NBA 2K18

Tyrone

On 9/29/2017 at 02:03, The Chiksrara Special said:

I don't think I like this game. I might just get rid of it

Why? Is it worse than 2k17? I haven't gotten it yet, and with a new baby and not really playing 2k17 all that much, I'm still on the fence on whether to buy it or not.

I'm personally still loving the game. I've played a bit less, mostly because i'm waiting for opening night to start MyLeague/MyGM proper. But i've been playing MyTeam quite a bit, and despite some ridiculously priced packs, the singleplayer stuff is fun enough like Domination and challenges.

Also the Pack & Playoff mode is a really fun mode to play when you want a somewhat level playing field and play with a team that cost no money (after winning a round, you can spend a token amount of VC to 'hold' players for the next round).

I also have gotten a bit better at shooting, and I feel that they have been tweaking the borked up shooting a bit to actually let me drain open threes with good releases. At least, that's how it feels to me, and i'm even draining contested shots nowadays.

MyPlayer though, that still is a stinking pile of exploitative horseshit. It's just a time and moneysink, and the grind is just next level bullshittery on 2K's part. So I avoid that, and maybe i'll pick it up at a later date when I have excess VC from the other modes.

Also, here's 2KTV's episode 4 answers for some easy VC:

1. Any
  2. 2012
  3. The Letter O
  4. Any
  5. 4 Rounds
  6. Any
  7. Any
  8. harry giles
  9. any

I've started a new MyCareer because I was getting annoyed at being referred to as DJ when it made no sense given my actual name. So my character is now called Danny Justice.

This harkens back to 17 when I changed my character's surname to Preston to match the Pres moniker, and 16 when I changed race to fit Spike Lee's bizarre narrative of identical twins being able to be different races.

• 4 months later...
19 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Is the game fixed now? It's on sale like super cheap so I thought I might give it another try if it's working right now

What would you constitute to fixed?

The MyCareer is still an unashamed grindfest designed to pull money out of the player. And MyTeam has more of the same shenanigans at a smaller scale (but I imagine now everyone and their dog will have a superteam of super cards).

MyGM still has the tacked on story in the first season that does some annoying things you can't stop.

But MyLeague is as good as it has ever been, sadly it has none of the ownership/gm stuff and is as straight laced a 'franchise mode' as you're gonna get. But there's lots of customization options with sliders and the like, and there are plenty of rosters out there I imagine. And you don't need VC in MyLeague, whilst you still earn it by playing the mode.

Edited by Jasonmufc

On 9/19/2017 at 05:58, Jasonmufc said:

I know that there is one difficulty level that's a bit broken right now, causes you to miss a lot of open threes even if you have the timing down pat. So if you're struggling with ranged shooting in particular, it might actually be advisable to try a higher difficulty rather than a lower one. Or simply avoid threes if you can (unless you're a sharpshooter, of course).

This is what I was talking about. My guy was a sharpshooter so the game kinda sucked for me

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Trey said:

Any recommendations for sliders for All-star difficulty? Pro is a little to easy and all-star can either be about right or just a little above my playing level unless I'm playing with a stacked team. 

I suggest checking out operationsports, they have various slider sets, and they're all unique enough for one of them to be up your alley in terms of playing style.

• 4 months later...

Just got this game last night, and picked a random team to begin MyGM  (without the story mode) and got the Hornets. First game is against the Raptors, and DeRozan killed me with 42 points. However, with 2 minutes left Marvin Williams fouled him hard, and DeRozan broke his wrist. I still lost 132 - 112. I altered the slider a bit, and my next game was against the Knicks. I obliterated them 124 - 101. In the first 3 minutes of the game Marvin Williams fouled Prozingas,  and fractured Kristaps ankle. 

This is the first basketball game I've played where injuries occurred in back-to-back games. I love this game. I love Marvin Williams

• 2 months later...

It's not going to stop me playing it relentlessly, but the lack of updates in NBA2K19is really disappointing. The first game I played had the exact same presentation as last year, starting with David Aldrige telling me how Kyrie Irving has moved to Boston, followed by the exact same Kevin Garnett commentary from 2K18. Also I have no idea why they've removed the City jerseys from last year but kept the unbranded 2017 jerseys. Also the soundtrack is god awful.

At least the menus look nice.

If you're a fan of MyLeague or if you didn't hate MyGM this year's versions are like last year's on steroids. I'm loving it so far, let alone once the fictional rosters are ready at Operation Sports so I can start importing the draft classes they have from 76-now and see how history unfolds this go around. 

I'm also torn on which title to get and was actually waiting for discussion on the new games.

Does anyone have Live 2019? I tried the demos for both games and had fun playing with both. 2k definitely appears more polished, but I'm looking for the better 1 player game as I usually just played MyGM and MyCareer, didn't bother to go online. It'd be fun to play as the 01 Kings, though, as I skipped out on 2k18 (assuming Webber and co. are still in the game this year).

Can anyone help me out on this? Are there any bugs or anything that I should know about for both games?