Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

I don’t think anyone here is going to confirm it for you, I’m just curious as to what it is, to be honest. I already know what happens, but I wouldn’t dare ruin the film for anyone else. Whatever you think is best, though.

Just so happy about the movie. Don't want to type out my thoughts and stuff right now, especially on mobile, but it's just the nice kind of happy I haven't felt in years and especially needed right fucking now. At least tonight I'll forget about troubles and just be content.

Just got back from it, holy shit.

I can't really go into any detail cos my mind is still all over the place and I need to sleep but for the sake of niceness all I'll say is my first thought after seeing it was

This film is our generations The Empire Strikes Back. And it should be every bit as lauded and acclaimed tbh.

Btw How many stingers did you see?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Just got back from it, holy shit.

I can't really go into any detail cos my mind is still all over the place and I need to sleep but for the sake of niceness all I'll say is my first thought after seeing it was

Reveal hidden contents

Btw How many stingers did you see?

Regarding post cred scenes:

Spoiler

stayed until the screen went green, there's only one, right?

I have like a minor gripe regarding the movie and another for the future of the franchise as a whole, but they're super minor and they have not taken away my complete enjoyment from the film whatsoever.

I have like a minor gripe regarding the movie and another for the future of the franchise as a whole, but they're super minor and they have not taken away my complete enjoyment from the film whatsoever.

Okay so I'm quoting myself, but blah. Just wanted to type it out, but my very minor gripe about the film is:

Spoiler

I didn't like how Wanda, who essentially accidentally killed a bunch of Wakandans in Civil War and sort of set the whole noise of the Sokovia Accords in motion, just walked into Wakanda and none of it was mentioned in any way. I felt like it should have been referenced, or some sort of dialogue regarding it and how she didn't mean to and how Wakanda didn't blame her should have been acknowledged at least. Very minor thing, but a lot of this movie just swept a lot of Civil War under the rug, especially that one which I feel is pretty big. Wanda's just walking around Wakanda with everybody not really caring, and they're even very nicely trying to save her boyfriend and Okoye even has to be all like "Damn, she's so powerful" and stuff which I feel detracts a lot from Wakanda and the emotional pull Wanda had in Civil War. 

And the minor spoiler thing regarding the future of the franchise:

Spoiler

I mean, they could have cloaked a lot of nearly every character that died through the finger snap going to come back by not killing the characters that already had sequels announced. Made little sense to also kill Parker and the Guardians, plus why off Black Panther?

It didn't escape me though, that all the original Avengers did not perish, which probably means they all die so that Avengers 2.0 can live on into Phase Four :P 

NFL Draft tonight, so seeing it tomorrow afternoon. Cannot wait. 

Ok so some thoughts on it.

Its definitely Thanos film. I was worried it'd seem rushed since he's not had any really backstory but they did a great job showing his motivations and his own internal struggle to follow it through, I.e. with the soul stone. I had heard they were teasing towards the finger snap but I wasn't sure if they'd actually be able to go through with it so yeah that was a shocker. I sort of expected they'd end it before Thanos got all 6 stones and that would lead into the final showdown in chapter 4.

So are the Infinity Stones destroyed then? The Gauntlet looked all busted up after the snap but if they are, how can they resolve it? Obviously the snap will need to be reversed somehow. I was gobsmacked for a moment when Black Panther faded away since they've literally just launched his franchise, so clearly him, Strange, Spidey etc aren't gone for good which I felt sort of undermined it a little? I felt if one or more of the original Avengers had died it would lend more weight but that's a minor gripe.

Spidey though. That was probably the hardest one, with him crying "I don't want to go". His interactions with Iron Man are always great but that was heartbreaking.

I didn't expect the Black Order to all get taken down as well. Genuinely did not expect Red Skulls cameo, I was sitting there trying to figure out who that voice was. Excellently done without feeling too forced.

Drax was hilarious as usual, his invisibility bit was great. Genuinely thought he and Mantis were goners early on in Knowhere. I expected a few deaths so was falling for pretty much every tease, like Iron Man on Titan. Found it funny that everyone was debating who would die between Cap and Stark and they turn out to be 2 of the very few who actually survive.

Need to stop before I ramble on more. Really need to see it again to pick up more on stuff. Early doors yet but I'd put it top 3 easily and it's possibly rivalling the original Avengers.

Some other thoughts and theories I've heard:

Spoiler

I think the Infinity Stones are still intact, and I just heard the theory that sounds very plausible and I don't like that someone now told it to me:

So the reason Ant-Man isn't in it is so that he can shrink down to a minuscule size, and enter the soul stone, where all the dead people have gone. So sad that I know this now, it seems very very plausible!

Also, I had the idea floated to me that there are six Stones, six original Avengers, and each one are going to destroy each Infinity Stone somehow. That one seems a lot more unlikely, but I wouldn't be surprised.