NBA 2K18

Tyrone

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

This year they've added ESPN First Take with Stephen A Smith to the game, so yes, they would absolutely have to pay me to play it.

I wouldn't even play it now if they paid me.

In 2K news, they've added an all time team for all 30 teams. I'm wondering if these are full 12 man rosters or smaller? And is the Sonics players gonna be on the all time team for the thunder?

Do you need EA Access to play the NBA Live demo? I might be inclined to download it on Xbox One if I could.

37 minutes ago, Pooker said:

I wouldn't even play it now if they paid me.

In 2K news, they've added an all time team for all 30 teams. I'm wondering if these are full 12 man rosters or smaller? And is the Sonics players gonna be on the all time team for the thunder?

Yeah, i'd expect Payton to feature for the ThunderSonics

Edited by Jasonmufc

As stupid as I know that would be and that it's not gonna happen, it would make more sense than trying go come up with a 12 man all time team for the Thunder. What would they do? Just use the team they went to the Finals with?

Played the Live 17 demo for a bit. It's a pretty game, very much in line with the other EA titles. I also like the premise of the story mode, although I don't know how deep it is or how far it'll go in terms of the player's actually career.

Gameplay though... Yeesh, it's still a janky game and very stilted compared to NBA 2k. The game just feels a bit on rails, and a bit 'laggy' through the way the animations work. And as a whole the game isn't as good as NBA 2k.

But on the flipside, Microtransactions don't seem to be as forced on you as 2K does nowadays, and I felt the progress of my created player was quite satisfying, spending in game currency to buy boxes and 'draw' any of an x amount of clothing to pimp my player out. Also, you get XP even if you don't play the story mode, so you can easily grind up doing online stuff. Although as expected (and since it's a demo), online is filled with people that are forcing themselves and aren't really playing the game at all.

Also, my 6ft Playmaker PG was put at SF in multiplayer, even though I was by far the shortest dude on the court and also the only playmaker archetype on my team. So that needs some fixing, I think.

On 8/3/2017 at 16:42, Pooker said:

I know this is a great for the 2k series, but didn't think it needed a new post...EA announced today that the WNBA teams and players will be in NBA Live 18. 

On 8/3/2017 at 16:51, Meacon said:

I'm not sure I'd play NBA Live if EA paid me.

Why do you hate women Meacon?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

List of the all-time team rosters

Barkley and Reggie missing to be expected, but also Moses Malone, Rasheed Wallace, Glenn Robinson, etc. Fun additions like Grant Hill and Starbury, though.

EDIT: Somehow missed Manute Bol the first time going through the list.. neat.

Edited by Tyrone

Good to see the Thunder All-Stars incorporating the Sonics, meanwhile the Pelicans are basically most of the current roster.

It's also the chance I've been waiting for to play the dynamic threesome of Oscar Robinson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Andrew Bogut.

8 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Good to see the Thunder All-Stars incorporating the Sonics, meanwhile the Pelicans are basically most of the current roster.

It's also the chance I've been waiting for to play the dynamic threesome of Oscar Robinson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Andrew Bogut.

Yeah Utah get to keep the  New Orleans Jazz players but the Pelicans don't get the Charlotte Hornets players, that's fair. <_<

They're already annoying with stupid non-sensical name and colours that insist on keeping.