Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

I read Tristys post. It is like 15-20 paragraphs long. If someone accidentally opened the spoiler tag they would have to substantially read it to be spoiled. It just describes in general detail every portion of the movie up until Mickey Mouse joins the MCU and kills Thanos and makes out with Spiderman.

• Like 2

I think I basically just saw one of the last handful of Captain Marvel showings in a cinema with 12 people in. Nice. I think we were the only ones to leave after the mid credit scene too, leaving the dedicated 10.

I liked it, but I'm very wary I'm hitting superhero fatigue at just the wrong time. :(

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

I've seen a fuckton of movies from about 10 decades the past 6 years, and that was easily the best movie I've ever seen.10/10. 

I'm watching it again in like 12 hours, and I already can't wait.

Seeing it tonight at midnight! How many stingers then?

2 hours ago, Kaney said:

Seeing it tonight at midnight! How many stingers then?

Spoiler

No after credits scenes, like Infinity War. I'd recommend staying back still for the five minutes of credits, I thought the music was incredible.

Spoilers are for if there are any after credit scenes, and if so, how many.

• Like 2

5/5 Empire
5/5 Guardian (Bradshaw)
9.5/10 IGN
4/5 Total Film/Gamesradar

21 hours ago, tristy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ENDGAME SPOILERS
Don't click that spoiler box unless you want to know the entire movie. It's from a verified user by the mods of MarvelStudiosSpoilers on Reddit.

I don't know how I feel about most of that.

How about from now on till the rest of eternity we just don't post spoilers like this, before the film or show or whatever is released, like at all? If we wanted to read spoilers we'd go to a place that posts them. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

How about from now on till the rest of eternity we just don't post spoilers like this, before the film or show or whatever is released, like at all? If we wanted to read spoilers we'd go to a place that posts them. 

Nah.

• Like 1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's hidden behind two spoiler boxes and warnings, so, again - have some self control if you're avoiding spoilers. There are obviously people who read them. And like it's already been said, it's not against the rules. If a new rule is made, then okay, that's fair.

11 hours ago, Benjamin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoilers are for if there are any after credit scenes, and if so, how many.

These are the kind of spoilers I like. The "will it be worth delaying sleep further when it's already c.3am" type of spoilers. :lol: 

Anyhoo. My Infinity War screening starts in about 90 minutes. I imagine that a cinema screen full of the kind of nuts who have signed up for the double-bill/midnight showing will be kind of fun (at least in the first film which everybody's already seen).

• Like 3

Some thoughts, after time to process it :

I wasn't keen on fat Thor, I think they went a bit too far in that direction but it was awesome seeing Korg again.

I didn't expect Black Widow to die, I thought it would be Hawkeye but it was so obvious once the plan was laid out one of them was gonna go. I thought more would have been done with the Red Skull to tie up that loose end but eh.

I loved the tease of the elevator scene from The Winter Soldier, and having Cap reference the infamous Hail Hydra line was clever.

Speaking of Cap, the moment he started using Mjolnir against Thanos was the first time I've ever heard a theatre actually gasp.  Really awesome fight sequence as well.

I'm glad they went the time travel route rather than everyone-was-in-the-soul-gem-all-along. I felt it was quite an awkward series of events going around getting the stones back, it didn't feel like it flowed as well as Infinity War but I'll need to rewatch it a few more times before passing judgement.

I had expected Captain Marvel to be more utilised? The part where she no sold Thanos punches when grabbing the gauntlet were awesome but apart from that and bringing down the ship, she was absent for a whole lot. They made a huge thing about her being the most powerful being in the MCU and that she'd be the one to take Thanos down once and for all but it ended up being one of the original lot after all.

Speaking of which, ugh, poor Tony. I anticipated almost the same scenario except with Cap instead. It was really sweet to see Rodgers finally get his girl though. Was it just me or was there a random guy at Starks funeral that I couldn't place? Just before it panned to Danvers and Fury.

My wife and I argued on the way home over the funniest line, it was either the build-a-bear one about Rocket or Korg complaining about the troll online.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Some thoughts, after time to process it :

Hide contents

I wasn't keen on fat Thor, I think they went a bit too far in that direction but it was awesome seeing Korg again.

I didn't expect Black Widow to die, I thought it would be Hawkeye but it was so obvious once the plan was laid out one of them was gonna go. I thought more would have been done with the Red Skull to tie up that loose end but eh.

I loved the tease of the elevator scene from The Winter Soldier, and having Cap reference the infamous Hail Hydra line was clever.

Speaking of Cap, the moment he started using Mjolnir against Thanos was the first time I've ever heard a theatre actually gasp.  Really awesome fight sequence as well.

I'm glad they went the time travel route rather than everyone-was-in-the-soul-gem-all-along. I felt it was quite an awkward series of events going around getting the stones back, it didn't feel like it flowed as well as Infinity War but I'll need to rewatch it a few more times before passing judgement.

I had expected Captain Marvel to be more utilised? The part where she no sold Thanos punches when grabbing the gauntlet were awesome but apart from that and bringing down the ship, she was absent for a whole lot. They made a huge thing about her being the most powerful being in the MCU and that she'd be the one to take Thanos down once and for all but it ended up being one of the original lot after all.

Speaking of which, ugh, poor Tony. I anticipated almost the same scenario except with Cap instead. It was really sweet to see Rodgers finally get his girl though. Was it just me or was there a random guy at Starks funeral that I couldn't place? Just before it panned to Danvers and Fury.

My wife and I argued on the way home over the funniest line, it was either the build-a-bear one about Rocket or Korg complaining about the troll online.

Spoiler

The random guy was the kid from Iron Man 3. Yeah, I have no idea why he was there either. I guess he was sort of important to Iron Man's story?

A question Kaney asked in his spoilered thoughts. 

• Like 2