NBA 2K18

Tyrone

3 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Is there a way to make myplayer easier? Like there are sliders in the other modes that help me enjoy it a bit more but myplayer is like impossible for me

Pretty sure the lowest you can go is 'pro' difficulty, you can edit it when you're out in the neighborhood and you go into the options in the ticker menu.

I know that there is one difficulty level that's a bit broken right now, causes you to miss a lot of open threes even if you have the timing down pat. So if you're struggling with ranged shooting in particular, it might actually be advisable to try a higher difficulty rather than a lower one. Or simply avoid threes if you can (unless you're a sharpshooter, of course).

3 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

I know that there is one difficulty level that's a bit broken right now, causes you to miss a lot of open threes even if you have the timing down pat. So if you're struggling with ranged shooting in particular, it might actually be advisable to try a higher difficulty rather than a lower one. Or simply avoid threes if you can (unless you're a sharpshooter, of course).

I made a sharpshooter :( 

Did some pack and playoffs yesterday, got as far as the finals. The conference finals had the craziest team of (Giannis, Butler, Parker, Boogie, Gobert), and that team despite having zero real shooting skill did ridiculous amounts of damage against anyone I came up across, even going as far as have a streak of 4 players that quit before halftime because I was walking away with wins.

Giannis as a whole was a cheat code, especially when I put him at the PG with Butler at the 2 and running some freelance flow to get the 2/3 corner threes off the pick.

Now just gotta get through the finals, with a less than perfect team, but hopefully I can make it and get my gold Scalabrine!

• Like 1

Just won my first pack and playoffs playoffs. All rounds, final round was a tricky one but with Giannis and 5-out I mustered myself past four teams to win the finals.

You get like 4 picks for the pick-board for every finals win, so I cleared that one out and didn't get gold Scalabrine, but instead I got silver Tyler Johnson (thanks 2k >_>)

Also you get a finals box of 5 3-card packs in which I got
Gold Enes Kanter
Gold George Hill (Already had him)
Gold George Hill (...)
Gold Khris Middleton (Also had him already)
Gold Zach Randolph

So a pretty bum draw overall, but hey, free cards so I used the surplus bronze contracts to top up Kyrie and put the three spares on the action house. (PM me if you want one for 500, Lars) (Although you can prolly find them for 500 already)

14 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Ok I'm doing a GM thing until they get the stuff fixed that is making career awful and was wondering what it means when I'm getting offered a trade with a pick that says "Top 3" or "Lottery" protected?

If the pick lands in the lottery, the team gets their pick back and you get a compensation (a few shittier picks)

Edited by Jasonmufc

2 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

So it's probably not worth bothering with then?

Depends, really. If I get a top 3 protected pick from Golden State, I'll just take it because odds are they won't tank the shit out of a season. If it's the Hawks pick tho, then i'd tell em to fuck off.

I read a tip on reddit that right now slightly early is better than slightly late and if you're struggling try turning off the meter and just get the feedback after the shot. I tried it myself and it seems to be helping my issues playing as a stretch 5.

My biggest issue is whenever I use simcast and try to jump in at the end of games the uniforms are wrong. Anytime I play an away game if I jump in both teams are wearing white. 

As far as the picks being protected go if they get their pick back you get their first round pick the next year unprotected so if you think they'll be shit for a while it's sometimes worth the trade. 

4 hours ago, Trey said:

read a tip on reddit that right now slightly early is better than slightly late and if you're struggling try turning off the meter and just get the feedback after the shot. I tried it myself and it seems to be helping my issues playing as a stretch 5.

From how much i've played already, I must agree with that statement. It's better to be a bit early and get a friendly bounce (or straight swish) than being even marginally late and seeing it ping off the rim in every imagineable way. My shooting has become quite a bit better, although there are still moments where I can brick open shot after open shot with good players. So it's a bit all over the place, but trying to be slightly early with a chance of a perfect shot has served me better than trying to be perfect with a chance of being late.

Two things that also make a huge difference in hitting shots or not are hot/cold zones and appropriate badges. The zones make such a big difference, in Pack & Playoff I was bricking open corner threes with Jimmy Butler from a cold zone, and hitting moving contested shots from his hot zones.

And the badges are also self-explanatory, if you got a corner three badge even at bronze, they'll spike your shooting percentage with that player up SIGNIFICANTLY. And right now in MyTeam i'm always looking for cheap badges like those. (Corner 3 tends to be cheaper than say limitless range), if I can get three Corner 3 badges, i'm certainly going to be investing heavily in a SG/SF like Korver/Redick for my Flow freelance (One of the default plays is a 2/3 screen to a 5 screen for the 2/3 screener into the corner) that gets open corner threes at an ungodly rate.

At that point, I might just run through domination purely on those corner shooters alone.