Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

25 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

Lets get some theories going then, spoiler them because who knows right?

I wanna see some after credit theories and some story theories.

Story / Deaths / Post-Credits:

Spoiler

A bit tricky as we don't know the ultimate end goal, but I suspect Cap will be killed off, possibly Iron Man too, in a fight that puts a temporary halt to Thanos' plans (to be resolved in Avengers 4). This keeps the world normal enough for Antman and The Wasp to have their own self-contained story afterwards. 

I think we will get 3 post-credits scenes - one immediately at the conclusion to the film, one after the stylised credits and one at the very end. 

Post-Credits 1: A teaser for Falcon to take over from Steve Rodgers
Post-Credits 2: Something to up the Eternals
Post-Credits 3: A teaser for the 'return' of Captain Marvel. 

Few theories I currently have on Infinity War and the future:

Spoiler

Vision is almost certainly dying since he has an Infinity Stone in his head, and I feel like if Thanos doesn't get them all at some point between the two Avengers movies it'll be pointless having so many of them. Isn't there one yet to be revealed still?

Steve Rogers seems the next most likely to die, with Bucky/Falcon taking up the Captain America mantle. Probably Bucky.

Ironman will survive but step back a bit further, maybe hide out in Wakanda and have a side role in Black Panther 2 to check out their tech.

I think Hawkeye will have some role in Antman & The Wasp since he's seemingly the only character in the entire franchise other than the Antman group who isn't in Infinity War.

I think Thor will have a cameo/guest role in Guardians 3. I also think one of Gamora/Nebula will die and we'll get Nova in as a replacement after a solo film.

Norman Osbourne will get a proper introduction in Spiderman 2 before being the big bad of Spiderman 3. However, if Venom does well then I could see a Sinister Six film coming in instead, since they wanted to go that way with Garfield's Spiderman.

I think Phase 4 will have some combination of the following: Spiderman 2 (confirmed), Guardians 3 (confirmed), Nova, Moon Knight, Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2, and Avengers 5, with Antman 3 tacked on the end again. Depends how big a phase they have planned and what the future is because honestly who knows with potential X-Men, Fantastic 4, and Deadpool MCU options. Isn't Namor still on the cards somewhere? I could see him crop up as a Black Panther villain before changing sides. Wakanda vs Atlantis would be pretty sweet. 

Blade will get a Netflix series after cameoing in one of the other series' first, similar to Punisher.

There's a good chance these spoilers are fake, but who knows. It's fun either way. Reddit is getting flooded with spoilers, and they all have the same general idea, with some details changed. But...

Spoiler

Spider-Man, Black Panther, Drax, Bucky, Dr. Strange, The Vision, Gamora, Wong and some others all die. The snap is the cause of 98% of those. Loki dies in the first 10-20 minutes of the movie. Gamora sacrifices herself to Thanos to save the people she's fighting with at that moment. Post credits, Fury contacts Cap, tells him he knows of someone who can help them, alerts Captain Marvel with a pager or something (with her logo on it), and then disintegrates into dust.

Again, don't click that if you don't want spoilers. Like I said, they might be fake, they might be real. It's hard to tell.

Edited by tristy

5/5 from Empire and Total Film / Gamesradar
9/10 from IGN
4/5 from The Guardian (Bradshaw)

Going to see this at midnight tonight. I've seen a few guesses at who may or may not die but I've been largely trying to avoid spoilers so I'll check back and see who got closest later >_>

Just saw this tonight. It’s good, very good even.

But...(big spoilers ahead)

So Dr. Strange saw ~14 million alternate futures, with only 1 showing a “victory” for the universe. So this future required Thanos to accumulate all the stones and achieve what he wanted all along? Now obviously there’s the sequel (which may show that all the “deaths” that occurred aren’t permanent) but until we know that for sure - this move makes no sense. Thanos was going to eliminate half the universe regardless - why allow him to meet that end in a quick fashion? Hell they almost beat him a few scenes prior to this until Starlord fucked it up.

I can also see (if the deaths are permanent) a whole explanation revolving around Thanos being less dangerous without the gauntlet than letting him roam around with it on (but incomplete)

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR FILM REVIEW: A CELEBRATION OF MEDIOCRITY ON A SCALE THE CINEMA HAS NEVER SEEN BEFORE

By Luke Buckmaster

Wow I understand these movies won't be for everyone but that review seems way too harsh already and that's only the headline.

Edited by Molly

2 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I bet that guy thinks he is smarter than everybody and has to try and prove it by hating something popular.

I prefer the people who hate them because they're fans of the genre and just refuse to admit the movies can be good just because the movies don't match up to their exact vision of how a movie superhero universe should be.

Some of those people are actually funny. Like the guy saying that Spiderman Homecoming was the worst movie ever made because he wasn't 33 years old and married to Mary Jane. :lol:

23 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Urge to open spoiler tag rising....

Honestly, what’s in the spoiler tags doesn’t spoil much of anything. Two things from the plot, sure, but it’s nothing that’ll ruin enjoyment of the film. But if you’ve avoided trailers up until this point - yeah, don’t open it up.

Just now, tristy said:

Honestly, what’s in the spoiler tags doesn’t spoil much of anything. Two things from the plot, sure, but it’s nothing that’ll ruin enjoyment of the film. But if you’ve avoided trailers up until this point - yeah, don’t open it up.

I won't open it, my anticipation for this movie just went from like a 60 to a 100 now that I actually have tickets and waiting another 98 hours is going to be really, really hard.