Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

6 hours ago, Gazz said:

Reply to the second spoiler box above

Reveal hidden contents

And to carry on that explanation

Spoiler

4L6tN5u.png

In Branch timeline 3 where Loki escapes, not in the timeline which we perceive until the end being the main timeline

Also:

Spoiler

When Thanos fought off Captain Marvel and secured the gauntlet, Tony looked at Strange who held up one finger (reminding Stark that there was one path to victory) - that shit gave me goosebumps

And potential plot hole:

Spoiler

Nebula knew that Thanos sacrificed Gamora to gain the soul stone - so why did they send Nat and Cliff with no idea of what was to come.

25 minutes ago, iDOL said:

Also:

Reveal hidden contents

When Thanos fought off Captain Marvel and secured the gauntlet, Tony looked at Strange who held up one finger (reminding Stark that there was one path to victory) - that shit gave me goosebumps

And potential plot hole:

Reveal hidden contents

Nebula knew that Thanos sacrificed Gamora to gain the soul stone - so why did they send Nat and Cliff with no idea of what was to come.

Spoiler

I hear you on that. I pretty much feel like Nat, who was running point on everything before they all came back together, had it planned that way because she was ready to sacrifice herself for everyone else.

Ultimately, they knew someone had to make that sacrifice, surely.

I am absolutely blown away.

Spoiler

I absolutely want a Cap movie with him returning all the stones. How do you think the conversation on Vormir went? "Steve, son of Joseph. Yeah this is what happened to me after that whole World War thing. How are things with you? Destroyed Hydra single handedly you say? Wait what happened to Germany?!"

1 hour ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I hear you on that. I pretty much feel like Nat, who was running point on everything before they all came back together, had it planned that way because she was ready to sacrifice herself for everyone else.

Ultimately, they knew someone had to make that sacrifice, surely.

Spoiler

I mean, what are the other options? 

Also, Thanos sacrificed Gamora to get the Soul Stone, but no one really knows how necessary it was or how it happened. (Who's to say Gamora didn't attack Thanos to stop him and he killed her as necessary move?)

2 hours ago, iDOL said:

Also:

Reveal hidden contents

And potential plot hole:

Reveal hidden contents

Response to iDOL's first spoiler:

Spoiler

Yeah, I loved that shit. Actually, a ton of shit in the final battle gave me goosebumps. And shit, now I want to watch it again for a 4th time. 

Also, a lot of people were calling Strange a dick because he knew Stark would die from using the Stones, but I am kinda' stanning for him by thinking that he didn't see that far ahead into the future, only up to the point that he saw Thanos vanish.

Second spoiler:

Spoiler

Yeah, I was thinking about that as well. Did Thanos tell them that someone had to be sacrificed to gain the Soul Stone during that battle on Titan? If not, then I'm so gonna' stick to my excuse that Nebula didn't know exactly why Gamora died on Vormir. Other than that, I got nothing 😕 

7 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Response to iDOL's first spoiler:

Hide contents

Yeah, I loved that shit. Actually, a ton of shit in the final battle gave me goosebumps. And shit, now I want to watch it again for a 4th time. 

Also, a lot of people were calling Strange a dick because he knew Stark would die from using the Stones, but I am kinda' stanning for him by thinking that he didn't see that far ahead into the future, only up to the point that he saw Thanos vanish.

Second spoiler:

Hide contents

Yeah, I was thinking about that as well. Did Thanos tell them that someone had to be sacrificed to gain the Soul Stone during that battle on Titan? If not, then I'm so gonna' stick to my excuse that Nebula didn't know exactly why Gamora died on Vormir. Other than that, I got nothing 😕 

Spoiler

It's the only way.

Amazing movie. Need to see it again, ASAP.

Spoiler

Having not seen Captain Marvel yet, I was a little disappointed she wasn't featured more in this.

Best line was either Build a Bear or Wong asking Dr. Strange if he wants more people.

If the movie had been 3 hours of Stark taking care of his daughter, it would have been just as good.

They ended Stark's and Roger's perfectly. Was shocked to see Black Widow go. 

10 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

In relation to the above idiot.

Reveal hidden contents

I would’ve just loved a shot of The Defenders, that’s all.

I got my hopes up for this because:

Spoiler

Human Jarvis appearence...

