EWB-FPL Draft League 17/18

Adam

13 minutes ago, Adam said:

Harry Kane at the double, fully justifying my #1 pick. Start as I mean to go on this weekend, hopefully.

I mean I haven't looked, but I bet I'm playing you. Called he'd score a hat trick when I played against him after a shit August.

Also, it seems I forgot to take Luiz out. Keane is my #3 sub. Will he come in instead or am I playing with 10?

15 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I mean I haven't looked, but I bet I'm playing you. Called he'd score a hat trick when I played against him after a shit August.

Also, it seems I forgot to take Luiz out. Keane is my #3 sub. Will he come in instead or am I playing with 10?

A sub will come on. I'm not sure if it changes for the first sub in the same position or just the first available. 

If it's the latter then, looking at your team, Batshuayi will replace him.

Just a shit week really. I blame Luiz. His red last week may well have cost me the win (I only lost by a few points), and he was suspended this week. Keane couldn't even deputise as he was injured, and the rest of my squad didn't register many points either. Pog's injury is costing me too. Only backup is Gray, who tends to only get sub appearances.

• Like 1

Another good week for me. Aguero and David Silva have a combined 53 points in their last two games. I can't see Bellerin getting the 30 or so points Jimmy needs to beat me, so it looks like I'll be going top. :D 

I realised all too late that I didn't do an update based on last week's results, so here they are in a quick one:

@Loz 62-40 @Adam

@MadJack 41-55 @Jimmy

@Davidmarrio 35-61 @hugobomb

@Baddar 44-50 @Moses Julep

So, now on to this week, which concluded with Arsenal's 2-0 win over WBA last night:

@Loz goes into 1st place with another big win, 57-37 over @Jimmy. Aguero & Baldy Silva both earning 11 points in that one, whilst another great 9 point haul from Chris Schindler at Huddersfield, I think he's probably the sleeper hit of the season in defence so far. Abraham & Alli both got 8 as well to contribute to that win, whilst Jimmy's best scorers were Eriksen with 9, then Bellerin (8) and Walker (6), nobody else managing more than 3. Eriksen has an illness this week though so could be a doubt for the next league game. It wouldn't have made a difference to the result, but Jimmy also left 8 points from Gray on the bench with neither Defoe or Benteke earning more than 2.

Big win this week for me as well, 63-45 over @Baddar to go clear with Loz at the top of the table on 12 points from 6 games. Largely that's courtesy of a triple-pronged assault by Sterling, Kane and Coutinho who all earned 13 points apiece, enough to beat 3 other teams with just those three! Koscielny and Ramsey both earned 6 points last night to compound the defeat for Baddar, although he did get his highest scorer in that game with Lacazette's double earning 13 points too. Bailly & Stones on 6 the next best performers, as the Man Utd presence failed to pay off this time around.

@hugobomb is outright 3rd in the table now on 10 points after a 57-36 win over @MadJack. Azpilicueta's 14 points make him the best performing defender in the league this week by some distance, not bad for someone playing in a back three. His assist for Morata's opener was a thing of beauty I have to say, but anyway behind him Zanka & De Gea earned 8 points each, with at least 9 players getting 3+ points for Huw this week. Sam is now 4 points adrift at the bottom of the standings, Jones (9), Richarlison (7) and Valencia (5) his only performers over 3 points this week, although Okazaki earned 6 points but was left on the bench, as was goalkeeper Lossl who earned 7.

Finally, @Davidmarrio earned a crushing 61-17 win over @Moses Julep thanks in no small part to the league's two highest scorers of the week - hat-trick hero Morata getting 17 - as many as Moses got through his entire team - and Sane with 16. Salah with 7, Sanchez and Hernandez with 5 apiece contributing to an impressive result. David even left 11 points on the bench, Kolasinac's 6 going unused despite two defenders (Alonso & Matip) earning 0. Moses' best performer was unused sub goalie Courtois with 6, with no one in the starting 11 earning more than 3 - Vardy & Gross the 'saving graces' so to speak - but even worse news is that Rooney, Antonio & Mendy are all carrying injuries after this weekend, and he already has Welbeck & Rose out sat on the bench.

Probably the first week of the season where all four results were so decisive, it leaves the table looking like this:

1. TOP OF THE KLOPPS (Loz) - 12pts (+278)

2. BAINES & NOBLE (Adam) - 12pts (+272)

3. BOMBERS (Huw) - 10pts (+267)

4. ATHLETIC DILDAO (Baddar) - 9pts (+295)

5. KINDERGARTEN KLOPP (Dave) - 9pts (+264)

6. SPURSY (Jimmy) - 9pts (+263)

7. COOP FLEW THE COOP (Moses) - 7pts (+196)

8. #POGBANTS (Sam) - 3pts (+197)

• Like 2

Who would've though that Schindler would've been by far my best defender so far? I only picked him because of his performance against Leeds last season. Great decision so far. I don't know how long it'll last though. Town have some tough matches coming up. 

• Like 1