Sign in to follow this  
Adam

EWB-FPL Draft League 17/18

Adam    4,898
1 hour ago, Baddar said:

I'm still in this! Need a Lacazette double hat trick tonight though. <_<

I'm up for that, especially if it leads to Koscielny getting a clean sheet and Ramsey bagging a load of assists :P

Baddar    107,379

Just a shit week really. I blame Luiz. His red last week may well have cost me the win (I only lost by a few points), and he was suspended this week. Keane couldn't even deputise as he was injured, and the rest of my squad didn't register many points either. Pog's injury is costing me too. Only backup is Gray, who tends to only get sub appearances.

• Like 1

Loz    607

Another good week for me. Aguero and David Silva have a combined 53 points in their last two games. I can't see Bellerin getting the 30 or so points Jimmy needs to beat me, so it looks like I'll be going top. :D 

Adam    4,898

I realised all too late that I didn't do an update based on last week's results, so here they are in a quick one:

@Loz 62-40 @Adam

@MadJack 41-55 @Jimmy

@Davidmarrio 35-61 @hugobomb

@Baddar 44-50 @Moses Julep

So, now on to this week, which concluded with Arsenal's 2-0 win over WBA last night:

@Loz goes into 1st place with another big win, 57-37 over @Jimmy. Aguero & Baldy Silva both earning 11 points in that one, whilst another great 9 point haul from Chris Schindler at Huddersfield, I think he's probably the sleeper hit of the season in defence so far. Abraham & Alli both got 8 as well to contribute to that win, whilst Jimmy's best scorers were Eriksen with 9, then Bellerin (8) and Walker (6), nobody else managing more than 3. Eriksen has an illness this week though so could be a doubt for the next league game. It wouldn't have made a difference to the result, but Jimmy also left 8 points from Gray on the bench with neither Defoe or Benteke earning more than 2.

Big win this week for me as well, 63-45 over @Baddar to go clear with Loz at the top of the table on 12 points from 6 games. Largely that's courtesy of a triple-pronged assault by Sterling, Kane and Coutinho who all earned 13 points apiece, enough to beat 3 other teams with just those three! Koscielny and Ramsey both earned 6 points last night to compound the defeat for Baddar, although he did get his highest scorer in that game with Lacazette's double earning 13 points too. Bailly & Stones on 6 the next best performers, as the Man Utd presence failed to pay off this time around.

@hugobomb is outright 3rd in the table now on 10 points after a 57-36 win over @MadJack. Azpilicueta's 14 points make him the best performing defender in the league this week by some distance, not bad for someone playing in a back three. His assist for Morata's opener was a thing of beauty I have to say, but anyway behind him Zanka & De Gea earned 8 points each, with at least 9 players getting 3+ points for Huw this week. Sam is now 4 points adrift at the bottom of the standings, Jones (9), Richarlison (7) and Valencia (5) his only performers over 3 points this week, although Okazaki earned 6 points but was left on the bench, as was goalkeeper Lossl who earned 7.

Finally, @Davidmarrio earned a crushing 61-17 win over @Moses Julep thanks in no small part to the league's two highest scorers of the week - hat-trick hero Morata getting 17 - as many as Moses got through his entire team - and Sane with 16. Salah with 7, Sanchez and Hernandez with 5 apiece contributing to an impressive result. David even left 11 points on the bench, Kolasinac's 6 going unused despite two defenders (Alonso & Matip) earning 0. Moses' best performer was unused sub goalie Courtois with 6, with no one in the starting 11 earning more than 3 - Vardy & Gross the 'saving graces' so to speak - but even worse news is that Rooney, Antonio & Mendy are all carrying injuries after this weekend, and he already has Welbeck & Rose out sat on the bench.

Probably the first week of the season where all four results were so decisive, it leaves the table looking like this:

1. TOP OF THE KLOPPS (Loz) - 12pts (+278)

2. BAINES & NOBLE (Adam) - 12pts (+272)

3. BOMBERS (Huw) - 10pts (+267)

4. ATHLETIC DILDAO (Baddar) - 9pts (+295)

5. KINDERGARTEN KLOPP (Dave) - 9pts (+264)

6. SPURSY (Jimmy) - 9pts (+263)

7. COOP FLEW THE COOP (Moses) - 7pts (+196)

8. #POGBANTS (Sam) - 3pts (+197)

• Like 2

Davidmarrio    3,383

#pogbants in a relegation battle by itself there atm...

• Like 1

Loz    607

Who would've though that Schindler would've been by far my best defender so far? I only picked him because of his performance against Leeds last season. Great decision so far. I don't know how long it'll last though. Town have some tough matches coming up. 

• Like 1

MadJack    3,601
3 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

#pogbants in a relegation battle by itself there atm...

Paying the price for a poor drafting strategy I am.

Adam    4,898

Anyone make any changes this week? I got Josh King in on waivers, since Gabbiadini isn't even starting for Southampton anymore.

Hopefully it's just in time for a King-led storm up the table from Bournemouth.

Loz    607

I was after King because he was the next best available striker. With Aguero out, I'm pretty screwed up front. I brought in Pérez for Bony in the end. 

• Like 1

Jimmy    4,088

In hope of finding a striking alternative (Gray had been quite poor so far until he got me 8 points on my bench last week) I got rid of Benteke and brought in Niasse, just in case that fairy tale continues. 

