Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

As in the order they take place?  

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

Iron Man (2008)

The Incredible Hulk (2008)

Iron Man 2 (2010)

Thor (2011)

The Avengers (2012)

Iron Man 3 (2013)

Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Ant-Man (2015)

Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Black Panther (2018)

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

Doctor Strange (2016)

Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Antman And The Wasp (2018)

Isn't Ant-Man and the Wasp a little more nuanced than that? Like, it pretty much takes place slightly before and during Infinity War? 

7 hours ago, DFF said:

Isn't Ant-Man and the Wasp a little more nuanced than that? Like, it pretty much takes place slightly before and during Infinity War? 

Yeah. The end of Ant-Man and the Wasp lines up with the end of Infinity War, but the rest of it isn't super clear. So I would assume that would be viewed prior to Infinity War if you're watching it in chronological order, as it doesn't really give anything away. Especially if you haven't seen Infinity War yet. If you watch the end of Ant-Man and the Wasp, it leaves you wondering what the hell... which is then explained in Infinity War.

On 12 November 2018 at 13:17, Gabriel said:

Has Marvel ever released an official chronological order for the MCU films? I've found a few online, but they all seem to have discrepancies. I'm just thinking of undertaking the gargantuan task of watching all of the movies again prior to Captain Marvel/Avengers 4.

I've done both the chronological and release orders, and IMO doing it its release dates are a lot more enjoyable. If you're rewatching everything, which doesn't seem such a daunting task to me because I've been doing it every year since like 2015 since I have no life, I'd recommend that. 

Plus, you get to leave the ones you've watched the most recent last, so it feels fresher too.

Marvel themselves said Ant-Man & The Wasp takes place just before Infinity War (except for the post credits scene obviously). Scott Lang was on house arrest during the events of the Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Black Panther & Thor movies. Given that IW itself is over the span of a few days, according to Marvel, I'd put the events of Ant-Man & The Wasp a few weeks before Infinity War with the post credit scene happening at the tail end of that timeline of events in Infinity War, but that part is just head canon since I'd like to believe they waited a little bit before immediately jumping back into work (since Lang gets off house arrest and Hope & Hank are reunited with Janet).

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently they showed the trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home at Brazil Comic-Con. No word on when the trailer drops online, though.

• 1 month later...

It does look amazing but I really wish they'd waited till Endgame was done before releasing the trailer. Everyones obviously coming back but come on, space it out a bit :(

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kaney said:

It does look amazing but I really wish they'd waited till Endgame was done before releasing the trailer. Everyones obviously coming back but come on, space it out a bit :(

I dunno.  Marvel does get a little funky with their timelines when they release movies.  GOTG2 only took place a few months after the first despite coming out years after. Antman and the Wasp came out after Infinity War and took place kinda before/during it.  They could just place this movie as happening before Infinity War.

I doubt thats the case though

According to Wikipedia, it takes place after End Game but that doesn't mean it's true. It is a fair question especially since it doesn't seem like he's using his suit he got in Infinity War. 

That being said, they couldn't really wait to release the trailer until after End Game because the movie comes out like 2 months after End Game.

The other things to keep in mind also are that we have no idea about what Endgame is going to bring us. It could be time travel, alternate realities, or any number of other things going on in that movie.

So, it's entirely possible that in the reality that we've been watching the MCU in, Peter Parker and the others are just gone. Maybe that's how they are going to be re-setting the MCU for phase four? Or different timelines. Maybe Far From Home takes place after Endgame simply because the result of Endgame sees the universe restored through time travel, and in the timeline where Thanos is defeated, Peter Parker never got off the bus to go help, or if he did, maybe he listened to Stark and bailed from the ship before they got into space.

This trailer didn't give anything away other than the fact that Spider-Man is coming back for another movie. There's no how involved in the trailer, and nothing to spoil what's still to come before Far From Home lands in July.