• Like 1

Something I wonder about:

When Cap goes back in time to return the stones, he takes Mjolnir with him.

What happened to the hammer? Because when old Steve is sitting on the bench, he doesn't have it with him.

My least favorite part of the movie was actually what they did to

The Hulk.

Edited by GhostMachine

2 hours ago, Pooker said:

Amazing movie. Need to see it again, ASAP.

Reveal hidden contents

Regarding your first sentence:

The Avengers movies were actually filmed before Captain Marvel, and there were parts where they sort of overlapped, if I'm not mistaken, so that's probably why she wasn't used as much. 

Just some of my thoughts on the use of the main characters in this film:

Spoiler

I've said before that they probably could have given her a better reasoning that "there are things happening all over the universe just like on Earth'", but eh, for me I don't need everything in extreme detailed for why some stuff happened. The MCU is so vast that I can totally take a very bare explanation as a good one. Besides, you can tell this movie was specifically done with the First Six in mind as the focal point, and I'm fine with that. We're gonna' get more Danvers, more Parker, more T'challa, more Strange and Lang in future movies. It was a good end point for the six, except that Thor looks like he's getting new adventures (which is rad, actually) and I'm seriously hoping Hulk becomes some guy in the chair kind of character.

• Like 1

Welp. That was certainly a culmination of 10 years and some 20 odd films. And as with most things, I enjoyed it!

I think I may have over hyped it for myself? It was damn good. But I thought it was going to be more. 

-The comedy really hit!

-Fat Thor, while funny, was kinda meh.

-Everything to do with Tony/his family after the Stark Snap killed me. The recording, the 'you can rest now', the cheeseburgers... I teared up or shed tears at all of that. Having kids ruins you.

-The final battle was epic! Was hoping it was going to be longer. Having another one or two bigger battles would have been nice I think. 

-Captain Marvel was kind of a dud in this one.

-I thought Cap was a goner for the past like...3-4 years. While he sorta is, I'm glad he got a happy ending. And I'm surprised the body count was so low (Stark, Black Widow, and Vision... and I guess Cap is out of commission now?)

-Thanos was a great villain. Not sure how they will top that!

I'm just curious.... what next?

It was good. I didn't have big emotional reactions to it but I thought it did a good job of tying a bow on the last eleven years of the MCU.

Spoiler

shout-out to James D'Arcy, the first and only character introduced on the TV side of the MCU to actually make it into one of the movies. Absolutely ridiculous it took this long but at least it actually happened.

Some other assorted thoughts:

- The (under)use of Carol here basically shined a light on how convoluted this whole filming schedule was. Like, they decided to use her in this movie as basically a deus ex machina and did that prior to actually making her actual movie, so Brie Larson didn't have a handle on the character yet and the script couldn't actually play on anything we know about her from said movie. I was expecting at least a bit of interaction between her and Fury but nope. Rad suit at the funeral, though.

- Lebowski Thor worked for me. Not so much the lingering shots on his gut (haha fat people!!!) but the everything else. The most exciting tease for Phase 4 was 100% that presumably Thor will be in GotG vol. 3, though that makes me almost wish that Taika Waititi were making it instead of James Gunn.

- Far From Home is going to be interesting re: how they handle things going forward. Did Peter's entire class get snapped? Are they going to address that?

None of the deaths hit me. Cap's ending did a bit. I did love the repeated fakeouts on which of Nat or Clint was going to die, but Nat's death felt weirdly weightless considering how massive it was, I think in part because it basically required a scene reiterating that no, she's really dead and not coming back.

• Like 1

Regarding the Soul Stone conversation:

Spoiler

Nebula's exact words in Infinity War were:

"Gamora. He went to Vormir with her, he came back with the Soul stone, which means..."

That to me suggests that she knew what the soul stone demanded in exchange for itself, so I have no idea why she didn't think to mention it to anyone, but among the survivors is there anyone who actually had someone they could say they loved enough to get it (not including family members not involved in the mission) other than Nat and Clint?

More Soul Stone observations:

Spoiler

I totally overlooked the fact that when Cap goes to return the Soul Stone he will run into freaking RED SKULL.

also, the deal is a soul for a soul to claim the soul stone - shouldn’t something be owed for returning it? Maybe there is hope for Black Widow coming back?