EWB-FPL Draft League 17/18

Adam

3 hours ago, Adam said:

If it's any consolation, and it should be, you have the highest score of the week so far. Which is awful news for Huw, your opponent, who has the third highest :P

<_<

I saw that this morning. I need Huddersfield to win, keep a clean sheet and my defender of theirs to score and I might pull this back. Simple!:shifty:

And Benteke getting sent off in this match would help a lot. 

GAMEWEEK 4

@Baddar and his Dildaomen got back to winning ways this week to retain top spot in the league on points difference. A 43-20 win over @MadJack came courtesy of a solid all-round week, N'golo Kante top scoring with 10 points ahead of Rashford with 7, plus Lacazette and Stones earning 6. This was the first week where an over reliance on Man Utd players didn't make up the bulk of the points. Sam endured a tough week and sits rock bottom of the table, Chris Wood accounting for 9 of his 20 points this week, as a sub. 7 points from Gomes were left on the bench too, and only his Watford team mate Richarlison even earned 3 points for the team. Worse news still is that first choice keeper Tom Heaton suffered a potentially serious injury on Sunday for Burnley as well.

@Adam now sits joint top of the table after a 45-31 win over @Davidmarrio. Harry Kane's first league goals of the season earned 13 points alone, Koscielny & new signing Ramsey earned 6 points as did substitute Chelsea defender Rudiger, and Ritchie earned 5 for setting up Newcastle's winner after avoiding a red card for a high boot earlier on. Leroy Sane came off Man City's bench to earn a superb 13 points after matching Kane's goal tally for Dave, but he did leave Sead Kolasinac on the bench and with it rob himself of 11 points. Joe Hart's 6 points were also left on the bench, meaning that the points missed out on by those two players ultimately cost Dave a narrow win over myself! Morata was the only other decent scorer in the team earning 6.

@Jimmy moves narrowly ahead of Dave on points difference, three points back from me and Baddar, after a 51-42 win against @hugobomb, who suffers the tough break of coming up against the week's highest scorer and losing despite a score that would have beaten more than half of the other players. Spursy can thank the Spurs, Ben Davies earning a whopping 14 points and Eriksen 8, whilst City duo De Bruyne and Walker both earned 9 apiece. It could have been even better too, as Trippier's 11 points were left on the bench but thankfully weren't needed. Even Mane's ignominous -2 don't hurt this week, although that three game ban will certainly have an impact over the next few weeks! Hugo's main man was Jesus again, earning 12 points, whilst Azpilicueta & Monreal earned 7 each, and Lukaku 6.

The week's narrowest margin of victory sees @Moses Julep off the foot of the table, a 37-35 victory against @Loz coming largely due to Benjamin Mendy's 10 point haul, and the 7 points for Jamie Vardy. Bizarrely, whilst Dave could have won with better team selection despite a 14 point losing margin, there is nothing Loz could have done here as he only left 1 point on the bench, and it isn't a point that could have been an improvement anyway. Aguero top scored with 9, Vertonghen and Cech got 6 apiece but it wasn't enough in the end.

Table

Baddar - 9pts
Adam - 9pts
Jimmy - 6pts
David - 6pts
Loz - 6pts
Hugo - 4pts
Moses - 4pts
Sam - 3pts

After four games, we are almost all in table order of most points earned anyway despite the H2H rules, although I'm sure that'll change as the season wears on.

------------

Ooooh boy, I would have lost by a point oif Dave had played Hart and Kolasinac! Second time team selection has played a part in me winning, happy to be joint top at this early stage. Think I will stick with my current squad for now too, despite Zaha's injury I have Sterling back this week, and Coutinho must not be too far off.

I keep forgetting I have Kolasinic on the bench. Probably because Wenger kept playing him at centre half. <_<

Least I can add bench players scoring high for this fantasy footy to the EWB fantasy NFL league as well in which in would have won if I started one player... consistency. 

35 minutes ago, Adam said:

Anyone pick anyone up on Waivers or FA this week? Deadline for selection is tonight due to the Friday night fixture between Bournemouth and Brighton.

I managed to get Batshuayi in as a replacement for Sandro from Everton. I'm not sure why I bothered with that change but I did. He'll probably get more game time than the latter, but both are back-up anyway.

Pog's injury is gonna fuck me this week. I've brought Gray in as a replacement but all I'm expecting is a single appearance point when he comes off the bench. :/

13 hours ago, Adam said:

Anyone pick anyone up on Waivers or FA this week? Deadline for selection is tonight due to the Friday night fixture between Bournemouth and Brighton.

Yep, brought in Defoe for Giroud and Choupo Moting for Townsend. 

Do we have to announce them in here before we do 'em, or is it all fair game? 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Ritchie two assists, now Sterling scores after Aguero lets him take a penalty. Very good. 

But, you're up against me this week, right? Aguero and Silva have bagged me more points between them than your entire team right now :P hopefully Kane doesn't batter Swansea this evening and I should get a decent win this week ;)

1 hour ago, Loz said:

But, you're up against me this week, right? Aguero and Silva have bagged me more points between them than your entire team right now :P hopefully Kane doesn't batter Swansea this evening and I should get a decent win this week ;)

I didn't notice I was up against you, that's that then :lol: