EWBFF Courtney Brown League

HC

While we wait, it's time to play B-League trivia!

What is the name of the festival DFF attends every year during the middle of the draft?

How did DavidMarrio's team get the name Shitfuck Bitchasses?

In what round did James Ewing infamously select Stephen Gostkowski in 2015?

Who was the B-League commissioner before HC?

In what extremely convoluted way did Mick determine our draft order in 2014?

14 minutes ago, HC said:

What is the name of the festival DFF attends every year during the middle of the draft?

Spoiler

Uplink/Downturn/Homerpalooza?

Spoiler

No clue, Some kind of punishment?

Spoiler

3rd and his reasoning was because the previous year he outscored all TE's not name Gonkowski or some BS.

Spoiler

Going by the following question - Mick?

Spoiler

What animal am I thinking of?

Sidenote: I just went out and bought 24 ping pong balls to do my leagues draft order over facebook live, Not quite sure what I'm going to do with 14 written on and 10 not written on ping pong balls after I'm done with em but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

• Like 2

Slogger got the Gostowski question right so 1/5. TECHNICALLY the DavidMarrio one is correct as well but it's more specific. To be fair though only about 5-6 of us (Myself, Forbes, Mick, Berober, Munky, DM) have been in the league long enough to know a few of them.

Another throwback: What name was Forbes forced to change her team to after I won our rivalry match in 2013?

Edited by HC

It's a testament to its sheer ridiculousness that the only trivia question I'm confident most of you would get is the Gostkoswki one. The pick that became a meme.

Edited by HC

19 minutes ago, HC said:

fuck if i know

we ran a poll of who had the worst team name! i can't remember what their name was originally but they "won" and their punishment was we all got to pick a new name for them. i suggested the good ol' s-fuck b-asses and it won and it's stuck ever since!

hahahaha it was the third what a goober

trick question, there was no specific commissioner, it was part of b. obama's duties as the president of the united states

was that the year he ran a tournament in tecmo bowl and assigned each of us a team? i got a p good pick that year too (shout out to q.b. eagles)

• Like 2

3/5! Good job Forbes! If only your memory translated to winning in fantasy football. :lol:

Every year I think about doing the poll for worst team name as a punishment again. Maybe next season.

Still waiting on the answers to DFF's festival and the commish before myself.

Edited by HC

Currently procrastinating on lesson planning, so here's cool stats for you peeps.

Most B-League titles? HC (2)

Most B-League Medals? Berober (3 - 2 Bronze, 1 Gold)

Most Playoff Appearances? Berober (4)

Most Playoff Wins? HC & Berober (4 each)

Most Regular Season Wins? HC (39) - Berober in second with 36

Highest Regular Season Win %: Slogger (.750)

Best Regular Season Record: 12-2 (Slogger 2015, HC 2014/16, TCO 2013)

Worst Regular Season Record: 2-12 (Forbes' 2013 Season)

Most Regular Season Losses: 32 (Munky - Forbes in second with 31)

Highest Scoring Team: 10 Team Era: 2014 HC's Bemidi Malvos: 2,165 points; 12 Team Era: 2016 HC's Butchers of Luverne: 1,971 points (33 points ahead of 2015 Slogger)

Longest Playoff Drought: Munky - 4 seasons

Most Consolation Bracket Wins: Mick (2)

Most Points Scored in a Game: 12 Team Era: Berober 2015 - 198 points; 10 Team Era: Berober 2014 - 225 points

Fewest Points Scored in a Game: 2015 Munky - 59 Points

Cool Tidbits:

There as not been a final 3 since 2013 not featuring one of either HC or Berober

Slogger/HC/Berober have won 4/4 of the gold medals, 3/4 of the bronze medals, but 0/4 of the silver medals

I'm tired and too lazy to come up with anything else. Now time to go be productive!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HC said:

It's a testament to its sheer ridiculousness that the only trivia question I'm confident most of you would get is the Gostkoswki one. The pick that became a meme.

I said it last year, and i'll say it here...i'm NEVER living that one down. One pro, though...at least it wasn't the first overall pick...

6 hours ago, james_ewing88 said:

I said it last year, and i'll say it here...i'm NEVER living that one down. One pro, though...at least it wasn't the first overall pick...

I kept a kicker in a keeper league once, that team was a tire fire. o_O

I am gonna be out of the house from about 5 hours from now until late (going to a gig). @HC, I will PM you some instructions in case @Mick hasn't chosen by then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DFF said:

I am gonna be out of the house from about 5 hours from now until late (going to a gig). @HC, I will PM you some instructions in case @Mick hasn't chosen by then.

Good man. 

The tension is palpable, No picks and no picks makes Slogger something something. 

• Like 1