EWB-FPL Draft League 17/18

Adam

Okay folks I think there's enough interest for this, so here goes.

EWB FANTASY PREMIER LEAGUE 2017/18

Now featuring a Draft!

As per the discussion in the Premier League Thread, we're going to run a Draft League through the official FPL site. They also have a great mobile app that you should download to keep up-to-date with everything and easily sort out your squads throughout the season.

RULES

Once you sign-up to participate in the league, I'll add your name to the list at the bottom of this post. Once I have a minimum number of players (which we'll call 6 for now) I will create the league on the FPL website and give each participant the private league code. Up until Friday night sign-ups will remain open, there's a maximum of 16 allowed in a league but ideally I'd like no more than 10 due to the fact our squads would start to be spread too thin and as there's money on the line, it might get too difficult to make sure everyone pays out. To decide whether you'd like to sign up, here are the ground rules:

a. The league will be run under a 'Head-2-Head' basis, meaning that instead of the classic scoring style of accruing the most points each week through the season, we all face each other in determined fixtures with three points for a win, one for a draw and zero for a loss.

b. Once sign-ups are complete, we will all pick a date and time to hold the EWB-FPL Draft. We'll all need to be online at the time of it, with picks coming every 2 minutes. Familiarise yourself with the rules in the links below, but I will go through all of this again when sign-ups are full.

c. Draft rules are simple enough: we pick on a 'snake' order (1 through 10, then 10 through 1 etc.) until each team has 15 players.

d. Again these are explained better in the FAQ link below, but following the Draft we'll have a few days to do Waivers and Free Agency if you aren't happy with your squad. These are all processed 24 hours before each Gameweek deadline.

e. This will, with everyone's agreement, be a Money League. My proposal is that we each put up £10 to go into one pot (probably a PayPal account I'll have to set up?) and at the end of the season, the winner of the league gets £5 from each other player. They get £5 returned to them as winner, whilst all players' other £5 is donated to the board for it's general up-keep, since we all love this place so much!

Link to the full info for FPL Draft is here: https://www.premierleague.com/news/427772
FAQs for it: https://draft.premierleague.com/help

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO DO

1. Sign-Ups - deadline: Friday 4th August, 10pm (BST) OR until 10 spaces are filled

2. Draft Date + Time - determined between all participants

3. The Draft - time + date TBC

4. Waivers - deadline Thursday 10th August, 6.45pm (BST)

5. Gameweek #1 - deadline Friday 11th August, 6.45pm (BST)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SIGN-UP SHEET

1. @Rooney!

2. @Baddar

3. @Titi Camara

4. @hugobomb

5. @Jimmy

6. @Moses Julep

7. @Loz

8. @MadJack

7 hours ago, Moses Julep said:

I'm in! Fair warning though, I'll be on holiday from Friday till Tuesday so if this is inconvenient for the draft feel free to leave me out :) 

We'll probably hold the Draft on the weekend, but I can still add you in if you think you'd be able to build up a 'Watchlist' before then? I'd have to create the league before you do so but it's entirely possible, so up to you (and I guess our other players but I presume everyone would be fine with that). 

1 hour ago, Rooney! said:

We'll probably hold the Draft on the weekend, but I can still add you in if you think you'd be able to build up a 'Watchlist' before then? I'd have to create the league before you do so but it's entirely possible, so up to you (and I guess our other players but I presume everyone would be fine with that). 

Yeah sure, I can do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moses Julep said:

Yeah sure, I can do that.

To give you the time, and because we now have the minimum 6 players I wanted, I'll set up the league later today and send all participants so far the code to get to grips with it all, build a Watchlist etc.

@MDK @Loz @MadJack any of you up for this, since you expressed initial interest in the PL thread?

• Like 1

Just make sure your draft list is really long, don't forget with 10 players there's 150 picks. I seem to think though that if you're out of options it picks a player based on their own draft order which is fairly sensible (Kane, Aguero etc at top) but does miss a few gems lower down. Paul Dummett etc.

That was for Moses, ruddy replies in between.

Edited by Colly
  • Like 2

Okay folks, the league has been created and I've sent each of you the code to join. Let me know who you are once you've joined, unless it's obvious, and then get to work building your Watchlists!

The next thing we need to do is agree a suitable time for us all to converge on the site and do the Draft. I've tentatively arranged it for Sunday night, August 6th at 7pm but this can be changed to suit whomever. So far we know that Moses will be relying on his Watchlist to put his team together, but hopefully the other 7 of us can all be available at some point over the weekend? Let me know.

I don't see why 7pm Sunday would be a problem. I think I can make that. 

I know you mentioned collecting money after the season ends, but how about doing it before? If someone drops out/loses interest, at least they're paid up then. I might even lose interest during the season and struggle to keep up - at least it's paid off and a team is selected to be an opponent for somebody, though!