Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

They added the new Spider-Man suit as well as the stealth suit from FFH to the PS4 Spider-Man game

• Like 1

That was real fun. The first act is really slow and just-okay, but it's by design and the payoffs are extremely worth it. And man, that's the best one-two punch of mid-credits and post-credits scenes in a long, long time.

Spoiler

I spent the whole movie thinking that Nick Fury wasn't being written quite right, and boom, it's fucking Talos. Ben Mendelsohn was such a delight in Captain Marvel and it's great seeing him still in play.

There better be actual announcements at SDCC this year because the wait for Phase 4 information is going to be rough.

• Like 2

Just now, Jericode said:

Excellent way to cap off Phase 3. Loved it. So good to see Mysterio done well on the big screen.

Isn't this the start of Phase 4? Also..

It's a shame they killed him off. He was great.

It's kind of like having a nice light dessert after a really heavy meal. They don't want to end Phases on down notes, so Ant-Man and Spider-Man were the final movies in their phases to give us a little bit of insight on the fallout of the major events and/or lighten the mood and then set the tone for the next phase.

• Like 2

On 03/07/2019 at 03:54, Maxx said:

Hide contents

Fuck yes JK Simmons is back as Jameson, and he’s an Alex Jones parody, amazing

Oh man, I was marking out at that point. Like, when Spidey was running across the office windows the thought of the Bugle did cross my mind but it looked like it was just nothing but, boom. I remember reading a quote that JK was interested in reprising the role but had no idea it'd actually happened. And I thought I was just reaching in thinking there was an Alex Jones vibe to it, is that the general consensus?

Were they trying to signpost something with Flash near the end as well with his mother not being there to meet him? Just seemed a little out of place when his characterisation has been generally annoying douche and then you have this little peek of humanising background.

36 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I have no idea on Flash, but Jameson was absolutely meant to invoke Alex Jones, from the “.net” addition to the framing to the logo design.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Ellis said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

In the scene where E.D.I.T.H. scans the phones of everyone in the tour bus, Flash is working on or has sent a message to his parents that suggests that even though he was in a city a giant water monster attacked, neither of them had gotten in touch to make sure he was alright so he was letting them know he was, in fact, alright. So even though "Flash's parents don't give a shit about him" doesn't really have any major plot relevance that bit at the end isn't completely out of the blue but more a confirmation of something they brought up earlier on.

• Like 1

Spiderman was so, so good.

I find it funny that people in here are talking about it being the start of phase 4 because that's the impression my girlfriend and I both got when we were in the theater -- 

(Endgame/Far From Home Spoilers)

All I knew about post-Endgame plans going in was that magazine cover with the headline "Meet the new Captain America" or something, so when a major theme of Far From Home was growing up and replacing your heroes I kinda expected that theme to continue throughout the first part of phase four.  Then I got home and saw that it was the end of phase 3 and welp, there goes that idea.  Looking forward to seeing what gets announced for phase four -- the past couple movies has probably been my favorite consecutive run of Marvel movies