NBA 2K18

Tyrone

Screen-Shot-2017-06-01-at-10.10.16-AM.pn

Kyrie Irving is the standard edition cover star, DeMar DeRozan is the Canadian edition cover star and Shaq is on the standard and gold Legend editions.

Screenshots of PG, Isaiah and DeRozan

MyGM and MyLeague news from Senior Producer

MyLeague is my favorite mode in the 2K games, so adding a story + G-League and new CBA stuff like supermax deals has me pretty hyped.

Edited by Tyrone

Would be the first for the NBA, I believe.  It happened with Brett Favre on Madden the year he got moved to the Jets.

It sounds like they are putting a stupid amount of detail into every feature this year

http://www.pastapadre.com/2017/07/27/mygm-takes-on-a-story-in-nba-2k18

This is nuts, go 2K go.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Does it count with Favre tho? Cause he retired, then unretired to join the Jets.

He didn't un-retire to join the Jets.  He came back from retirement to rejoin the Packers, even going into camp with them and they dealt him to the Jets.  Pretty much exactly the criteria you laid out.

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

Would be the first for the NBA, I believe.  It happened with Brett Favre on Madden the year he got moved to the Jets.

It sounds like they are putting a stupid amount of detail into every feature this year

http://www.pastapadre.com/2017/07/27/mygm-takes-on-a-story-in-nba-2k18

This is nuts, go 2K go.

MyGM story mode?!

2K, take my money. All of it.

I'm excited for this, I played a bunch of MyGm in 2k16 but mostly played MyLeague in 2k17 mainly due to how much was able to be customized but with story mode in MyGm I'll likely give this a try more

I got this game on PC ever since they went with next gen graphics. But I might just get it for Xbox One instead this year, now that i got that system.

I heard that the internet stuff is generally much better on console for 2K, and I'm done with the particular annoyances on the pc version. Rd. Hackers, Big lack of activity, MyTeam being dead...

Heck, might even pick it up at release after this post-season and if they can wow me with fundamental fixes. (Cyberfaces being ugly and a dime in a million, generated rookies having no rhyme or reason to their tendencies/Attributes (Top PGs with 40 speed w/ ball, 50 passing, but 85 post hook))

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Are these games still really hard for casual players like me?

multiplayer, yes. But I feel playing on the lower difficulties is a good way to learn how the game works and prep you for higher difficulties. Best is to have a knowledge of the sport and how it's played, and you need to have a 'feel' for learning timings of the players on your team.

Yeah I normally suck at Basketball games but I lowered the difficulty and messed with a few sliders and found a sweet spot where it wasn't incredibly frustrating but I also had some good close games.

No chance in hell I'll ever try multiplayer though. I know better :P 

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I had fun with MyPlayer on 2k11. Is that still decent?

MyPlayer has gotten a 'story mode' since 2k16, which really is just some narrative here and there to fill up a year or so of your players career to make it less dry. As a whole, it's still good although with its integration with MyPark (multiplayer) you can't get a perfect player anymore. Every position + archetype has a maximum amount of points you can put into certain skills.

But in terms of gameplay, it's probably better than ever. You can do more with sliders and difficulty, and all that stuff.

31 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I'm not sure I'd play NBA Live if EA paid me.

Does NBA live even work? Haven't they had problems with the game actually working, and that's why it hasn't been released in a few years?

On 8/3/2017 at 18:51, Meacon said:

I'm not sure I'd play NBA Live if EA paid me.

This year they've added ESPN First Take with Stephen A Smith to the game, so yes, they would absolutely have to pay me to play it.