feel like he'd be great with some of the other Avenger members. 

He was in Civil War which is basically an Avengers movie in all but title, and he'll be in Avengers: Infinity War Part 1.

Watched Captain America: Civil War the other day. I had no idea Spiderman was in it, but I really like the kid who plays him. Really fun movie, maybe top 3 of all the ones I've watched so far. Was kind of nice to have a movie that didn't have a traditional bad guy and was just the group infighting. 

• Like 4

Yeah, it's definitely my favorite. The Cap movies are actually seriously bad ass, probably the best of the MCU films, even if it's because each one had their own hook (First Avenger had WWII backstory, Winter Soldier had the fall of SHIELD, and Civil War of course had Team Cap versus Team Stark). Collectively, they might be better than the two Avengers films put together.

I watched Guardians 2, and I fucking loved every second of it. Managed to stay extremely humorous, yet have serious beats throughout. The only thing that really fell flat was Quill's entire adventure, up until the big finale that brought it all together again.

Loved Yondu, Rocket, and Kraglin's big adventure whilst the rest of the cast was on their little vacation. Baby Groot was fucking amazing, and is surely to be Marvel's answer to the minions craze. And I even loved a certain Sly person making a notable cameo, and he fit pretty well too I felt.

The whole ship fight with the above three was amazingly done, and both funny and badass at the same time. And I also loved the little nods and references strewn throughout, like the Sovereign drone-consoles having Arcade/Atari sounds.

I'd say the only thing that really drug was the stuff with Kurt Russell, which is a shame because I love him and I liked the way he played his character. But it wasn't very riveting, and it was pretty bland, boring, and felt unneccesary up until the finale where it started to matter. It also felt cliché, but unlike other cliché's in Guardians, it didn't feel like a good cliché.

But once the action started, the film came into its own with fight spectacles that are easily prettier and more fantastical than the other Marvel films. And the banter between the main cast was second to none, with Draxtista really coming into his own as a big deadly doofus.

And yes, they managed to make me emotional in the end, extremely fair play to Michael Rooker being such a great actor.

3 minutes ago, livid said:

Yeah the Cap franchise is definitely my favorite, especially Winter Soldier. The fight choreography for them is just off the charts.

The first battle sequence between Steve/Bucky/Natasha was absolutely brilliant. 

Edited by Jasonmufc

• 2 weeks later...

Evangeline Lilly shared a picture of The Wasp..

emq59er1jjiz.jpg

I wonder what her favorite shop on The Citadel is...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lint said:

Evangeline Lilly shared a picture of The Wasp..

Hide contents

emq59er1jjiz.jpg

I wonder what her favorite shop on The Citadel is...

The word 'ants' on the board look suspiciously like another word.

7 hours ago, Twist said:

The word 'ants' on the board look suspiciously like another word.

Well it is aunts..