• Like 1

hugobomb    1,034

So long as Jesus plays this week, I'm happy with my strikers (though I'd ideally want a stronger sub). Plus with Palace now having nobody up front my 4 United players should do well and should limit the damage City playing  Chelsea will do to my defence, unless they play out a dull 0-0 and both my defenders get the clean sheet bonus. So watch Palace somehow win 4-0 and both Azpilicueta and Otamendi get sent off for fighting each other:shifty:

Starting XI:

De Gea

Azpilicueta, Mustafi, Otamendi, Monreal

Willian, Sigurdsson, Matic, Mata

Lukaku, Jesus

Subs: Forster, Jese, Nyom, Rodriguez

Baddar    107,379

Typically, I was close going into the Sunday games til Monreal scored his first PL goal since 1997. Fucking dick.

• Like 1

Jimmy    4,088

Also a nice big win, 30 points between Trippier & Davies alone.

Loz    607

I had a fucking terrible week. Aguero getting injured hurt me big time. 

• Like 1

hugobomb    1,034

Up to 2nd! Monreal's goal and assist was the key for me.

Davidmarrio    3,383

Very poor week. Hopefully Morata's injury isn't serious 

Adam    4,898

We have a new outright leader at the top of the table, and it's...me :o

@Adam triumphed over @Moses Julep 45-31 to go two points clear at the top with 5 wins from 7 games. Kane and Coutinho brought up the goods again with double figure hauls, with Harry Maguire earning 6 points for a clean sheet too. Moses' best performer was goalscoring Saints defender Yoshida, with 8, whilst Lloris and Alderweireld earned 6 apiece in the Spurs defence, but that rearguard solidity didn't pay off with victory unfortunately for Coop.

@hugobomb sits 2nd in the table on 13 points after a resounding 61-40 victory against @Baddar, whose Dildao boys are sliding down the standings after another tough loss. The unlikely face of Monreal plundering 15 points contributed to the win, whilst Mata also hit double figures with 10, and five other players earned 5+ points in a very impressive haul. Even unused sub keeper Forster managed 9, demonstrating the strength in depth at present for Huw's Bombers. Rashford's 9 was the best haul for Baddar, followed by Ederson and Stones with 8 each but no one else earned more than 3 points.

@Jimmy and his Spursy lot are up to 3rd in the table after a big win of their own, 69-27 over @Davidmarrio thanks in large part to the form of Spurs' full backs. Davies got 16, the best score of any player this week, whilst Trippier got 14. De Bruyne of Man City earned 11 points and Walker 6 to create a cavernous margin of victory, and this was even with points left on the bench up front, as Defoe and Gray disappointed in attack but Choupo-Moting's 5 points were left out. Sanchez was Dave's best performer with 6, but it was a truly poor week for Kindergarten Klopp as Kolasinac & Hart's 6 points apiece were squandered on the bench, and marquee striker Morata went down injured.

Narrowest win of the week goes to @MadJack, who must thank the fixture gods for his 36-26 win over @Loz, a score only good enough to beat two other players but ultimately enough to pull Hashtag Pogbants back into contention at the foot of the table. The margin of victory was the 10 points earned by Richarlison courtesy of his late equaliser for Watford, whilst other best performers were Man Utd trio Valencia, Jones (both with 6) and Martial (4). Loz rounds off the week of good defences with top scorers Cech and Vertonghen with 6, although sub keeper Schmeichel would have earned 10, and Schindler's good run ended with a zero point score due to that tonking against Spurs for Huddersfield.

The table is as follows:

1. BAINES & NOBLE (Adam) - 15pts (+317)

2. THE BOMBERS (Huw) - 13pts (+328)

3. SPURSY (Jimmy) - 12pts (+332)

4. TOP OF THE KLOPPS (Loz) - 12pts (+304)

5. ATHLETIC DILDAO (Baddar) - 9pts (+335)

6. KINDERGARTEN KLOPP (David) - 9pts (+291)

7. COOP FLEW THE COOP (Moses) - 7pts (+227)

8. #POGBANTS (Sam) - 6pts (+233)

So, clear at the top for the first time but with a big early top of the table clash next week. Gameweek #8 sees me up against Huw's Bombers, knowing that a win will extend my lead at the top to at least 3 points. Jimmy looks to get further into the mix against Moses, who needs wins to get near the top half. Meanwhile, despite the highest cumulative points score, Baddar is down into the botom half and 6 points adrift of first place but has a chance to overhaul Aguero-less Loz for 4th when they meet, and we round off next week's fixtures with a bottom half clash between sliding Dave, who may be without Morata, and Sam who will be hoping to add to only his 2nd win of the season last week and try to move off the foot of the standings.

Loz    607

I think I'm going to struggle big time without Aguero. 

I've got a couple of waivers waiting...

Doucouré and Fellaini for my shit Southampton pair of Davis and Tadic hopefully. 

Blind is getting no play time either, so I'm potentially going to get Ward in from Burnley. I hope that can keep me in the running for a bit while he's out of action. 

• Like 1

Adam    4,898

I've kept hold of Zaha through him being injured all season, but didn't realise he'd be fully fit today so he's on my bench. Just scored :mellow:

Loz    607

Already have more points than I got in the last round.. Tammy Abraham is proving a nice little addition to my team so far. 

Adam    4,898

@hugobomb our top of the table clash hinges on Harry Maguire tonight. Factoring in the automatic subs, we are close at 39-40 just in your favour before tonight's game so I'll edge a small win if Maguire doesn't have a howler, or Leicester don't concede loads. Tight!

Baddar    107,379

Well West Brom aren't exactly full of goals so you should be alright. 

Adam    4,898
2 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Well West Brom aren't exactly full of goals so you should be alright. 

Apparently it's been diabolical so far so, looking good for me :P

I see you had a less than stellar week yourself, mate :shifty:

Baddar    107,379

Don't know what you're talking about, I'm doing well in the predictions. :shifty:

• Like 1