EWB-FPL Draft League 17/18

Adam

Baines & Noble
(even though I didn't draft my beloved Mark)

GK: Butland, Pickford

DEF: Koscielny, Baines, Rudiger, Maguire, Robertson

MID: Coutinho, Sterling, Zaha, Klaassen, Lanzini

STR: Kane (when the trade is done), Firmino, Gabbiadini

Thanks to everyone for participating, it was a lot of fun and I'm relieved we finally have it done! I'll be posting weekly updates on fixtures and results, plus the standings, as well as keeping everyone abreast of Waiver Requests and Free Agency where possible.

First order of business is to oversee three mandatory trades due to Loz showing up late (I'll take the blame for moving the start time earlier!). Those trades need to work as follows:

@Loz needs to send Harry Kane, Gabriel Jesus and Eden Hazard onto the Waiver Wire, which is processed tomorrow at 6.45pm. Once that is done:

@Dwight K. Schrute (me) needs to use Free Agency to draft Harry Kane in to replace Sergio Aguero. Loz can then pick up Aguero in Free Agency.

@hugobomb needs to use Free Agency to draft in Gabriel Jesus.

@Titi Camara needs to use Free Agency to draft in Eden Hazard.

This fixes the discrepencies from our original draft and we will be good to go!

Top of the Klopps

GK: Cech & Schmeichel 

Def: Zouma, Cahill, Blind, Schindler & Zabaleta (will be traded out for Vertonghen when I find out where's he's disappeared to.)

Mid: Alli, Mahrez, Son, David Silva & Tadic (traded in for Hazard)

Fwd: Aguero (once traded in), Costa and Silmani (once Jesus has gone)

Need to get rid of:

Hazard, Jesus and Kane

43 minutes ago, Dwight K. Schrute said:

@Titi Camara also needs to put Jan Vertonghen on the Waiver Wire so that Loz can pick him up, sort of a straight swap for Hazard then although the positions are obviously different.

It's not exactly going to work out right away as I'm not sure how long it'll take for the waivers to process as it's saying that Hazard isn't available.

Anyway I've put a request in now to get Mustafi so not sure how long that'll take to process then I'll have to put another one in for Hazard when I can. My midfield is really good as well so someone's going to end up with a decent option...

KINDERGARTEN KLOPP

GK: Mignolet and Bravo

DEF: Mustafi (hopefully), Matip, Cedric, Daniels, Kolasinic

MID: Pedro, Redmond, Salah, Sane, Sanchez (WHO TO LET GO?!?!?!)

FOR: Chicharito, Morata, Sturridge. 

22 minutes ago, Titi Camara said:

It's not exactly going to work out right away as I'm not sure how long it'll take for the waivers to process as it's saying that Hazard isn't available.

Anyway I've put a request in now to get Mustafi so not sure how long that'll take to process then I'll have to put another one in for Hazard when I can. My midfield is really good as well so someone's going to end up with a decent option...

KINDERGARTEN KLOPP

GK: Mignolet and Bravo

DEF: Mustafi (hopefully), Matip, Cedric, Daniels, Kolasinic

MID: Pedro, Redmond, Salah, Sane, Sanchez (WHO TO LET GO?!?!?!)

FOR: Chicharito, Morata, Sturridge. 

Waivers process 24 hours before the gameweek deadline (so that's tomorroe at 6.45pm this week), after that you'll have 24 hours of Free Agency to draft in Hazard, who by then should be on the open market.

Okay so we have a problem. 

The players Loz released are locked and can't be signed until next week so now I have no earthly idea what to do. Shall I release Aguero and we all just accept that we're down a man for a week or what? It says they're locked til the next waiver round plain as day on the page now, but I didn't see that explained at all before tonight. Very frustrating, not sure the best course of action? 

EDIT: I play Huw this week so we'd both be down one top player which is fair enough (Kane and Jesus), Loz plays Baddar without Aguero and Dave plays Sam missing Hazard. Unless Baddar and Sam bench an equivalent top player? Only way to make it all fair that I can see. 

Well fortunately Hazard shouldn't be playing due to injury but I managed to drop Vertonghen and pick up Mustafi for this game week. So it's not a big problem for me this week. 

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Can you just manually keep track of the points you should/shouldn't be getting? Bit of a chew but shouldn't be too difficult if you're managing the cash separately too. 

I'm not quite sure how you mean?

I think the best thing to do is for us to work it out between our own fixtures. I'd be fine to drop Aguero for this week and get Kane in the next Waiver Wire, with @hugobomb missing Jesus it evens out anyway. As @Titi Camara says, Hazard is out anyway for his match with @MadJack, then we have @Loz missing a few versus @Baddar. @Moses Julep and @Jimmy's match is unaffected.

It should all be fine from next week anyway :wacko:

7 hours ago, Dwight K. Schrute said:

I'm not quite sure how you mean?

Just note how many points Aguero etc get this weekend and plus/minus that from the relevant people's final score at the end of the season. You could * it like a points deduction... 

Sounds like you're sorted now anyway. 

Ask a silly question, but are there some bizarre players now locked on your players list? I transferred Jacob Murphy out with a waiver and he's locked, but so are a load of players who weren't in anyone's side including Choupo-Moting from Stoke and Nelson from Arsenal (are they real?). We thought maybe they'd been loaned out but Mbemba is locked too. 

It says if you have someone on the bench and another player doesn't play, he'll replace him? Does that mean the player in that position will, or whoever is #1 on your bench, regardless of position?

Happy to bench whichever player you guys want me to, but I'm wondering if I bench Lacazette and neither Rashford nor Sandro play, what happens there? Do I automatically get Lacazette's points or bugger all for my strikers this week?

I could be wrong, but I think it goes in order of priority as long as that creates a team with an allowed formation (i.e if you have three strikers, a defender doesn't play and your first choice sub is a striker he won't come on). That's why the keeper is separate for obvious reasons.